Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 11:52:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
556 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 698
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 556
Total: 556

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Help with ideas for mounting panel to the shell

Started by kurt-olsson, March 14, 2016, 09:36:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kurt-olsson

Hi.

I bought the Efis panels and the efis shell from Simworld. In the real 737 there are no drilled holes for screws in the corners and no ones in my panels as well.
But how on earth can i mount them? If i drill holes in my metal panet, the tip of the screws will stick out so my top panel will have a space between it.

Have anyone else efis panels like this?

I have added 3 images to try to illustrate the problem more

FredK

Use heavy duty double-sided adhesive tape....trim as necessary.  You can then always pry the panel off the mounting if necessary.

Small dabs of clear silicone caulking could also work.

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

kurt-olsson

I tried the tape approach but the panel fell off after a while. I will lookup the scilicone stuff! Thanks

kurt-olsson

I will cut four screws and glue them on the panels so they fit the holes and then use a brick on the other side! That will work. For the top panel, i will use double side tape!

blueskydriver

I am just curious, but who did the wire/resistors on that panel? I've never seen it like that before...

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

kurt-olsson

that would be me! =)

Its called "resistor-ladder" technique.

you take lost of resistors between all the pins, and when you read the analog value you will get a range value that stands for certain position.
The win with this solution is that i only need one analog input on my teensy to be able to take care of all the positions.

So when i do read_value = readAnalog(INPUT_MODE,some pin)

if (value > 0 && values < 200) // position A
if (value > 200 && values < 400) // position B
if (value > 400 && values < 600) // position C
etc...

kurt-olsson

buuuuhuu..

i could not glue the cutted screws, they broke after a while.

I will do one more try with screws made out of plastic to see if they have better luck.

I have always had problem with loctite and metal. will never work for me.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate