Cockpit

* User Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Who's Online

  • *Users: 1
  • *Guests: 42
  • *Total: 43

Author Topic: A WARNING ABOUT HISPAPANELS!  (Read 1198 times)

Offline mgovernali

  • Forum GURU
  • *
  • Posts: 39
  • Aviation Enthusiast
  • First Name: mark
  • Home Location: calgary
A WARNING ABOUT HISPAPANELS!
« on: September 15, 2017, 05:42:13 PM »
Hello guys. I usually never post bad reviews about anything, but these guys take the cake! About a year ago I purchased a set of panels for my 747 center pedestal. For starters the radios all missed the black knobs extensions which I had to make myself (over 30 of them) but the thing which bothered me the most was the color - which was way off (too red as you can see in the photo.) I lived with it for all this time, but tired of being asked by those who visit why is my center pedestal of 2 colors, I decided to contact them and asked if they were willing to make me a new set at no charge. The problem is that they are using the wrong color to start with, and they even sell it in cans. i did not expect to get free panels, but keep in mind that i had paid almost 400 euros (about $600) which is a ridiculous amount of cash for a few pieces of plastic. I would have at the very least expected them to re-make them for a much discounted price. But he biggest insult was that they simply said that "it is not their fault" and that the best they can do is to sell me a can of paint (of the same wrong color) so that I can spray them myself - covering all the white lettering in the process!! So since there was no one else involved in this transaction - I guess they are implying that it must have been my fault? It was my fault that THEY are using the wrong color? Absolutely ridiculous customer service. I bet that to make these few panels did not cost them more that 50 euros, so they prefer having an unhappy customer out there posting bad reviews - other that finding a compromise. Now, that is what I call a smart business!
Thank you.

Offline Fcoq

  • Forum GURU
  • *
  • Posts: 86
  • Aviation Enthusiast
  • First Name: Franck
  • Home Location: Eure et loir, France
Re: A WARNING ABOUT HISPAPANELS!
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 06:18:27 PM »
Hi Mark
Do you know the good RAL reference color ?
Have you buy them some panels before the "bad color"?

Regards
Franck
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 06:19:03 PM by Fcoq »

Offline mgovernali

  • Forum GURU
  • *
  • Posts: 39
  • Aviation Enthusiast
  • First Name: mark
  • Home Location: calgary
Re: A WARNING ABOUT HISPAPANELS!
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 08:52:08 PM »
Hey Frank. The original Boeing color is supposed to be BAC 8328. The closest color most cockpit builders including myself seem to settle for is RAL 8025. For whatever reasons which escape me, hispapanels decided to go with RAL 8024. As I told them, this shows that they did not do any research prior to adopting that color, because if they did, they would have seen that just about every forum talks about using RAL 8025. Just as a general idea, although a picture cannot do the real thing justice, look at the attached picture as a comparison. You will see that although not perfect, the color at the top (8025) is light years closer to the original than the color HIspaPanels is using. And for the life of me I do not understand why they use that color. I mean, even a blind person can see which of the 2 colors is closer, but RAL 8024 is definitely a no-no!
Thank you.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 08:54:00 PM by mgovernali »

Offline Fcoq

  • Forum GURU
  • *
  • Posts: 86
  • Aviation Enthusiast
  • First Name: Franck
  • Home Location: Eure et loir, France
Re: A WARNING ABOUT HISPAPANELS!
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 04:38:54 AM »
I use RAL 8025 and that make this result

Offline archen

  • Forum GURU
  • *
  • Posts: 244
  • Aviation Enthusiast
    • Anders Simparts
  • First Name: Anders
  • Home Location: Falun
A WARNING ABOUT HISPAPANELS!
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 08:59:06 AM »
Wow, that color is not even close ????

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk

------------
Anders Simparts
http://www.anderssimparts.com
https://www.facebook.com/ArchenSimparts
Selling "Hard-to-get" simparts like authentic Engine starters, Autobrake, IRS mode selectors and N1&SPD Ref Switches.
------------

Offline bernard S

  • Forum GURU
  • *
  • Posts: 350
  • Aviation Enthusiast
  • First Name: Bernard
  • Home Location: Austin TX
Re: A WARNING ABOUT HISPAPANELS!
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2017, 10:10:42 AM »
cut the chap some slack     but i feel your pain .i would be super .pissed after a year and they are wrong
.however theres 50 shades of Boeing brown with OEM panels I have all OEM and i have  couple that are darker than others ... I am quite sure after the public ticking off he will resol e it ...my expectation if this happened to me would be to replace with Boeing common brown ...its just the right thing to do .. failing that its a small small world when it comes to lightplates ..i think it just got smaller ????

Offline mgovernali

  • Forum GURU
  • *
  • Posts: 39
  • Aviation Enthusiast
  • First Name: mark
  • Home Location: calgary
Re: A WARNING ABOUT HISPAPANELS!
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2017, 04:21:39 PM »
I agree 100% Bernard! The truth of the matter is that any smart business person would have found a compromise, I would have been willing to pay half the cost all over again... instead here is what he replied back:

"Unfortunately I can't send you new panels free of charge as I understand is not my fault. However, there are some customers who have asked me for custom RAL colors and I have paint bottles reserved for them. The price of 1 kg of custom paint is 23 euros."

 :o

 

Offline blueskydriver

  • I am chained to this website!
  • *
  • Posts: 1,363
  • FSX/FS9 PM, PMDG737-700, FDSMIP/Overhead.etc
  • First Name: John
  • Home Location: WI
Re: A WARNING ABOUT HISPAPANELS!
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2017, 07:01:36 PM »
Hi Mark,

How about asking him for an exchange then? He sends the ones with the color you want and then you send him the ones you have now? He can always resell them and I am guessing you kept them in great shape. It's win-win that way for both of you. Plus, if you're willing to pay a little bit, you pay for paint and shipping...

Sometimes, asking the business for a compromise has too come from the buyer; especially, since you did not ask or complain when you first got them in the mail. It was only after others questioned the color that you decided to contact the seller, so really you were okay with them up until that point.

I mean no disrespect to you, but a year is way too long to contact the seller with a dissatisfaction of a product you purchased. So, the seller is likely saying he is not at fault because of this reason, even though the color type is not exactly right. Maybe, he gets a discount on volume of the RAL 8024, in spite of you and other people knowing RAL 8025 is technically correct.

Thus, you shouldn't be angry at him or voice your negative review towards his company on the internet. Unless he specifically had something on the purchase page when you placed the order that says "we only use RAL 8024 on our panels" and you did not get that color. If that were the case, you would've returned them as soon as you got them.

Maybe, you should ask the dealer "how can we together make this right, where both of us are happy about the deal?"...then delete this entire post ????

Kind Regards,

John
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 07:45:30 PM by blueskydriver »
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Offline Joe Lavery

  • I may as well be Staff!
  • *
  • Posts: 527
  • 737 Builder
  • First Name: Joseph
  • Home Location: Cardiff, UK
Re: A WARNING ABOUT HISPAPANELS!
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2017, 01:57:24 AM »
I have to say I agree witth John.

If you check out the Hiapapanels 747 page it clearly says on every panel that he uses RAL 8024. Also the radio panel is not shown with the black upstands, you bought just the panel and the items again is clearly shown.
 
I have bought from Hispapanels in the past and had good service, and Manolo has always been most helpful. I also wondered why you've waited a year before making this complaint.
Incidentally I have nothing to do with Hispapanels, just another customer.

 :2cw:  Joe.
'Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain!'

www.pcpilot.net

Offline Fcoq

  • Forum GURU
  • *
  • Posts: 86
  • Aviation Enthusiast
  • First Name: Franck
  • Home Location: Eure et loir, France
Re: A WARNING ABOUT HISPAPANELS!
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2017, 03:46:33 AM »
Wow, that color is not even close ????

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk

I just want to show you my 8025 RAL....
Depending the manufacturer of the RAL , you can have a difference.......

@ Joe and John: I agree with you!!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 03:47:10 AM by Fcoq »

Offline archen

  • Forum GURU
  • *
  • Posts: 244
  • Aviation Enthusiast
    • Anders Simparts
  • First Name: Anders
  • Home Location: Falun
A WARNING ABOUT HISPAPANELS!
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2017, 02:39:53 PM »
I was actually referring to the color HISPA was using and not yours :) sorry about the confusion

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk

------------
Anders Simparts
http://www.anderssimparts.com
https://www.facebook.com/ArchenSimparts
Selling "Hard-to-get" simparts like authentic Engine starters, Autobrake, IRS mode selectors and N1&SPD Ref Switches.
------------

Offline mgovernali

  • Forum GURU
  • *
  • Posts: 39
  • Aviation Enthusiast
  • First Name: mark
  • Home Location: calgary
Re: A WARNING ABOUT HISPAPANELS!
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2017, 11:28:35 PM »
Guys I do not want to make a big deal out of this. All I wanted was to point out a couple of points.

1) They did not do any research before adopting that color as their standard Boeing brown, because if they did, they would have seen that 95% of cockpit builders use and recommend RAL-8025. Another good idea would have been to acquire a real component somehow, and then match their color to it. As I did, I have a real fuel cutoff valves panel on the throttle Assembly. Well all I did was to take it to Home Depot and got them to match me a gallon of paint. A no brainer.

2) If you have ever owned any sort of business (and I have owned several) no matter the type, you soon learn that it simply does not pay off to have un-happy customers out there - especially nowadays with the internet. There is no point on arguing, the business always loses. Perhaps not directly, but in the long run - the business always loses. So suppose, that they would have said, "we will remake the panels for 50% off, I would have jumped on it. And a I am sure you'd agree that they would have still made money - and kept a happy customer and perhaps get some good reviews as a result. Now, since the transaction was between myself and them only, by them stating "it is not our fault" that leaves only me, and for the life of me I just cannot figure out where I went wrong. Because all I did was pay them 400 euros for 9 pieces of plastic painted in the wrong color. Because I had assumed that I was dealing with a serious outfit, hence when I ordered the panels in "Boeing brown", I assumed they knew what they were doing, it should not have been up to me to tell them what brown to use -(I think). Years ago I owned a large automotive shop. Suppose that a customer brought me a Ferrari in to repaint (and we did many Ferrari), do you think I could have painted it whatever shade of red I had leftover, or do you think I had to make sure that the color I used was what the manufacturer called for? Bottom line- once again, it was  not a smart move on their side, because just think of the many potential customers (and sales) they might have lost because of this, so now they perhaps saved 50 euros, but they most likely lost 10,000. So where is the intelligent business decision in all of this? just curious.

3) For the life of me, can anyone explain to me how could "selling me another bottle of the wrong paint" (as they suggested), have resolved the issue? especially when I would have lost all of the white engraved lettering. Was that a smart suggestion to make on their part? just curious.   

Offline Trevor Hale

  • Administrator
  • I am chained to this website!
  • *
  • Posts: 3,263
    • Cockpitbuilders.com
  • First Name: Trevor
  • Home Location: New Liskeard, Ontario
Re: A WARNING ABOUT HISPAPANELS!
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2017, 07:30:40 AM »
Must be fall fever. With all the arguments going on on the site over the past week.


Think we all need to sit back and relax a little and have a beer.


Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

Offline tomenglish2000

  • Forum GURU
  • *
  • Posts: 17
  • Aviation Enthusiast
  • First Name: Tom
  • Home Location: Stafford
Re: A WARNING ABOUT HISPAPANELS!
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2017, 11:13:02 AM »
Hi Mark,

I have to agree with John and Joe. Their website clearly lists RAL8024. If you knew this was not the right colour why did you order it? The panels on the website look the same colour you received. They haven't tried to deceive you and have supplied exactly what they promised to you. Bernard also has a point, there is no "Boeing Brown". I don't think any of my OEM units match each other.

It might be fairer if you are trying to warn people the colour doesn't match what you expected, but your post is more than that, you are complaining about how they have not rectified it.

It will cost way more than €50 to manufacture these. It's not just the cost of the plastic and the paint (which will be more than €50 anyway). Its the time it takes them to cut them, prepare them, paint them, engrave them, assemble them, pack them, not to mention paying for a workshop, electricity, equipment etc. €400 is a very good deal. I would be surprised if they make much profit on that.

Your "compromise" appears to be "Replace my panels at a discounted cost or I post a bad review". Seeing as they didn't make a mistake in the first place I don't see how this thread is justified. You got exactly what you ordered.

If you were unhappy why didn't you return them immediately? Perhaps they would have refunded you. Imagine you sprayed that Farrari in the colour you told the customer you would be using, then a year later they come back and say they would have preferred you to use a different colour and can you "fix" it for a much-discounted price. Doesn't it sound unfair and unreasonable? You told them you would use that colour in the first place.

The mantra "you get what you pay for" possibly applies here too. I don't wish to insult Hispapanels, but they arent in the same league as FDS, Simvionics or Flyengravity etc.

I'd chalk this up to experience and either start liking the darker brown or start buying from another manufacturer.

For the record, I am not affiliated with Hispapanels and have not been a customer.

Tom.


Offline jackpilot

  • Moderator
  • I am chained to this website!
  • *
  • Posts: 3,667
  • 737-7Posky/ FS9/ PM soft/Full cockpit FDS/ XP/
  • First Name: Jack
  • Home Location: Montreal / Canada
Re: A WARNING ABOUT HISPAPANELS!
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2017, 11:28:19 AM »
All right Guys,

Facts have been reported and duly noted, advice given, comments made...

I think it is now time to turn that page and do as Trevor said  :D
Jack


Jack

Offline mgovernali

  • Forum GURU
  • *
  • Posts: 39
  • Aviation Enthusiast
  • First Name: mark
  • Home Location: calgary
Re: A WARNING ABOUT HISPAPANELS!
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2017, 04:14:51 PM »
There are simply too many ways to look at this - therefore, Jack's right! Let's all have a beer, !! ;D
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 04:20:21 PM by mgovernali »

Offline jackpilot

  • Moderator
  • I am chained to this website!
  • *
  • Posts: 3,667
  • 737-7Posky/ FS9/ PM soft/Full cockpit FDS/ XP/
  • First Name: Jack
  • Home Location: Montreal / Canada
Re: A WARNING ABOUT HISPAPANELS!
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2017, 04:58:50 PM »


Jack

Offline bernard S

  • Forum GURU
  • *
  • Posts: 350
  • Aviation Enthusiast
  • First Name: Bernard
  • Home Location: Austin TX
Re: A WARNING ABOUT HISPAPANELS!
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2017, 05:12:12 PM »
na    bollocks  this stew has more stiring in it yet ????????????????

Offline hispapanels

  • CockpitBuilder
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Aviation Enthusiast
  • First Name: Manolo
  • Home Location: Spain
Re: A WARNING ABOUT HISPAPANELS!
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2017, 04:36:21 PM »
Hello everybody and sorry for my bad english.

Although Jackpilot has ended this thread, I would like to add my point of view because mgovernali is attacking me.

Facts:

1. mgovernali claims after three years from his order
2. the page shows the exact color used for each item

And now let me paste the three short emails we crossed (one from him, my answer and his threats against me).

I'm not going to write in this thread again. Take your own conclusions.

Best regards. Manolo.



*************************


Hello Manolo, thank you for your reply.

I do not agree with you at all that the exact color is hard to find. I went to the local house paint store with a real piece of the cockpit (the throttle assembly fuel valve panel) and they matched the color within 5 minutes, with which I painted my MIP and other parts of the cockpit. Just by looking at the color examples you sell you should be able to see that the color you use is way too red. The reason is because you did not do any research, because if you did, you would have seen that 90% of cockpit builders in forums recommend using RAL 8025. That color is not perfect, but it is very-very close to the original Boeing color. The color you are using is night and day.

Manolo, please understand that this has nothing to do with money, I can afford buying all my panels all over again from another supplier, what REALLY bothers me is that you said that "it is not your fault?" Then who's fault is it? mine? I sent you a truckload of money, almost 400 Euros for a few pieces of plastic, which they probably cost you less than 50 euros to make, so when you say that you cannot fix the mistake that you definitely made (because you guys use the wrong color, not me) it is very regrettable.

I own a computer store, I know how to fill up the internet with bad reviews, very easily. Please be advised that you leave me with non other choice. I must alert my fellow simmers in every website of your bad quality (color-wise) and the fact that you blamed me for it. So within a week or so, you will see every forum included Facebook with my reviews, and I can assure you you will not like it. This also shows that you are not a good business person, because if you were, you would first and foremost make sure that your customers are happy, and then realize that it would be much cheaper for you to make me new panels instead than losing who knows how much money because of the sales you will lose as a result. Well your choice!

"it is not your fault" Absolutely ridiculous answer!!


Saludos!!

Marco.


Sent from Outlook


From: Hispapanels SL - Manolo <hispapanels@hispapanels.com>
Sent: September 4, 2017 11:21 AM
To: mgovernali@******.com
Subject: Re: [Hispapanels] Message from contact form [no_sync]
 
Hello Marco.

Thank you for contacting.

I see your order was placed three years ago, with a total cost 397,40 euros.

The exact color is not easy to obtain (even more when you can find
different shades of same color when you compare panels, even on the same
flight deck; there are many pictures on Airliners.net with that fact).

Every panel in my catalogue is defined with the color used for it, in
order to make the customers knowing if that color matches their
requirements.

Unfortunately I can't send you new panels free of charge as I understand
is not my fault.

However, there are some customers who have asked me for custom RAL
colors and I have paint bottles reserved for them. The price of 1 kg of
custom paint is 23 euros.



Saludos - Best regards
Manolo Hdez-Peña M.
www.hispapanels.com




El 02/09/2017 a las 21:43, Hispapanels escribió:
>       
> Hispapanels <http://hispapanels.com/tienda/en/>
> Message from a Hispapanels customer
>        *Customer e-mail address: mgovernali@******.com
> <mailto:mgovernali@*******.com>*
>
> *Customer message:* Gentlemen how are you. Back in 2014 as you can see I
> placed a large order of panels from my 747 center pedestal. The
> manufacturing and the quality are excellent, but the COLOR as you can
> see from the attached photo is very different than what is supposed to
> be. As my cockpit has several real components, and some purchased, there
> is of course some minor difference between components makers, but your
> panels (as you can see) are totally different, to a point which makes me
> wonder if you did any research on the color Boeing uses. When someone
> (like me) spends several tens of thousands of dollars building a
> cockpit, we want our cockpit to look as good and as close to the real
> thing as possible, but after almost 3 years of looking at your panels,
> and after countless people asking me why ate these panels of a different
> (wrong), I got tired of pretending that they are OK. As I can see from
> the paint you sell, you are selling and using the wrong color, because
> the color you should be using is RAL 8025 which is the closest to the
> original Boeing color BAC 8328. I spent a lot of money on your
> panels,and I expect them to be of the accurate color. Therefore I would
> ask you to make me a new set of panels (at no charge) to replace the
> wrong color ones you sent me. Please let me know if you could do that.
> Thank you. Marco Governali.
>
> *Order ID:* HUMFULEPI
> *Attached file:* Photo0048.jpg         
>


Offline Trevor Hale

  • Administrator
  • I am chained to this website!
  • *
  • Posts: 3,263
    • Cockpitbuilders.com
  • First Name: Trevor
  • Home Location: New Liskeard, Ontario
Re: A WARNING ABOUT HISPAPANELS!
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2017, 04:46:50 PM »
Topic Locked...  Glad everyone got to share their side of the story.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

 

COUNTDOWN TO WF2017


WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Simulator REBUILD will begin in

Recent Posts

Descent into NZQN (Queenstown NZ)
by Nlgravity
[Today at 12:02:22 AM]
PoKeys and Potentiometer Jitters
by ifeliciano
[October 19, 2017, 03:30:52 PM]
Correct Amber LEDs for 737 Overhead?
by MistyBlue
[October 19, 2017, 10:19:10 AM]
Greetings from Memphis TN
by XOrionFE
[October 18, 2017, 10:59:19 PM]
Worldflight 2017 Donations!
by Trevor Hale
[October 18, 2017, 07:01:34 PM]
737-800 Arduino X-Plane Build
by kurt-olsson
[October 18, 2017, 03:45:12 PM]
Prepar3D Version 4.0 Announced
by Trevor Hale
[October 18, 2017, 12:23:20 PM]
PFC Jetliner Column Yoke USB
by AngeloC
[October 18, 2017, 10:22:18 AM]
Minor Sim Milestone: I-1 on PilotEdge...
by Ed
[October 18, 2017, 07:09:43 AM]
New supplier for your sim
by Fcoq
[October 18, 2017, 01:42:47 AM]
Rob's 733 Sim
by 737NGer
[October 17, 2017, 12:41:53 PM]
727-200 sim for sale
by blueskydriver
[October 17, 2017, 01:33:47 AM]
Post Your Pit!!!! 1000 Member Show and Tell
by Nlgravity
[October 17, 2017, 01:10:33 AM]
For Sale B737 Circuit Breaker Panels Kit...
by jackpilot
[October 16, 2017, 09:16:13 PM]
P3D v4 and WideTraffic crashing
by Trevor Hale
[October 16, 2017, 04:11:26 PM]
Boeing 737-800 Next Generation Simulator
by jackpilot
[October 16, 2017, 08:13:26 AM]
Cockpits for Sale...mine?
by blueskydriver
[October 15, 2017, 11:48:20 PM]
Bezels and Panels For Sale - B738
by hillbilly20
[October 14, 2017, 04:54:37 AM]
Side views
by Bob Reed
[October 13, 2017, 05:51:07 PM]
Cockpit Seats for Sale $700 or obo.
by blueskydriver
[October 13, 2017, 02:40:48 PM]
full working huds for sale
by navymustang
[October 13, 2017, 09:44:08 AM]
Auto Brake Panel for 30 degree rotary switches
by ifeliciano
[October 12, 2017, 01:49:50 PM]
Hi guys - new here with a question
by Blackhawk
[October 12, 2017, 01:30:29 PM]
Backlit Knobs Source?
by ifeliciano
[October 12, 2017, 10:34:12 AM]
Rotary Switch with Encoder
by Coco737
[October 12, 2017, 09:50:48 AM]
737 Landing Light Bar - Anyone know where to get one?
by XOrionFE
[October 11, 2017, 08:30:05 PM]
Lego Sets for Cockpit Items...trading?
by blueskydriver
[October 11, 2017, 03:18:29 PM]
I'm now using EUR & USD in my shop
by Bob Reed
[October 11, 2017, 11:26:53 AM]
That Annoying 400Hz Tone
by 727737Nut
[October 11, 2017, 11:02:56 AM]
Jorge from NAVCOM
by navcom
[October 11, 2017, 09:44:31 AM]