Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 11:03:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
531 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 531
Total: 531

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Windows7 INI files - saving issues...

Started by sagrada737, January 14, 2014, 08:38:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sagrada737

Hi Folks,

I ran across an issue saving config.ini files in my flight model application that may be an issue for other folks as well.  In my case, this involved making necessary changes to an application INI file in Notepad, and then using the Save function to save the file.  The problem was, it did not actually save the changes that were made to the INI file.

It turns out that using the SaveAs function to save the INI file does indeed save the changes made to the INI file.

This is most likely due to "Permissions" issue within Windows.  So...  If you run across this same problem with your Sim applications, just use SaveAs to ensure that changes in INI files are correctly saved.

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate