Project Magenta - Unofficial > Boeing Software - Discussion

Aircraft config and question

(1/14) > >>

Patt737:
Hello

Since our passage under P3D (so PM autopilot) we notice an oscillation of the plane in Roll, only when descending on the glide.

We do not know how to solve this problem.

1) What kind of flying model could we try ?

Do you think it's possible to try PMDG 738 ?
We bought PMDG

2) In PM's aircraft config, there is this line:
Can you tell me how to use it?
What is it useful for?

roll_stability         = 1.088  // 1.16 change it according to your hardware

Thank you for your help and your answers.

Patt.

Trevor Hale:

--- Quote from: Patt737 on February 06, 2018, 01:53:08 PM ---Since our passage under P3D (so PM autopilot) we notice an oscillation of the plane in Roll, only when descending on the glide.

--- End quote ---

I fixed this by turning the "PMautopilot=off" that was project magenta and MCP us the built in flightsim autopilot and it seems to be more stable.  I have no oscillations.

--- Quote ---
1) What kind of flying model could we try ?

--- End quote ---

Hard to say, try different ones, but you will need to strip all the panels out remember as most will interfere with the PM software.  Many years ago, when I had a 737 I used the PMDG, I don't know if you still can though.

Do you think it's possible to try PMDG 738 ?
We bought PMDG

--- Quote ---
2) In PM's aircraft config, there is this line:
Can you tell me how to use it?
What is it useful for?

roll_stability         = 1.088  // 1.16 change it according to your hardware

Thank you for your help and your answers.

Patt.

--- End quote ---

See here.... CLICK

Described as.... " Stability parameters The pitch, roll and yaw parameters are multipliers on the default stability (damping effect) about the corresponding axis of the airplane. For example, a value of 1.1 increases the damping by 10%. Likewise, a value of 0.9 decreases the damping by 10%. A negative number results in an unstable characteristic about the axis. A positive damping effect is simply a moment in the direction opposite of the rotational velocity. Omission of a parameter will result in the default value of 1.0."
roll_Stability = 1.0 would mean that its a stable aircraft  1.16 would be a 16% increase in stability .80 would be a 20% decrease in stability.

Trev

Patt737:
Super fast response.  :) :)
Thank you .
I will study all this.
Patt

jackpilot:
All airplanes have a tendency by design to revert to their original position when thrown in another one,
Start a 20 deg roll to the left, bring back the yoke to neutral and the airplane maintains a bank until you turn the yoke to the right to cancel the roll.

In reality the aircraft tends to slowly revert to a wing level position.

BUT in FS this is often exagerated and you constantly have to use yoke inputs to the left to maintain your 20 deg bank.
This is where Roll_stability= xx comes into play

The higher the number, the better the airplane will maintain a steady roll attitude. Too much is no good, you have to try and test to your liking.

Patt737:

Hello,

Thank you for your answers.

Ok for the PM autopilot on off.

I fixed this by turning the "PMautopilot=off" that was project magenta and MCP us the built in flightsim autopilot and it seems to be more stable.  I have no oscillations.

But where can you find another autopilot ?

We are under p3d and no autopilot for the 738.

Can we install another autopilot for 738 if yes:

Or download it ?

Patt.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version