Cockpit

* User Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Who's Online

• *Users: 1
  • *Guests: 67
  • *Total: 68

Our Discord

Author Topic: Complete 737-800 cockpit - moving sale  (Read 3231 times)

Offline navymustang

• Simulation Engineer
  • I may as well be Staff!
  • Building a 737-800 full scale cockpit
  • First Name: Jim
  • Home Location: KMCO
Complete 737-800 cockpit - moving sale
« on: January 01, 2019, 11:01:21 AM »
For over 4 years I had such fun building/refurbishing my 737-800 cockpit. But I am moving to a smaller house as I retire without the space to set up my sim. I am letting it go for an incredible price of $55,000. Please note that this is only for the cockpit and does not include the visual screen / projectors or the computer rack system that drives the cockpit. I would let these go also but would need to charge full price since I will be building a much smaller sim and need these items at my new location. The cockpit itself is valued at over $150,000.
The cockpit major components are a refurbished 737-300 simulator built by one of the major well know simulator companies. It was used by the airlines for many years until I obtained it. The cockpit is a complete replica of the instruments and avionics of the 737 and built around the Sismo suite of hardware. It is Prosim based with P3D on the computers (2 computers only). There is no custom software, drivers or scripts required to run the device. The device is on a military grade frame assembly that is on rollers. I have moved it twice using a car carrier toe truck where they lower the bed and winch it up.
It includes  full linked yokes and rudders, fully adjustable rudder fore and aft travel, real IPECO seats (J-rails), a real TQ mechanized by Northern Flight Sim with my custom electronics package, full working toe breaks, and a thousand more items I can tell you about in a PM. The roof assembly is removable so that it can clear a garage door. The unit weighs about 2,000 lbs.
There are a minor set of things that need repair. I estimate repair cost at under $500 or DYI for much lower. The CAPT side includes a real OEM HUD that is only partially functional.
I am willing to trade for either a boat or RV. But please, not a trade for the $55k value but a trade more closely to the appraised value.
I am not willing to part it out, Please PM me for additional pictures and details. Located in Orlando FL.
Building a full scale 737-800 AATD for home use. Majority of hardware is from Sismo Solutions, software is Prosim under P3D. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors
Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

Offline bernard S

• Aviation Enthusiast
  • First Name: Bernard
  • Home Location: Austin TX
Re: Complete 737-800 cockpit - moving sale
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 11:29:09 AM »
floor to ceiling height please

Offline navymustang

• Simulation Engineer
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 01:15:59 PM »
The platform is 110" x 90"  (width is 110)
Platform is 21" above floor
Total cockpit height is 98" (floor to ceiling, or top of sim that is)
Cockpit height without roof is 74"

My garage workshop has a ceiling height of 117"
Building a full scale 737-800 AATD for home use. Majority of hardware is from Sismo Solutions, software is Prosim under P3D. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors
Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

Offline bernard S

• Aviation Enthusiast
  • First Name: Bernard
  • Home Location: Austin TX
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 11:07:13 AM »
really miffed as it will not fit ... 😣😣😣😣😣

Offline dvst8r

• Forum GURU
  • Aviation Enthusiast
  • First Name: Marv
  • Home Location: Orlando, Florida
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 10:58:58 AM »
Having seen this sim in person a few times,  I can say it is A+

Offline navymustang

• Simulation Engineer
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2019, 11:07:28 AM »
Thanks to everyone for the positive comments. Now - someone make me an offer  :)

Offline navymustang

• Simulation Engineer
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2019, 12:50:48 PM »
Getting closer to my moving day and I am dropping the price of the cockpit assembly of this simulator to $49k (or make me an offer). So many features, probably one of the best cockpits you will find. All metal construction with fiberglass shell.

Offline navymustang

• Simulation Engineer
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2019, 09:38:45 AM »
I'm dropping the price to $48,000 in order to move the sim. Please PM me for additional information or pictures.  Again as a reminder, this price is for the sim shell and contents only. It does not include the visual system or supporting computers.
The CAPT side HUD (or HGS) has been removed and I am installing the normal overhead liner panel.

Offline Trevor Hale

• Administrator
  • I am chained to this website!
    • Cockpitbuilders.com
  • First Name: Trevor
  • Home Location: New Liskeard, Ontario
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2019, 09:03:02 PM »
Wana Trade for a King Air?  LMFAO....
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Offline navymustang

• Simulation Engineer
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2019, 09:09:12 PM »
Ha - the goal is to empty the hanger, not fill it up again  :)

Offline Trevor Hale

• Administrator
    • Cockpitbuilders.com
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2019, 11:10:21 AM »
Copy That LOL....  Doesn't hurt to try :)
Trevor Hale

Owner

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA

VATSIM:

Offline navymustang

• Simulation Engineer
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2019, 10:28:01 AM »
Fire sale - I need to move so the cockpit (only) is now selling for $40,000.  You simply will never find a deal like this anywhere.

PM me with all offers.

Offline jskibo

• I spend way too much on this forum!
  • Going Broke, one sim part at a time
  • First Name: John
  • Home Location: Florence Kentucky
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2019, 02:25:50 PM »
How much for the MCP?

...just kidding.  Good Luck with the sale!
John

Commodore C64 / Dual 5 1/4 Floppy / Green Monochrome monitor / Sub Logic Flight Sim / FDS MIP / CDU / CPFlight EFIS MCP

Offline Ed

• Forum GURU
  • Aviation Enthusiast
    • My 737NGX800 Homebuilt Cockpit
  • First Name: Edwin
  • Home Location: Marathon, Ontario, Canada
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2019, 08:01:22 AM »
Worth every penny for 40K. If I wasn't so far into mine I'd jump on that Jim.
Ed
FSX-SE,P3D4,W10-I7@4.8,W7-i7 920 ,W10-Dual Core@2.66.,FSUIPC 4 + 5,WideFS.Prosim737,JSV2,ASN, ,Vpilot,GSX,Pro-ATC/X,RAAS Pro,UT2,PFPX,TopCat,Accu-Feel
http://www.737ngxca.com/

Offline navymustang

• Simulation Engineer
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2019, 09:33:59 AM »
Final sale - dropping the price of the cockpit assembly down to $35k. This sale will only last for one week then I start tearing the sim down and selling the parts. The cockpit must be picked up over the next two weeks. PM me for cockpit details.

Offline Mach7

• Forum GURU
  • Aviation Enthusiast
  • First Name: james
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2019, 09:50:10 AM »
Hello Navymustang,

I have reached out a couple of places to see if anyone would be interested in your pit. Namely a relative in MLB who is close to your location. Problem is he does not have the dimensions to house such a project.

Have you considered placing it in storage for the time being?

Your sim is such an achievement that I truly believe you will get top dollar if you have the time to wait for the right buyer.

Flight schools, trade a plane, etc etc to name a few.

I will keep my ear ear to the ground and see if I can generate any interest.

I may be in a similar situation when I decide to sell my house, my plan is to include it in the asking price or place it in storage until I can sell it.

all the best

-Jim

Offline navymustang

• Simulation Engineer
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2019, 10:12:40 AM »
Jim - thanks for the kind comments. It's all about trade offs of storage fees and moving cost.  It will be approximately $500 just to hire the truck to move it along with paying a couple of guys to support the move. Plus I really would like to move on to my next project which will be a sci-fi helicopter (SA-2 Samson from Avatar).  Plus I need to tear it down and folks usually like to see the sim running before purchase, which I will no longer be able to support.

Offline blueskydriver

• FSX/FS9 PM, PMDG737-700, FDSMIP/Overhead.etc
  • Home Location: WI
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2019, 03:06:43 PM »
Hey Jim,

I can store and help you sell it for free, just pack it in a large UHaul truck, then Karen and I will come get it. She can drive the biggest trucks already!

Of course I live in Wisconsin and it’ll likely cost $1k for the truck one-way and another $500 for fuel, so there is no real cheap way of keeping your simulator until it’s sold.

Oh, have you also posted it on Craigslist, Barn Stormmers and eBay? I was surprised by this, but I sold 1 cockpit and the fire truck simulator on Craigslist. Thus, try all avenues for selling it... :idiot:

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Offline navymustang

• Simulation Engineer
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2019, 03:19:11 PM »
Haven't tried the list yet. Great idea, but wow- who would be building a cockpit and not be a member here also?

Thanks

Offline Trevor Hale

• Administrator
    • Cockpitbuilders.com
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2019, 11:31:33 AM »
Jim, you would be surprised at the number of people that are unaware we (this site) exist.
Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA

VATSIM:

Offline n4208t

• Forum GURU
  • Aviation Enthusiast
  • First Name: Steve
  • Home Location: Eagan, MN
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2019, 12:21:04 PM »
Jim,

If you are unable to keep the sim whole and functional for a prospective buyer, at least do a detailed video of the current setup showcasing the hardware, software, and functionality.  Given your background, assuring them you will help them (virtually) set up the sim will also be helpful to a prospective customer.

Offline navymustang

• Simulation Engineer
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2019, 01:31:38 PM »
Thanks guys for the replys. I will certainly make a video and post it after FSExpo.

Maybe it will sell at the show.

Offline blueskydriver

• FSX/FS9 PM, PMDG737-700, FDSMIP/Overhead.etc
  • Home Location: WI
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2019, 02:29:56 PM »
Hey Jim,

Besides the aforementioned ways of selling it, you could get on YouTube and look for some home cockpit builders' videos, then ask the owners if they'd mind that you post a link back to this thread to help sell it?

Why? Just about every other question in the YouTube comments of such videos are; where can I get one, how much is one and so on? Of course most are just curious viewers; however, it's the few with the means too buy your sim that also watch these videos you want to reach... :idiot:

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Offline 757Simulator

• Forum GURU
  • Aviation Enthusiast
    • Fantasy of Flight
  • First Name: Mike
  • Home Location: Fort Mitchell, Kentucky
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2019, 05:04:34 AM »
I wish you the best of luck but sadly you'll probably be lucky to redeem 8-10% of your initial investment. Why? Because none of it is certified by the FAA to do anything. The entire apparatus must be certified in its entirety to to make it a worth while investment for schools, etc.

We are a unique breed and the average casual buyer does not possess the knowledge, networking skills, programming, etc. etc. to justify the cost. I hope I'm wrong because you have one helluva setup!!!

Offline FredK

• 737NG Cockpit Builder
  • First Name: Fred Kurasiewicz
  • Home Location: Williamsburg, Virginia, USA
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2019, 02:04:16 PM »
Regarding the market for full-size cockpits........

The point made on ruling out a training school as a buyer (regarding certifications) is a valid point.

So that leaves only the "hobbyist".  But the reality is that there are only a few of us who are crazy enough to make this kind of investment in a full-size cockpit, given the constraints of money, time, and space etc.  And for many of those who are interested (like myself) the quest and satisfaction of building the thing themselves is half the attraction.  So that does not leave a very big market.....as we are presently witnessing with Jim's project.

....but this really is nothing new and is no surprise.  We have witnessed it all before.

That said, patience is the key, but it may take a couple of years to find a buyer.

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.3, Sim-Avionics, WideView multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

COUNTDOWN TO WF2019

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent Posts

X-Plane 11 multi-monitor & Fly Elise-ng - tuto
by blueskydriver
[July 20, 2019, 05:33:45 AM]
FOR SALE: CA & FO Cockpit Seats with J Rails
by Philip
[July 19, 2019, 04:23:24 PM]
For sale
by TNT
[July 18, 2019, 07:57:29 PM]
For Sale: Dual Linked Rudder Pedals RSP
by Philip
[July 17, 2019, 06:47:22 PM]
737-800 Arduino X-Plane Build
by kurt-olsson
[July 17, 2019, 02:55:53 PM]
Boeing 737 Dual Linked Yokes
by tennyson
[July 16, 2019, 08:59:28 PM]
Flyengravity desktop MIP (SOLD)
by patiju
[July 16, 2019, 02:01:48 PM]
Flight deck solutions FDS-B737NG-PRO-MX- rudder pedal
by Mach7
[July 16, 2019, 04:52:26 AM]
Korry 318 gets hot.
by Joe Lavery
[July 16, 2019, 03:49:14 AM]
What have you done for your simulator today?
by blueskydriver
[July 14, 2019, 10:25:43 AM]
Where to find or how to make this switch guard?
by blueskydriver
[July 13, 2019, 03:46:30 AM]
NIB 747-400 ThrottleTek + FDS CDUs x2 [SOLD]
by blueskydriver
[July 12, 2019, 10:53:12 PM]
FDS 5V IBL Dimmer and Expansion Board / Pokeys 57E (SOLD)
by fsaviator
[July 10, 2019, 08:35:14 PM]
PM MCP.ini Question...
by ScottThePilot
[July 10, 2019, 12:56:38 PM]
Stab Trim Indicator...
by ScottThePilot
[July 09, 2019, 12:56:42 PM]
Teensy LC Throttle Quadrant
by kurt-olsson
[July 08, 2019, 08:09:41 AM]
Multiple Teensys, sketch upload question
by kurt-olsson
[July 08, 2019, 08:05:27 AM]
Anders Simparts - Summer info
by archen
[July 07, 2019, 03:30:31 AM]
Group buy - Oshino OL-2405BP lamps - interested?
by kattz
[July 03, 2019, 09:26:22 PM]
Prosim737 Ver 2 license for sale
by ifeliciano
[July 02, 2019, 09:58:37 AM]
Anyone have this connector and possibly a clamp as well for the yoke?
by mickc
[July 01, 2019, 08:01:04 PM]
Happy Canada Day
by jackpilot
[July 01, 2019, 10:09:40 AM]
MH 370 Article
by FredK
[June 30, 2019, 07:28:41 PM]
Calling any B747 mechs... please help
by kattz
[June 30, 2019, 06:08:50 PM]
International shipping?
by jackpilot
[June 27, 2019, 08:29:07 AM]
Flooring Installed!
by jackpilot
[June 25, 2019, 05:49:57 PM]
How much room between center pedestal and seat?
by jackpilot
[June 25, 2019, 08:19:42 AM]
2020 Microsoft Flight Simulator - new at E3 2019
by blueskydriver
[June 24, 2019, 02:29:16 PM]
How to install DZUS fasteners?
by Buster99
[June 22, 2019, 04:12:34 PM]
Desert Air Spares - Trustworthy?
by kattz
[June 22, 2019, 12:40:51 PM]