Cockpit

* User Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Who's Online

• *Users: 4
  • *Guests: 21
  • *Total: 25

FlightSimExpo 2018

Author Topic: Dummy Oxygen Mask  (Read 1155 times)

Offline carlostxnl

• Forum GURU
  • Aviation Enthusiast
  • First Name: Carlos
  • Home Location: Usa
Dummy Oxygen Mask
« on: February 01, 2018, 12:45:58 PM »
Hello, I made this oxygen mask panels if someone is interested $200 1 pair  shipped in USA
2 sets aviable.
Thanks
See pics with the original as reference
Carlos

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 01:19:51 PM by carlostxnl »

Offline fordgt40

• I may as well be Staff!
  • Aviation Enthusiast
  • First Name: David John Bullock
  • Home Location: Chelmsford UK
Re: Dummy Oxygen Mask
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 01:10:56 PM »
Hi Carlos

What are the plan  dimensions

Thanks

David

Offline carlostxnl

• Forum GURU
  • Aviation Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 01:12:18 PM »
Hi Carlos

Thanks

David
Hello David is same as the real one

Offline carlostxnl

• Forum GURU
  • Aviation Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 01:13:23 PM »
Hi Carlos

Thanks

David
Hello David is same as the real one

Here is a pic

Offline fordgt40

• Aviation Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2018, 01:40:02 PM »
Carlos

I do not know the size of the real one!! I have already build the side panel, hence my question

Regards

David

Offline carlostxnl

• Forum GURU
  • Aviation Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2018, 02:00:56 PM »
Carlos

I do not know the size of the real one!! I have already build the side panel, hence my question

Regards

David
20cmx12cm

Offline fordgt40

• Aviation Enthusiast
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2018, 02:48:25 PM »
Hi Carlos

Thanks, I will purchase one set and pay the extra postage to the Uk. I assume that Paypal is ok, as I would not wish to use any other form of payment having been relieved of my money by Navcom on this forum last year. I will PM you my personal email and home address.

Regards

David

Offline carlostxnl

• Forum GURU
  • Aviation Enthusiast
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2018, 03:48:29 PM »
Hi Carlos

Thanks, I will purchase one set and pay the extra postage to the Uk. I assume that Paypal is ok, as I would not wish to use any other form of payment having been relieved of my money by Navcom on this forum last year. I will PM you my personal email and home address.

Regards

David
Hello David I sent you an email, thanks
Regards
Carlos

Offline carlostxnl

• Forum GURU
  • Aviation Enthusiast
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2018, 03:51:26 PM »
Hi Carlos

Regards

David
Hello David I sent you an email, thanks
Regards
Carlos

THANKS, both sets are Sold. I will make some more in the next week or so if I'm not too busy working. Thanks!!!!
Regards Carlos

Offline jackpilot

• I am chained to this website!
  • 737-800 Sim-Avionics/Full Cockpit FDS + OEM P3D V4
  • First Name: Jack
  • Home Location: Montreal / Canada
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2018, 05:16:26 PM »
Anxiously waiting for David's report.. :D

Jack

Offline navymustang

• Simulation Engineer
  • Forum GURU
  • Building a 737-800 full scale cockpit
  • First Name: Jim
  • Home Location: Orlando, FL
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2018, 05:22:09 PM »
I'll post pictures after mine arrive and get installed.
Building a full scale 737-800 AATD for home use. Majority of hardware is from Sismo Solutions, software is Prosim under P3D. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors
Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

Offline fordgt40

• Aviation Enthusiast
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2018, 05:23:20 PM »
Jack

I do not mind being a guinea pig on this one. At least this time I should get something to review :)

David

Offline carlostxnl

• Forum GURU
  • Aviation Enthusiast
Dummy Oxygen Mask
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2018, 05:54:26 PM »
Just so you guys know a little bit of myself , I don't do this for a living. I'm also a cockpit bulider located in Magnolia TX. I'm an HVAC contractor. Is what I do for living, you might remember Mike Levy, he is a 737 pilot and friend of mine. I won't request any money if the product hasn't been made. Here are some pics of my stuff. ( Big mess ???? cause I have a small room). Any questions please feel free to contact me. I will be using this email.    simpartsusa@gmail.com

Regards

« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 07:19:35 AM by carlostxnl »

Offline blueskydriver

• I am chained to this website!
  • FSX/FS9 PM, PMDG737-700, FDSMIP/Overhead.etc
  • First Name: John
  • Home Location: WI
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2018, 08:36:38 AM »
Hi Carlos,

Good to see your work on here! Are all your CNC machines mechanical router cutters or do you have laser cutters? How long have you been toying with CNC and since your day job is HVAC, how did you get into doing this?

How is Mike doing? He hasn't posted for a while, but I would love too have him back in the fold again; he has a wealth of information in his head. Plus, he understands programming along with I/O hardware, and that is a rare combination to have...an active B737 Pilot with development skills.

Please tell him I said "Hello and for him to check in with all his ole' buddies here on the CB site".

Best Regards,

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Offline carlostxnl

• Forum GURU
  • Aviation Enthusiast
Dummy Oxygen Mask
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2018, 07:25:27 AM »
Hi Carlos,

Good to see your work on here! Are all your CNC machines mechanical router cutters or do you have laser cutters? How long have you been toying with CNC and since your day job is HVAC, how did you get into doing this?

How is Mike doing? He hasn't posted for a while, but I would love too have him back in the fold again; he has a wealth of information in his head. Plus, he understands programming along with I/O hardware, and that is a rare combination to have...an active B737 Pilot with development skills.

Please tell him I said "Hello and for him to check in with all his ole' buddies here on the CB site".

Best Regards,

John
Hello John, I have a laser machine which I only use to engrave, still learning and I have 2 CNC machines also still learning, Since I was little I always like planes but unfortunately back then I didn’t have the opportunity to do it, so in winter time which is a slow season for me because I’m in Texas and since is not very cold I have time to learn and play with all this toys. been playing with this machines for about 2 yrs.I’d always like to do stuff with the machines is fun. A lot of the stuff you see in my sim I bought it from Mike. He lives no to far from me.The mip, the overhead, the glareshield I made it in the cnc and laser .  He wants to go back to building. I told him that when ever he wants to use the machines he welcome to do it. I talk to him once in a while. He told me he was working on the programming for his build. I will let him know, and invite him to join the forum again.

Best regards
Carlos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline navymustang

• Simulation Engineer
  • Forum GURU
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2018, 09:09:10 PM »
I am so pleased to share the installation of the new Oxygen Mask panels provided by Carlos. They arrived late this afternoon and I have the Captains side installed already.
Perfect fit, true to the OEM dimensions. And it includes a test switch (which I have not hooked up yet). The construction is excellent, and very realistic. The picture with the post shows how nice it looks.
Bear in mind I have a custom built interior sidewall that is not exactly like a 737-800 NG, but very close. So the panel is in an odd place compared to the actual aircraft.
I highly recommend this product when Carlos makes another batch. Carlos - the only thing I would ask is that you provide a cut-out template to lay down on the shelf since you have a number of screws, bolt heads and switch that need holes cut for them prior to mounting.
Building a full scale 737-800 AATD for home use. Majority of hardware is from Sismo Solutions, software is Prosim under P3D. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors
Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

Offline carlostxnl

• Forum GURU
  • Aviation Enthusiast
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2018, 09:39:09 PM »
I am so pleased to share the installation of the new Oxygen Mask panels provided by Carlos. They arrived late this afternoon and I have the Captains side installed already.
Perfect fit, true to the OEM dimensions. And it includes a test switch (which I have not hooked up yet). The construction is excellent, and very realistic. The picture with the post shows how nice it looks.
Bear in mind I have a custom built interior sidewall that is not exactly like a 737-800 NG, but very close. So the panel is in an odd place compared to the actual aircraft.
I highly recommend this product when Carlos makes another batch. Carlos - the only thing I would ask is that you provide a cut-out template to lay down on the shelf since you have a number of screws, bolt heads and switch that need holes cut for them prior to mounting.
Hello Jim. Thanks for the review and I'm glad you like it. I will definitely work in  the template . by the way I made this small panels for the flyengravity if some one is interested I made this for myself since I couldn't find one to fit. Red button will be replaced to black.

Thank you guys

Offline carlostxnl

• Forum GURU
  • Aviation Enthusiast
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2018, 10:04:08 PM »
Forgot to mention Jim . The back plate maybe can  be used as template. See the pics as reference. There is not glue. The parts fit perfectly they just snap in. If you remove the nuts on the back and push the screw it will pop out the cover same thing in the other side. And the switch. I hope this helps. Is very easy to do and it will make the installation easier on the next one.

Offline FredK

• Forum GURU
  • 737NG Cockpit Builder
  • First Name: Fred Kurasiewicz
  • Home Location: Williamsburg, Virginia, USA
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2018, 09:08:21 AM »

Jim - Very nice work on the custom fabrication of the side panels.  How did you go about doing that?  Impressive!  Perhaps I missed something in a previous post?

Carlos - Nice work on the oxygen panels!

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.1, Sim-Avionics, WideView multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

Offline carlostxnl

• Forum GURU
  • Aviation Enthusiast
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2018, 09:59:44 AM »

Jim - Very nice work on the custom fabrication of the side panels.  How did you go about doing that?  Impressive!  Perhaps I missed something in a previous post?

Carlos - Nice work on the oxygen panels!

Fred K
Thanks Fred!!

Offline navymustang

• Simulation Engineer
  • Forum GURU
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2018, 11:23:27 AM »
Fred - my sim main platform is a refurbished 737-300. The original sim was  built by Thales and it was used as a training device for a decade before it was put on the market as surplus. I converted it to an NG over the last three years.
The side panels had to be rebuilt but were structurally still good enough to just fix fiberglass parts and repaint.
Can't take any credit for the design  :)

Offline navymustang

• Simulation Engineer
  • Forum GURU
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2018, 03:33:00 PM »
Tried removing the screws. They had been cut to just 1/16th inch or so above the nut (prior to delivery). And when I turn the nut it starts to loosen, then the whole shaft turns. I could cut the nuts off, but not sure how I could put new bolts back in the panel again.

Offline carlostxnl

• Forum GURU
  • Aviation Enthusiast
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2018, 07:50:10 AM »
Tried removing the screws. They had been cut to just 1/16th inch or so above the nut (prior to delivery). And when I turn the nut it starts to loosen, then the whole shaft turns. I could cut the nuts off, but not sure how I could put new bolts back in the panel again.
The grey part that cover the screws can be removed. To use a flat screwdriver. I emailed you. Let me know

Offline carlostxnl

• Forum GURU
  • Aviation Enthusiast
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2018, 08:32:56 AM »
The grey part that cover the screws can be removed. To use a flat screwdriver. I emailed you. Let me know

Jim, remove the gray block that cover the screws, then you will be able to use a screwdriver. Let me know
Regards

Offline fordgt40

• Aviation Enthusiast
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2018, 05:22:41 AM »
Carlos

Just received the panels (neither USPS or the UK equivalent won any prizes for speed!). I am absolutely delighted with the quality and realism - well done. I agree with Jim that a template for locating the necessary recesses/holes in the side panels would be a useful addition.
I certainly recommend the product and Carlos!

Regards

David

COUNTDOWN TO WF2018

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent Posts

FDS Shell and MIP for 737NG.
by XOrionFE
[Today at 10:38:00 PM]
USB speakers
by jackpilot
[Today at 09:44:37 PM]
Room Size
by jmlohrenz
[Today at 09:16:34 PM]
Looking for Real Boeing 737 TQ Buy/Trade...
by blueskydriver
[Today at 07:35:42 PM]
Join me on Vatsim Tonight
by Trevor Hale
[Today at 06:37:24 PM]
Wanted: Real Boeing 737 TQ
by iwik
[Today at 06:16:57 PM]
Disassembling Wemac Vents
by mickc
[Today at 05:21:32 PM]
Hardware Questions
by jmlohrenz
[Today at 10:33:00 AM]
Looking for Korry Indicators
by 737NGer
[Today at 07:20:12 AM]
Help please gents in the disassembling of my 737 TQ.
by mickc
[Today at 05:11:18 AM]
LUA script - error loading module 'socket'
by Trevor Hale
[February 23, 2018, 09:19:49 PM]
737-300 Sim update before the big upgrades
by jackpilot
[February 23, 2018, 06:01:12 PM]
Visuals upgrade - inspiration needed
by Joe Lavery
[February 23, 2018, 04:05:25 PM]
PCFlights Panels Feedback
by Nolatron
[February 23, 2018, 02:32:19 PM]
Joaquin's KBOS Scenery
by Sam Llorca
[February 23, 2018, 06:01:19 AM]
Pressurization Panel 737
by kurt-olsson
[February 23, 2018, 02:14:03 AM]
What have you done for your simulator today?
by RayS
[February 23, 2018, 01:32:48 AM]
Dummy Oxygen Mask
by carlostxnl
[February 22, 2018, 07:44:04 AM]
8th Year Anniversary!
by jackpilot
[February 22, 2018, 07:41:14 AM]
Smallest width of a MIP base
by Bob Reed
[February 21, 2018, 04:42:13 PM]
Projectors or 4K Monitors?