Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:29:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
113 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 113
Total: 113

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Yet another switch discussion (YASD)

Started by airupthere, February 02, 2017, 09:36:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

airupthere

Alright, i'm one of those guys who's going all-in with the honeywell switches.. I've seen this guys link for unique switches for the overhead, giving specific model numbers for honeywell and APEM switches (https://riksarchen.wordpress.com/2011/05/01/b737ng-overhead-toggle-switches/). But I would still love to know what the specific model is for other switches on the panel, like the landing light switches, the logo, and position lights etc. Also, all the switches under the guards, that are just simple on-off..

I think I know which switches to get, but if anyone has the official OEM honeywell numbers, that would be awesome.

Randy

mickc

Hi,

I made a spreadsheet up a while back for someone else asking the same thing, it is attached below.

Contains the Honeywell part numbers and Mil-Spec numbers as well as switch numbers and locations.

Note that these are not all the actual OEM switch part numbers as used in the real aircraft, but look & feel identical on the outside of the panel.

OEM switches often have multiple separate microswitch elements and can cost upwards of $1000 each. :o

kattz

I asked this before, but has a list been made for the rest of the cockpit?

Thanks.

bernard S

nevermind

kattz

kattz

I've done quite a lot of investigation into the switches that have been posted.  Everyone's work is appreciated - still needs some changes that I'm working on.

Regarding the sim, I've made some assumptions:

Logic inputs such as SimStacks are used

No switch input should use "not not" logic, so every switch will provide an input where one is needed - for example, if a switch is NORM in the key position and ALT in position 2, then there shall be two inputs from the switch, one in each position.  The lack of a signal shall not be considered as a state.  This gives the sim broken wire protection.

Most of the sim panels shall be just that - panels without "guts", or non-OEM panels.  These switches will give the feel and appearance of an OEM panel.

Honeywell TL-series toggle switches are called out.  However, the NT-series of switches can be used to save money.  They still have the red silicone dust boot, but are yellow-brown anodized for exposure and are not rated for aerospace or MIL-spec.  Using MicroMesh or another abrasive cloth, they can be polished silver and no one will be the wiser.  If you don't care about the "pull to unlatch" hat shape, Eaton switches from surplus sales can be used.

For SPD REF, N1 SET, and AUTO BRAKE switches, please see the fine products from Anders Sim Products

The original black pushbuttons for MIC, CLOCK, and GPWS TEST are Eaton D20011-01 units.  They are no longer available and two similar parts are provided as replacements.  Please note that these have a 0.496" panel opening.  Plan accordingly.

The four DU selector switches appear to have 45° fixed stops.  If they are 30°, substitute 30 for the 45 in the part number.

MIP switch BOM attached.

Kevin

bernard S

nothing i said was unreasonable    so bollocks to your comment ..i deleted the post because it may have come across as harse but the content i had remains true...  and was not aimed at you in particular ...  if you want to make it personal   then pm me i have no issue with being your huckleberry 😘... that being said   i think your project and build is rather cool .. you may find since you going with cots boards that a more industrial type solution is in order ? ... its prudent to be able to read switching states   a little extra work on front end   but on the back end exceptionally helpful    ... most dont build with maintenance in mind

sorted    ..its offical i am a plonker    lol

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate