Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:44:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
176 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 514
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 176
Total: 176

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Get-together debriefing note..

Started by jackpilot, June 07, 2012, 04:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackpilot

I had also prepared a few short flight plans to demonstrate all the nice SimA features and I had all the relevant charts since Jack had been so adamant on using charts the last time he came to visit.

So, imagine my surprise when all everyone wanted to do all evening was doing 'circuits' in LOWI and later in the evening, do short hops from VHHH TO Kaitak. No checklists, no charts, . Some of these landings were I would say quite 'interesting'. Maurice

I confess that I (for one) did exactly the opposite of what I was planning to preach about the very next day, in front of my fellow members!!
(Such as ; preparing an elaborate flight plan, , preparing docs, charts, estimating fuel (!!!!! ran dry), noting frequencies etc etc)

Mau's dusty Scotch (famous private stock) , Beer fumes around me, too high expectations, and other poor excuses , helped me to execute two badly handled missed approaches and , with Trev at the control tower, a final landing..... in the grass.! 

So the next morning, after a good 5H00 snoring session,and with zero credibility,  I bailed out of presenting my  unsubstantiated views on "Flying Pro in a Sim"  ...which anyway allowed more Flying time to everyone.!

This was by far the best ever SimManiacs meet I can remember!
Will be hard to beat, but we will try .

Thanks Guys, was wonderful .
Thanks Trev for making this Site possible and for an unexpected gift.
Thanks Dave and Gary for an equally unexpected friendly gesture.
..and Mau for an immensly great time!
Steve, Pete, Sam ..of course.
Jack

Jack

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate