CockpitBuilders.com - Main > New Here..? Introduce yourself!

INTRODUCTION

(1/3) > >>

twkster:
Hello All!

I just joined the group and am introducing myself as per SOP :)

I am a professional pilot and am nearing retirement age, but going down kicking LOL.

I have been flying since 1975, have an Air Force background (C-141)(early 1980's) and entered an Airline Career in 1984, initially as a Pro Engineer on DC-8s, then in 1987 became a pilot on the B727 and in 1989 transitioned to the B747 Classic.

In 1995 due to many factors (mostly raising children) I resigned from the airline. In 2000 I began working for a major TRTO in DFW as a Simulator Instructor and Examiner. Then in 2008 I returned to full time flying and managing for a start up charter airline in Macau, China. I am still working in Asia and have been flying business jets for the last 10 years (Falcon 2000 and Citation Sovereign)

I have been simming since FS came on a 360K floppy disk :)
I currently am a devoted X-Plane user and the Flight Model Tuner for the Zibo Mod 737-800X.

I just began a cockpit build in ernest. I have put this off for some time, while away from my Texas home the last 10 years. I am doing the 737-800 and starting with the MIP and a Visual Projection system. The plan calls for a 5 stage development.

Like many pilots, whether it is simulation or logging real time, I never tire of flying. Simulation is a great pass time and hobby, even for those who fly for a living.

I look forward to chatting with many of you as the project develops!

Cheers

Flying_Fox:
Welcome Tim! You will find lots of help here!

Nick

jmlohrenz:
Welcome to the group.  Lots of great information here to help you with your build!

navymustang:
if you decide to switch over and build a 747, I have everything thing you will need to build a cockpit. PM for details.
Jim

bernard S:
same here   but only real stuff ..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version