Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 02:15:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
568 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 584
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 568
Total: 569

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

On my way

Started by Bob Reed, April 13, 2013, 05:41:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Reed

I have spent the last several hours in the basement (from now the hangar) preparing for the temp sim setup. Going well. Should have a few pics by the end of the weekend.

Bob Reed

A few more hours and I am about ready to start runing all the cables. Network, video, mouse keyboard, power... Had a scare I could not remeber what I did with my XP disks... Found them!  :D I have a number of questions fro you tomorrow Scott. Oh yes and I have several pictures to share....

Bob Reed

So here are the pics I promised. Anyone having trouble uploading to the Media?

Here are is the start of the temp sim.

It's coming!

Oh Ya!

And there is life in the sim!

jskibo

Flying now?

I see Bob is a watch guy too....
Less than 4 years to retirement......

Bob Reed

Quote from: jskibo on April 14, 2013, 03:50:37 AM
Flying now?

I see Bob is a watch guy too....

Yes I am, in the learning stage. Had to post the pics there as I could not upload to our gallery. Will check with Trev on that. No not flying yet, maybe by tonight? If not by sometime this week for sure!

Bob Reed

A lot was accomplished on the sim today. I am almost halfway done with setting up the SimAvio software. This is NiCE software! Got the Go Flight modules all installed and working. In no way are they all programed yet but they are working. Going to see if I can see why I can't upload pics to the gallery so I can post the shots I got today.

Bob Reed

No idea will have to talk to Trevor about it. Anyway here are 2 pictures from todays work.

The over all. Monitor on the left is for setup only.

Decent shot of the gauges. Still not done but getting there.

Sam Llorca

Looking good Bob.!!!

Bob Reed

Not much to report. Setting up the Go Flight stuff and still laying out the MIP. Thursday I may get to fly!

scottx-plane

keep up the good work bob!

XOrionFE

Welcome Scottx-plane.    You should write an introduction of yourself on the intro forum thread so we all can hear about your interests, project, ect.

I also want to point out to all that you are not me :)   Most folks here know each other by first name and my name is Scott as well.   Most here also know that I am one of the few here running X-Plane for my cockpit.   So just wanted to post this so folks know that we are two separate people.

Welcome to Cockpitbuilders!    Again, let us know about yourself in the intro section and hopefully you will find this site a great place to learn and to share with.

best regards,
Scott (aka XOrionFe from Illinois)

fsaviator

Now that the real Scott has stood up, we need to figure this out.

I propose that the new Scott be known as "little Scott", and the old Scott be known as "big Scott" until such a time as one of them stops using X-Plane ;D

Seriously though, I did do a double take and took a closer look when I saw "little Scotts" first post!

Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

Bob Reed

Here is a little update. Over the weekend I setup the new (to me) sim computer that will be dedicated to simming. End of may 2 more higher end computers. Why so many computers? I just walked in the door with 3 projectors. I will see if I can do a little testing with them tonight and see if my plan has any legs.... Temp cockpit is now flyable without touching the keyboard and mouse. On Thursday a wood working friend of mine will be stoping by and we will start the design for the cockpit and "screens".  This is once again fun. One more quick note. So far once I set something up in XP it seems to stay that way. I remember many  long night setting stuff up in MS only to start the sim the next day and none of what you did the night before worked... That was frustrating! Any way my sim once again lives!

Bob Reed

Just got done with my first time flying the sim! WOW. I was even able to land. The first couple where not pretty but I did it. The last couple where better.

Trevor Hale

Great news bud.  Glad to see you working on things again.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Bob Reed

Have not done a lot in the last couple days. But tonight I will be working on the sim! I did get the some of the parts for the cockpit dug out. MIP TQ and other tidbits. If I can keep from flying tonight more will get done. Oh the wood working friend will be here tonight so we can start to figure out my screen.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate