Worldflight TEAM USA > (2014) Cockpitbuilders Worldflight Team USA

Headsets

<< < (2/3) > >>

Bob Reed:
Hey Fred. I think we have a tendency to run the AC noises too high in the cockpit. The engines are a ways from the cockpit and facing the opposite way. We will be running the volumes a little lower this year.

RayS:
If the use of Sam's headset intercom box doesn't change significantly, we'll be able to control the headset volume/sound a little better. I have ulterior motives though...

Last year, we couldn't get video that included both the jet ambient noises and pilot/ATC intercommunication.  This year I hope to use a 10-channel mixer along with a specialized audio cable that will allow  mixing of any sound we can plug into it and feed to to anywhere we want.

End-effect being we'll hear everything.. ATC, Pilot Comms, and jet, in whatever we decide to feed the signal to.

Sam Llorca:
If you guys need an extra headset you can bring your aviation headsets,  but I have 2 bose headsets, the big and smaller version. , also with this breakout boxes they installed any aviation headset can be plugged inor any other 1/4" input, or we can plug in Ray's mixer,  looking good so far, Cheers.

KyleH:
Ok, sounds good Sam. I'll bring along my own DC then.

RayS:

--- Quote ---Which raises an interesting question.....Does anyone know how to gauge what the accurate cockpit volume should be in the cockpit

--- End quote ---

For me it's when the neighbors start complaining about living too close to an airport.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version