CockpitBuilders.com - Main > Builders Discussions

A Must read for all Builders!

(1/5) > >>

Trevor Hale:
Gents,

As this may be a review for most of you, I feel that I must place the content here for all the new builders to see. 

One of the biggest questions when it comes to people starting in this hobby is "Where do I Begin?"  Or "How do I Start?"  Well there is no simple answer to this question, and as much as forums can provide answers to issues you run into as you go along your cockpit building journey, it is hard to put the cart before the horse and get answers to your questions when you may not even know what the question is. 

Taking all that information in, I just think that the best step is to steer any newcommers into this hobby in the right direction and suggest one of the MOST important tools you can have in your home cockpit is this!

Building Recreational Flight Simulators (By Mike Powell)

Please make the effort and get your hands on this Book!  By reading through it, you will be able to better understand the concept of "the Home Cockpit Experience" and you will be getting your hands on years of research from one simple easy to read Library.

Mike is a fantastic contributor to this community and if it wasn't for his help, we would all be a lot further behind in our projects then we are now.

CLICK HERE FOR A SAMPLE OF HIS WORK

Best regards,

Trev

Bob Reed:
I too have Mike's book and all I can say is wow. You realy need this in your library! Ordering his old one next!

geneb:
For those that are going to build the stick gimbal project in the free chapter, I've put together a set of printable templates that you can use to cut out the parts:

http://www.geneb.org/brfs/gimbal_templates.zip

The zip file has PDF files that will print full size to a standard 8.5"x11" sheet of paper.

g.

Bob Reed:

--- Quote from: geneb on September 17, 2009, 11:32:42 PM ---For those that are going to build the stick gimbal project in the free chapter, I've put together a set of printable templates that you can use to cut out the parts:

http://www.geneb.org/brfs/gimbal_templates.zip

The zip file has PDF files that will print full size to a standard 8.5"x11" sheet of paper.

g.

--- End quote ---

Hello Gene and welcome. I just want to say thank you for this! Please feel free to post anything you like and please use our news forum to post news about your DYI cockpit!

geneb:
Thanks for the welcome, Bob. 

There isn't much news to post about the DIY pit series right now, although I did get it all painted up. :)

I'm currently in the process of finishing off the design for my variation on the throttle quadrant presented in BRFS.  Mine will be a bit smaller and a little wider.  When I'm done with it and if Mike okays it, I'll post the drawings up for it.

g.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version