Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 07:55:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
569 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 584
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 569
Total: 569

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Computer upgrade question

Started by Mach7, August 14, 2016, 12:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mach7

Hello All,

As you know, (if you have been following my posts), I have been having quite a few computer issues lately. My current system is based on the Windows XP format with service pack 3 installed. I am using FS2004.

I have contacted Jetline Systems and they are currently building me a new unit to bring me into the 21st century.

I initially considered doing a full HDD image, or clone and then putting all the information on the new harddrive...but as they, (JLS), pointed out, a lot of the programs may not work due to the computer registry (or something like that).

Anyway, I  have a number of programs on my old machine to run my sim and have accepted the fact that a lot of them, (FSPanel studio, SIOC, WideView, FSUIPC, etc), will have to be updated in order to recognize  the new hardware, as I am sure the drivers I am using now are quite outdated.

So my question is this....currently I am using FSUIPC 3.99 with windows xp, however the new computer has Win 7 pro, so I am assuming I will have to upgrade to the 3.99z9 version? and as well do I have to install the 9.1 patch into Fs9 for everything to work properly?

With respect to FSUIPC..I already have a paid copy, is there an avenue to get 3.99z9 without pulling out my wallet again?

I also have this little handy program that allows me to interface my modified Nav heads. A bunch of years ago, I sent my newly purchased VHF Nav heads to  Leo Bodnar, who modified them and then wrote a little program allowing me to interface with my pit. He said he had a licence agreement with Peter Dowson, so it did not require a paid copy of FSUIPC to work...however I am wondering now if this little program will function with the new machine.

I can forward the VHF_NAV program if anyone wants to reverse engineer it. I can't attach it here as this site will not accept this type of file.

Thanks

-Jim

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate