Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 11:23:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
554 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 698
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 554
Total: 554

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

737NG Project update

Started by Themax, September 03, 2010, 08:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Themax

Hello,

I had a very nice holiday ! I went to lisbon with Brussels Airlines for a very nice citytrip ! Got jumpseat during the 2 flights  :) 737-300 and 737-400. Last year I also went on jumpseat 737-300  ;D I just like the crew of Brussels Airlines ! Thank you ! I'll start with some photos :

(right click and "show picture" for a bigger size  ;) )

It was a very nice birthday ! I became 16 the day we came back home. Coming back home, it was a nice aviation week, visiting the control tower "Belgocontrol" at brussels, doing my medical class 1 to become pilot and I'm starting my PPL in 4 days  :D

But I don't know why I'm telling all these things ! Let's come back to the virtual aviation, the progress on my 737ng home cockpit  :)

Remember my last update in July : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4N3JbWXQg0

I started to interface the center panel, adding the landing gear lever, flaps gauge from simkits (It's the usb gauge kit, allowing you to build any gauge you want) and starting interfacing the switches (autobrake, etc) and annunciators (landing gear, flaps ext, etc).

I also added a new panel light to the cockpit :

The cockpit will be like last year at the IVAO BE Lan party on 2 October  :) This year I'll have a copilot, my good friend Mattias (also a 737 fan, but on pmdg  :D )

That's it for the moment, hope you like it ! :)

Maxime.

XOrionFE

Awesome pics Maxime and thanks for sharing.    Happy Birthday as well.

Your sim is looking great.   Good luck with PPL.   I will never forget my first solo.   You'll have a ton of fun with it.

Scott

carlos hermida

Nice pics from 737 and your cockpit too.
Enjoy your real flight lessons, you will learn a lot ! 
I remembered my flights while reading your post...Ohhh It was in september 1998  and solo
flight was a special sensation of freedom....Good luck with your PPL ! 

ekznamu

Hi Maxime,

the pics of your HC are indicating that you are a friend of details.
Especially the stand by instrument in the middle. Does the combined altitude and speed indicator really work ? Where did you get it or rather how did you make it ?

Uwe

Themax

Hello,

thank you  ;) For sure I'll enjoy my PPL  :D

It took me 5 minutes to make the standby instruments... because it's just paper  ;) Actually I don't plan to use working standby instruments. In stead of having empty holes in my MIP I printed the 3 standby instruments and put them behind the mip :

I just have to put a light behind it and during night flights the standbys are fully backlighted :

You can see the tape on the standby's but that's because I don't had transparant tape at this moment, but I just have to put them again, that's not a big problem.

Maxime  ;)

jackpilot

Good  4 U...!!
Told you Guys, Jumpseating is still possible in Europe!

Jack

jackpilot

Maxime,
For your ST-By Horizon, here is a reprint of a text I posted on FDS in...2005!
--------------------
Airliner 3D Ball Horizon
Materials needed:
-One regular tin can 3" diam shortened about 1"from the bottom for the instrument casing/ painted flat black inside
-One plastic ball about 2"diam cut in two. I found the right ones at K-Mart for $2 toy dept.
-One outside ring that you can make yourself out of anything. I used a real one from a $10 real Horizon bought on Ebay
-The instrument facia with lens provided with the MIP. I used a real one with the adjustable little wings of the above ADI
Tips:
Try to find a real discarded Horizon, easy to open, cheap as anything on Ebay or local airport shop.Looks terrific.
The balls came in orange or white . I found the flat bue at a local hardware, in a small jar, DecoArt Americana, baby blue. Select your paint scheme, orange/blue, black/blue, black/ white, . For the runway and angle markings, I used adhesive tape cut thin.
Add a knob at the bottom (any small cylindrical knob from Radio Shack) painted gray

Enjoy.
Jack

Jack

fsaviator

Maxime,

I am impressed.  It is really great to see a young man with such passion for something, as well as an eye for detail and pride in his/her work.  Kudos to you.  Your pit looks great!

Good luck with your PPL.  I too remember my first solo...  the experience is truly one you will never forget.

Warren
Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

Bob Reed

Looks great.. Nice to have you here.... I look forward to watching it grow and hearing about your PPL fun!

RojanTrojan

Great pictures Maxime and good luck with the PPL. Project is looking really great.

Rhydian

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate