Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 02:07:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
570 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 584
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 570
Total: 570

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

FDS Open House and Cockpitbuilders Get Together

Started by Bob Reed, June 04, 2012, 03:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Reed

Well, it has come and gone. All I can still say at this point is WOW! First off, a huge THANK YOU to Peter and Steve Cos and the rest of the FDS group for inviting us (Cockpitbuilders) and putting on a GREAT gathering. I have been a part of this community since 1998 and I have never had the opportunity to be a part of such a gathering. Peter not only did the impossible by getting James Price and Matt Ford there, he had a hidden star back in the shop.... A full blown motion simulator! More on that shortly. That's right, James Price and Matt Ford were there to share some of their stories and how they worked through putting their cockpits together long before there was a FDS, or anyone else for that matter. Thanks Matt and James for giving up some of your time to come talk to us! Another person I want to take the time to thank is Sam Llorca. He is the gentleman who owns the full motion sim and  made sure EVERYONE had a ride in it. While that was going on, I got a chance to talk to him and asked him how it flew. His answer, " I will tell you after I fly it"! At that point in time he, the owner, had only flown it for 5 minutes, but here he was enjoying watching everyone try it! And then there is Maurice.... He had a few of us over on Saturday night to "fly" (haha) his simulator. His simulator is very professionally put together and flies very nicely. The visuals are stunning! I was able to fly for the first time in almost 6 years! Sunday, Peter opened up his facility to Cockpitbuilders and we had the place to ourselves.  James, Matt, and Sam were all there. Trevor put on a great presentation about Cockpitbuilders. I need to thank Stephen Cos for being there to make sure none of us walked out with any parts, (kidding) but Steve sat in that full motion cockpit for hours to make sure everyone got a turn in it. Thank you Steve! I want to thank everyone who came and helped make this first meeting of the group something I will remember for a long time. I am already looking forward to the next one.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate