Cockpit

* User Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Who's Online

• *Users: 0
  • *Guests: 31
  • *Total: 31

Author Topic: Cockpits for Sale...mine?  (Read 1423 times)

Offline blueskydriver

• I am chained to this website!
  • FSX/FS9 PM, PMDG737-700, FDSMIP/Overhead.etc
  • First Name: John
  • Home Location: WI
Cockpits for Sale...mine?
« on: October 10, 2017, 10:11:27 PM »
Hello Everyone,

Time has come for me to downsize and sell two of the cockpits that I have. Yes, I know it's abnormal to announce this, because selling anything relating to this hobby is rare for me; especially, when I am use to buying...lol!

Okay, what am I selling? Two of my cockpits. The first one (cockpit A) I had setup in my garage (before building the shed/hanger), which is OEM, and the second one (cockpit B) is fabricated from wood and fiberglass, which was built years ago for a flight school located in Mankato, MN.

For cockpit A, it is the real shell, with the top half of the ray-dome and includes all of the interior panels. I used this one as a B737NG with all of my FDS items (MIP, Overhead and etc.) and had planned to continue using it until now. It is the same cockpit I spoke of in all of my postings the over years. I will link some of these past posts, where pics are included, as well as add some new pics. Please remember this is for the shell, ray-dome and liners only, so anything else shown is not included.

The price is $1,500 cash only upfront and you must arrange for all transportation. So, if you want it, pull up with a trailer and the money, and it'll be yours...

For cockpit B, it's a replica of a B727/B737 and this includes the back wall. In other words, it's all enclosed and the liners are built into it. The best part is this cockpit is sectional, yes sectional...meaning it can be taken apart and put into any room big enough for it, say like an extra bedroom or den, along with the basement or garage. Each piece can be carried through a standard size door, much like moving living room furniture...not easy, but not hard either, just bulky.

There are some pics of this cockpit in my older posts and I will link those later as well, along with adding some new pics. Mind you, it's currently apart, but I will do my best to show it being together.

The price is $1,000 cash and again, upfront money when you come to pick it up.

Sorry no payment plans for either cockpit since the prices are low...

Lastly, once the cockpits are sold, I will begin selling other items that I no longer need. It can range from switches to gauges up to a MIP, Overhead (not the one in the pics), Seats and so on...just not ready to deal with these items yet, since they're still in boxes.

If you're interested please PM me.

John
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 11:14:11 PM by blueskydriver »
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Offline blueskydriver

Re: Cockpits for Sale...mine?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 11:16:42 PM »
Here is an older thread with a lot of photos in it for Cockpit A:

http://www.cockpitbuilders.com/community/index.php?topic=1420.msg10800#msg10800

John
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 11:23:31 PM by blueskydriver »
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Offline Caflyt

• Forum GURU
  • Private Pilot/ 737ng cockpit builder
  • First Name: Craig
  • Home Location: Boca Raton, Florida
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 05:30:43 AM »
Darn you John!!!!
Why can't you live in Florida?

Offline blueskydriver

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 09:51:18 AM »
What were you thinking of Craig?

Offline blueskydriver

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 01:40:36 AM »
Okay, after getting very little sleep (2 hours) over the last 36 hours, I figured that I might as well look for more pics of the sectional cockpit. I only found a few, but Karen says she has some on her computer. She went to bed hours ago, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to get them.

What I found on mine is pretty old, but for now it reveals a few things. First, the built in liners are not all built in, for example, the lower panels attach like the real aircraft lower panels and rightly so; otherwise, you could not take the shell apart. Those detachable ones do come with the cockpit.  Next, in the pics you'll see a very early FDS MIP in use, but it, along with anything else in the cockpit photos are not included with the sale. Thus, please remember it's just the sectional shell and the liners; please note, you will see the Overhead, MIP, Glareshield, Handles, Overhead Red/White Lights and so on, these items are not included, because they're going into my B727 in one form or another.

Almost forgot, there are Circuit Breaker decals on the back wall and other areas, but they're not exactly B737 types. However, does anyone remember the CB breakers that FDS made and sold, as well as the decals made and sold that JackPilot purchased, along with myself and others? What you would do is make the panel out of plexi or metal, drill all the holes, attached the decals and attched the circuit breakers and you're done. Well, my stuff is still in the box, so I will be selling those soon. Jack, if you're reading this, how about linking to some of your older posts for me, if not I'll get to later.

Lastly, I will say that some of the other items shown in the pics will eventually be sold, so keep an eye out for them in my future posts...

John

PS. Some of you have asked me to call you and I will do so, but most likely it'll be Thursday, and sometime after lunch hour (CST).  ;D
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 12:18:46 PM by blueskydriver »

Offline blueskydriver

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 02:49:25 PM »
Here are a few more pics of the OEM shell before we did some work on it. More pics for the sectional one forthcoming, searching all my storage drives now.

There is a pic of Karen painting the interior panels some years ago; the panels are included with the OEM cockpit.

John

Offline blueskydriver

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2017, 11:41:01 AM »
Found a few more pics that helps show the fiberglass/wood cockpit better, but these are not the ones Karen and I have been searching for. We’re going to keep looking and hopefully find them because it shows everything together and the day we took it apart, along with loading it all into a moving truck...

John

Offline blueskydriver

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2017, 08:16:45 PM »
Hey Bernard check your PM. Rob, please PM me...

John

Offline jackpilot

• 737-800 Sim-Avionics/Full Cockpit FDS + OEM P3D V4
  • First Name: Jack
  • Home Location: Montreal / Canada
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2017, 01:18:07 PM »
Hi John here they are:
CB panels decals and breakers set on lexan sheets and on the backwall

Jack

Offline bernard S

• Forum GURU
  • Aviation Enthusiast
  • First Name: Bernard
  • Home Location: Austin TX
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2017, 08:05:34 PM »
i dont have sausage from you

Offline blueskydriver

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2017, 11:46:44 PM »
Hi Benard,

When is the best time to call you? I sent you a PM yetserday or the day before asking this...let me know please. On Monday, I have 3 docotor appointments, so I will not be availabe until after 5:30pm.

Kind Regards,

John

Offline blueskydriver

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2017, 11:48:20 PM »
Hi Jack,

Thank you for the pics, those panels you made do look awesome!

John

Offline simlady/ Karen

• The wife of a sim nut..who is turning into a sim nut
  • Forum GURU
  • Aviation Enthusiast
  • First Name: Karen
  • Home Location: Wisconsin
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2017, 11:48:42 AM »
Sorry guys that John has not gotten back to any one regarding his Sims for sale.  It's MY fault... I take the blame...  ;D

I have been looking at getting a new truck before winter, so that i can get a good feel for it before the snow flies, so John and i have been doing some Truck shopping.

I traded my 2010 Chevy Silverado 2500 for a 2018 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab.... IT's sooo sweet.... so once again, sorry that John has been delayed in getting back to everyone but He had to help me get my new toy...

Karen
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 12:17:07 PM by simlady/ Karen »

Offline blueskydriver

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2017, 01:29:05 PM »
Hey Everyone,

Some may remember this post about me selling a couple of my cockpits, and then wondered what happened? Plus, some folks had already made offers, but I never got back too anyone... Last thing I said was, "Getting Karen a new truck right now and we were at the dealership at this very moment", etc.

Anyway, what followed came out of nowhere, and no not from buying the truck...lol..., but I started having health issues with my heart. So, after many tests and change of meds, I am better. However, the doctors are bitching at me, where they'd nicely ask me before, that I must reduce all my stress. Right? I said...lol..., but they said I will not be around much longer if I don't listen too them!

Therefore, after rethinking everything, I still want to sell the items I listed, but now I am adding the B727-200 cockpit, the real one that we cut the bottom off of last summer and got it into the shed. Okay, I am asking $4,000 cash and firm at that price, and no payment plans. Plus, you must come pick it up or a trucking company you hire can. If you have a trailer, I will pay for the crane truck to load it onto your trailer.

For the listed items, I know people have asked about the CB kit from FDS, as well as other items...the truth is I haven't sold a single thing yet, but I will slowly, so have patience with me. Also, no one has asked if I am totally leaving the hobby, and the answer is, no I am not.

In fact, I decided to leave OEM cockpit building and moved totally towards FDS Cockpits. Drum-roll please! The big surprise...I already have a FDS B737 Cockpit (painted) and the Liner Kit sitting here still in the box, with the ever so popular O2 panels on the way. Unfortunately, I cannot set it up because I have no room, hence the selling of the other cockpits.

Lastly, I want to express one important thing, in my opinion the guy who shows up with a wad of cash and a trailer is going too get the best deal. Why? Because I am likely to just throw extra stuff in for very little, or even for free! Believe me when I say I will work with you..., but you must do the same with me  :)

For questions and sometimes, my slow to answer you, answers. please PM me and I will get your phone number or give you mine where we can discuss everything...

Kind Regards,

John

Ps It is Christmas time and this is the best time too get your wife/spouse/significant other to go along with you..."calling it a present" if you get my meaning.  :idiot:

Offline blueskydriver

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2017, 02:39:01 PM »
By the way folks, there are many older post of mine about my B727-200 now for sale. You will see in the older post how it was transported with the bottom still attached... I copied a pic from Phil's older post to give you one idea on how to transport it without the bottom. Of course, this is just one method, there are many others.

Also, I know Karen does not want me too say this, but for USA buyers, I do have my own trailer that is big enough to transport any of the cockpits that I am selling, and if possible, I could transport it to you. Although, you must pay all my fuel costs for round trip, pay for 1-2 nights hotel (depending on your distance from me) and first pay in full for the cockpit itself. And, I would prefer that you ride in the van with me to your location, so if anything happens, you know why, but more so, because you already own it and I am not responsible for transportation damages.

With that said, you must understand I only offer the "me transport it for you deal" too someone special, who is 100% ready to commit with no waffling, who puts the cash money in my hand and who is very passionate about cockpit building. But, for whatever reason cannot find a way to transport it themselves. Why? Because I know how it feels too want a cockpit so badly, yet to have no way to transport it...it totally sucks! However, some sellers did help me and I want to "pay it forward". Maybe, I should say " do you have OCD like mine?"...lol!

If this is you, PM me  :idiot:

John
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 02:43:30 PM by blueskydriver »

COUNTDOWN TO WF2018

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent Posts

Jetmax 737 TQ for Sale
by Holclo
[Today at 03:11:42 AM]
So this thing is on it's way....
by iwik
[Today at 12:50:45 AM]
B747-400 Update - Oxygen Masks done ...
by jackpilot
[December 17, 2017, 06:48:04 PM]
Shell MIP Move
by Ed
[December 17, 2017, 06:17:47 PM]
Sismo modules shut down with P3D 4.1 and WideTraffic/WideView 64
by FredK
[December 17, 2017, 06:14:54 PM]
I want your feedback!
by Trevor Hale
[December 17, 2017, 12:59:38 PM]
CraigSim 737 update
by Caflyt
[December 17, 2017, 05:59:58 AM]
737 Document Holder
by Aerosim Solutions
[December 16, 2017, 09:30:22 PM]
My Simming Year in Review
by Aerosim Solutions
[December 16, 2017, 09:08:04 PM]
Wanted: parts of yoke
by gufau
[December 16, 2017, 04:36:13 AM]
Upgrading my PC. Will this work?
by Caflyt
[December 15, 2017, 04:23:09 PM]
737-800 Arduino X-Plane Build
by kurt-olsson
[December 15, 2017, 12:45:44 PM]
Weather set problem
by luisgordo
[December 15, 2017, 09:25:08 AM]
Mickey's Flightdeck - A Boeing 737-800 Cockpit on Youtube
by B747-400
[December 15, 2017, 06:21:29 AM]
Lian Li Purchase?
by ifeliciano
[December 15, 2017, 01:17:30 AM]
WANTED: Real 737 Dual Linked Yokes
by bernard S
[December 14, 2017, 04:23:52 PM]
Older USB CPFlight MCP for sale
by jr2mey
[December 13, 2017, 08:35:25 AM]
RAL 7011 - Paint Options
by GarethH
[December 13, 2017, 08:20:51 AM]
Sismo IRS Panel - Anyone Have One?
by blueskydriver
[December 13, 2017, 08:01:17 AM]
737 control columns Capt & FO
by Joe Lavery
[December 13, 2017, 06:14:31 AM]
Gas strut newton for elevation
by Trevor Hale
[December 11, 2017, 05:11:30 PM]
MIP Dimmer Panels
by ifeliciano
[December 11, 2017, 01:51:13 PM]
New supplier for your sim
by Fcoq
[December 11, 2017, 02:59:18 AM]
Got My Flightdeck Solutions Oxygen Panels...
by blueskydriver
[December 10, 2017, 12:35:54 AM]
737 Aft Overhead EEC Switches - Where do I get one?
by MistyBlue
[December 09, 2017, 01:53:43 PM]
P3D v3 Verus P3D V4 ?
by Bob Reed
[December 09, 2017, 09:39:42 AM]
Boeing 737-800 Next Generation Simulator
by fsaviator
[December 09, 2017, 07:59:51 AM]
PFC Jetliner Column Yoke USB -SOLD-
by blueskydriver
[December 08, 2017, 06:46:26 PM]
Interfacing BENDIX/KING KMD-150 GPS and X-Plane