Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 12, 2024, 12:15:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
513 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 570
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 513
Total: 513

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Display help with FSX

Started by matta757, April 19, 2015, 01:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matta757

Hi Guys,

I am starting to work on switching from FS9 to FSX and have run into a snag. Currently on FS9, I run my setup using 3 monitors as follows:

-Monitor 1 is a 1680x1050x32 that displays all my outside visuals.
-Monitor 2 is a 1280x1024x32 that displays with primary flight instruments on the captain's side (and a clone of that monitor on the first officer's side).
-Monitor 3 is another 1280x1024x32 monitor that displays all my EICAS instruments.

Right now, when I start FS9, I open a flight and all I need to do is undock the CAPT and EICAS windows, move them to their respective monitor, and enter FULL SCREEN display mode. The windows are already sized using FS Panel Studio to be 1280x1024 and they fit the monitors perfectly upon entering full screen mode.

This, however, is not working with FSX. When I undock the windows, move them to their monitors and enter full screen, they do not resize to the proper resolution. Instead, I find that I need to drag and resize them manually, which is a tedious task at best because I cannot see the edges of the windows in some areas.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get the windows to stay the proper size without needing to manually adjust them?

**I should add that I have checked the DISPLAY settings in the FSX menu and ensured that displays 2 and 3 are set to 1280x1024x32 like they should be. Everything is exactly how I have it set in FS9 for this setup to work.

Thanks for any insight,
Matt

andarlite

Hi Matt

I have almost he same setup as you and it is working fine for me .... not sure why you are having to resize when switching to full screen. I actually even save the situation in window mode with all the panels in place and then switch to full screen once it loads.

I assume your monitor 2 and 3 are setup to the correct resolution in windows and are extended?

Regards,
Henry
Level D 767
FSX

matta757

Henry,

Yep, everything is setup properly with the monitors, and works perfectly with FS9 so I am at a loss at the moment...

Good to know at least that it can be done...

Matt

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate