Cockpit

* User Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Who's Online

• *Users: 0
  • *Guests: 48
  • *Total: 48

Our Discord

Author Topic: SOLD! Two Cockpits For Sale  (Read 6810 times)

Offline blueskydriver

• I am chained to this website!
  • FSX/FS9 PM, PMDG737-700, FDSMIP/Overhead.etc
  • First Name: John
  • Home Location: WI
SOLD!
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2018, 10:59:29 PM »
Hey Everyone,

Cockpit B has been sold and picked up. Cockpit A is still available for the sale price. I am still on the fence about the B727, but if someone is really interested in buying it send me a PM

John
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 12:54:16 PM by blueskydriver »
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Offline blueskydriver

Re: Cockpits, INCOME TAX SEASON SALE!
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2018, 06:16:39 PM »
Update:

Along with the Cockpit B, the PFC Yoke and Pedal units, the Throttle Assembly seen in the pics, as well as the Blue Weber seats have been sold.

I still have the Cockpit B (real one), the older seats, and some new other items for sale. I will try to post the new item pics tonight...

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Offline blueskydriver

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2018, 03:20:06 AM »
Hey Everyone,

I am dropping the price for the B727-200 to $4,200 for the Income Tax Season Sale! So, here is your big chance to get a real full size cockpit...

Additionally, plan is to reinstall all the panels and take some new pics to show everything together. There are no gauges or seats, but the rest is intact, as well as there is a post 9-11 door...

John

Offline blueskydriver

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2018, 08:05:46 PM »
-Bump-

Just a reminder, I am selling the B727-200 for sure (I know Scott, it's crazy of me), so if someone is really looking for OEM/real cockpit, here is a huge chance for you too buy one cheap!

Plus, let me say this delicately, going B737NG is great, but after a while you're just watching computer screens; whereas, the B737 Classics and B727-200 follow the old school "scan the gauges flying". Maybe, that explains the reason for some builders' going retro and doing the gauge cockpits...then again, interfacing the real gauges is much easier with guys like Rob, Scott and friends showing us how it's done.

No disrespect to the NG because I have one...

Anyway, if you're interested PM me. And, regarding transportion, that could be made easy...

John

Offline blueskydriver

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2018, 08:47:29 PM »
Hi Everyone,

Okay, there's 6 days before tax season is over and I still have both cockpits available for sale. So, I will now accept the best reasonable offers for each one or both together. Thus, here is the biggest chance in this hobby to get a real cockpit(s) for a very low price.

Also, I am now willing to accept PayPal for these cockpits. If you got some funds built up looking for a place to go, just send me a PM...

John

Offline blueskydriver

« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2018, 01:42:51 AM »
Hey Everyone,

Income Tax season is over and done with; however, I will keep the sale prices going since some of you might still be waiting for the refund check to land in your mailbox or checking account...lol! So, if you're interested in either the B727-200 or the B737 shell with liners, they're still available.

Plus, this past Wednesday looks like the official last day of snow...12 inches in that one day!...therefore, the weather will be on par for transporting either cockpit. I mentioned using me and my trailer which is still doable (upon agreed terms), so what more can I say?

I'll say this "Cockpit(s) for sale at a low price, with transportation help, and the weather is finally on our side. Don't let this chance slip away to where someone else beats you to it; especially, if you've been on the fence about buying one".

Best Regards,

John

Offline blueskydriver

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2018, 06:38:56 AM »
Hey Everyone,

I am going to make a great combination pricing for the Cockpit with liners and the cockpit seats that are in my other ad...Yep, here it goes:

For $1,000, I will sell you the real cockpit shell (B737 without the floor) and the cockpit seats!

Yes, it read that right...$1,000 gets you the cockpit with liners and the seats!

Mind you, I was only already selling the cockpit for $1,000 and the seats at $500, but now if you buy the cockpit you get the seats for free...yes...free!

Thus, if you're the builder who does not have a lot of funds available, this is your chance too get these items very cheap and I mean cheap, cheap cheap, echo echo echo...PM me if interested.

John

Note: I will accept PayPal. Also, you must pickup or have someone transport it for you; although, if you need assistance, we could possibly workout something.

Offline blueskydriver

Updated Ad...
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2018, 10:37:59 PM »
Hey Everyone,

I still have the Cockpit "A" from the very beginning of this thread for sale. Price is $1,000 and I am throwing in the older cockpit seats.

To Clarify, Cockpit A is just the shell, the interior liners (side walls, eye brows and ceiling) and the 1/2 ray dome. This cockpit has no floor. And, it does not include the MIP, Overhead, Pedestal, IPECO Seats or anything else except the shell, the interior liners, the ray dome and the older seats I described earlier.

Next, the B727-200, that is still for sale at $4,000. I posted pics just recently. It does not have any gauges or seats. Also, if you have any questions or concerns about transporting this cockpit, please PM me.

If you have any other questions or comments regarding these items for sale, I would prefer you PM me please...

Thank you,

John
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 10:47:44 PM by blueskydriver »

Offline blueskydriver

Re: Two Cockpits For Sale
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2018, 10:51:12 PM »
Moved Pics:
(will take more pics soon)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 11:00:20 PM by blueskydriver »

Offline blueskydriver

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2018, 03:03:39 AM »
Here are some more pics with all the panels in place...

I am posting in batches of 10 due to disconnects during uploading of larger files. Therefore, I made all the file sizes much smaller and they should download much faster; however, that is why I posted more to show all the areas for detail.

John

Pics 1-10
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 03:12:28 AM by blueskydriver »

Offline blueskydriver

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2018, 03:05:11 AM »
Pics 11-20
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 03:12:58 AM by blueskydriver »

Offline blueskydriver

« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2018, 03:06:48 AM »
Pics 21-30
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 03:13:51 AM by blueskydriver »

Offline blueskydriver

« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2018, 03:08:18 AM »
Pics 31-40
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 03:17:36 AM by blueskydriver »

Offline blueskydriver

« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2018, 03:09:39 AM »
Pics 41-50
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 03:19:21 AM by blueskydriver »

Offline blueskydriver

« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2018, 03:21:12 AM »
Pics 51-58

Be sure to go up and look at all the other photos above this post...

John

Offline blueskydriver

« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2018, 02:30:06 PM »
Hooray! I've sold all 3 cockpits as of today!

Jason purchased the wooden one. A retired B727 pilot purchased all the interor items of the white one (more on this later), along with the older seats, and a retired B747 pilot purchased the grey one for a decoration. He did not buy the interor wall and ceiling panels or eyebrows, so I will be selling those separately (I will make a new ad for those items soon).

Now, I will have room to setup the FDS cockpit and get my sim back in the air...am I excited? HELL YEAH!

John

Offline kurt-olsson

• I spend way too much on this forum!
  • 737 -mixed year OEM panel builder.
  • First Name: Peter
  • Home Location: Gothenburg
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2018, 04:39:34 PM »
Great news John!

Offline iwik

• Forum GURU
  • GA Jockey
  • First Name: Les
  • Home Location: Christchurch New Zealand
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2018, 05:00:14 PM »
John.
Great news, perseverance surely pays off.
Les

Offline blueskydriver

Re: SOLD! Two Cockpits For Sale
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2018, 12:10:44 PM »
Thanks Guys!

John

Offline simlady/ Karen

• The wife of a sim nut..who is turning into a sim nut
  • Forum GURU
  • Aviation Enthusiast
  • First Name: Karen
  • Home Location: Wisconsin
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2018, 07:05:38 AM »
 :-*   and the wife has room for more Lego's... I better go tape out my area before John takes is all...  ;) ;D

Offline iwik

• Forum GURU
  • GA Jockey
  • First Name: Les
  • Home Location: Christchurch New Zealand
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2018, 01:15:18 PM »
Karen,
What happened to your jet cockpit? Has john convinced you lego is better.
Les

Offline Joe Lavery

• I may as well be Staff!
  • 737 Builder
  • First Name: Joseph
  • Home Location: Newport, UK
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2018, 01:34:31 PM »
I have to ask John...

What made you buy two cockpits and then an FDS one? Are you a millionaire, or just like the rest of us impulsive but crazy, also I imgine with a veerryyy!!! understanding wife?  ;D ;D ;D :) :)

regards
Joe
'Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain!'

www.pcpilot.net

Offline blueskydriver

« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2018, 03:56:25 PM »
Hi Les and Joe,

Les, to answer for Karen, she stills has the F16, put we wrapped it for now. At one time she was going to sell, but she decided to wait.

Joe, the easiest way to answer, it all happened by chance, plus the cockpits were not that costly. I had the first one (the grey nose one) in the garage and I used it for my first simulator. The B727-200 was something I had went for because of two older friends (both real GA pilots), who were interested in making it a team build; however, one passed away from Cancer pretty quick, and the other lost interest. So, I went back and forth with keeping or selling it, in the end I sold it.

The third cockpit, the wooden FBT from Northwest Airlines, belonged to two guys I knew in Madison, WI who built a simulator way early on and I actually went too see this sim before I even thought of doing my own. Anyway, they got out of the hobby a few years ago and wanted to sell it, but only had one weekend to do it. Thus, they called me and I helped them out, but I never put it back together enough to fly it; that one has been sold now as well.

As for going with the FDS nose section; well, let me say I reached the conclusion that I should've got the FDS one much sooner. In other words, I had a huge change of heart with real versus non-real...with real you'll spend a lot of wasted time on it. For example, getting your MIP into a B737 CL takes some doing or using an non-real Overhead in the real Overhead space can be tricky (these are just to name a few). Whereas, a non-real can be easily modified and is usually built around the other non-real items like how FDS does everything.

Consequently, I finally realized that even the airline companies do not use real shells for training simulators. We all know most sims of that caliber are just boxes on stilts per se, but on the inside it's real. Therefore, that is my main point in general, real has it's place like non-real does, and it all depends on the builder's long term plans.

That being said, my "new" long term plan is to get it real on the inside and stop worrying about it being real on the outside, which I barely saw anyway. Plus, I am thinking about the next phase...and what may that be?

Well, if I am downsizing to one non-real shell and knowingly, a non-real one is lighter, plus by just having one simulator means all my funds go into that single one. Which means I will be able to look at pricer items for it and one of those items will bring me up in life...

Here is a hint: just 3 letters...S A M

Best Regards,

John

Offline Joe Lavery

• I may as well be Staff!
  • 737 Builder
  • First Name: Joseph
  • Home Location: Newport, UK
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2018, 07:11:49 AM »
Thank you John, For a real insight to your build progress.

And your hint at the end, would be something in the form of 6 DOF perhaps  8)

I tend to agree with you regarding the shell, for me it is all about the inside, which is why I'm still working on new bits for mine before I put it back into operation.
In fact after your post about 3D printing the window handles, I've been looking at the CR-10 or the latest Ender 3; which is a lot cheaper. However I'm watching videos on YouTube to see what other users think of the different printers and the results they're getting.

One guy has founda way to print with practically no visible layers, by printing with a special Cura profile that prints slower, with a very small layer size of .05 or .08.
That will probably mean more to you John than me, I don't yet have a printer.  8)

The down side he says is that it can double the print time. Which may or may not be an issue, agan I don't have a printer.... YET!

Best regards
Joe.
'Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain!'

www.pcpilot.net

Offline blueskydriver

« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2018, 07:51:40 AM »
Hi Joe,

CR-10S all the way, we got 2 of them now! They're awesome and very easy to learn...

Yep, the layer height is everything...the lower the slower, but it looks much, much better.

PM me your email, I'll send you some info.

John

COUNTDOWN TO WF2018

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent Posts

Wanted: OEM gear lever 737
by peterkwu
[Today at 05:59:36 AM]
PM Mcp error log saying: failed to access thrust bin
by Pantu
[Today at 05:18:44 AM]
MCP Frame (what material should i use)
by kurt-olsson
[Today at 01:35:37 AM]
Wanted: Prosim License
by jmlohrenz
[August 19, 2018, 10:15:52 PM]
How do I get access to sell in the Personal Classifieds?
by Steenos
[August 19, 2018, 10:11:39 PM]
Memphis 727 Build
by skyline223
[August 19, 2018, 10:00:34 PM]
P3D v4 Multichannel, still an expert request for an optimal setting
by sisoffi
[August 19, 2018, 05:00:47 PM]
AYUDAAAA!!!!! CON WIDECLIENT
by FredK
[August 19, 2018, 04:41:22 PM]
737-800 Arduino X-Plane Build
by kurt-olsson
[August 19, 2018, 02:06:50 PM]
For Sale : Prosim 737 license, old price
by jmlohrenz
[August 19, 2018, 12:57:39 PM]
737 seat
by jackpilot
[August 18, 2018, 09:33:31 PM]
Beechcraft 1900 Yoke Angle
by RayS
[August 18, 2018, 06:14:09 PM]
mycockpit.org Gone?
by navymustang
[August 18, 2018, 03:37:09 PM]
NO HAN ENVIADO LA SERIAL KEY
by a320kH
[August 17, 2018, 06:15:56 PM]
Opencockpit IO cards
by Sampick
[August 17, 2018, 11:43:47 AM]
What have you done for your simulator today?
by blueskydriver
[August 17, 2018, 01:19:46 AM]
My project, 737 in the basement.
by Goteborg
[August 13, 2018, 06:01:37 AM]
My 737 Desktop Cockpit
by Nolatron
[August 11, 2018, 11:32:17 PM]
Monitor setup - mixing screen sizes
by mdavenport
[August 11, 2018, 06:37:18 PM]
Wanted! Real Boeing 737 TQ
by Philip
[August 11, 2018, 01:23:21 PM]
Mickey's Flightdeck - A Boeing 737-800 Cockpit on Youtube
by Extraterra
[August 10, 2018, 06:27:19 PM]
Boeing light gray paint color
by bernard S
[August 10, 2018, 12:05:45 PM]
727 Builder Intro
by skyline223
[August 10, 2018, 10:52:43 AM]
Move Project Magenta From FSX to P3D Full cockpit
by ScottThePilot
[August 09, 2018, 12:54:14 AM]
The eagle has landed
by simlady/ Karen
[August 08, 2018, 09:08:18 PM]
Need Information on World Flight 2018
by simlady/ Karen
[August 08, 2018, 09:05:36 PM]
Honeywell OEM Overhead Toggle Switch Caps - Replacement Instructions & Part Nos.
by mickc
[August 08, 2018, 03:25:09 AM]
Wanted Pair of Headrests of this type!
by mgovernali
[August 06, 2018, 03:58:03 PM]
FOR SALE - Precision Flight Controls Cirrus II and Remote Instrument Console USB
by XOrionFE
[August 06, 2018, 12:17:59 PM]
737 Overhead and Flaps Gauges For Sale
by navymustang
[August 06, 2018, 10:11:05 AM]