Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 06:50:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
557 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 584
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 557
Total: 557

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Issues with CPFlight MCP

Started by andreotti60, November 16, 2010, 08:53:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andreotti60

Hello.  I am new to this forum but I have been reading some of the posts in here with interest.  I hope someone can help me with an issue I'm experiencing which is threatening my entire home cockpit build if I'm not able to resolve it.   I have the CPFlight MCP737PRO and the EFIS737PRO, with latest firmware.  I run Project Magenta (most recent version 480), FSX/Expansion Pack, and Windows 7 (64). 

I have connected the MCP and the EFIS correctly and the CPFlight test program sees them both.  Project Magenta also sees them.  However, after downloading the CPFlight USB drivers (usbdriver32_64.zip) I am unable to install the USB driver in Windows!!  Windows always overrides my decision and selects instead to automatically install its own drivers.  I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the Windows drivers many times now without success.  I browse to the folder on the desktop where I have saved the CPFlight drivers files.  However, when I select the folder, Windows will not install those drivers.  It tells me that "Windows has already installed the best drivers for this device" (and it isn't CPFlight's)!

Does anyone knows how I can override Windows and install the CPFlight drivers?

By the way, in case you're wondering, with the default drivers that Windows installs – it usually gives me commport 4 – after updating the MCP.ini file with the commport 4 number, and starting FSX, neither the MCP and/nor the EFIS are turned on (i.e. connected).  They just refuse work.  I think maybe the reason is that Windows installed its own drivers instead of my being able to install the correct ones.

Another problem I'm having is that the Project Magenta MCP.ini file does not keep the comport 4 number in memory!  When I go and check after re-booting the computer, it gives me Commport 5!!!  What could be the problem there?

I have spent a full week trying to get this to work, to no avail.  I would welcome your thoughts and suggestions to resolve these issues.

Many thanks.

Gianluca

Bob Reed

Hello Gianluca. I am sure that someone here will be able to help. I do not have this hardware so I will keep my ideas out of here and we will let someone with hands on help you.

andreotti60

Thanks Bob.  I really hope someone who has this equipment can chime in.  Of all the issues that I anticipated having along the way in building my project, setting up the CPFlight MCP and EFIS was not on the list.  This should be a piece of cake.  Instead, it's turning into a nighmare.   :-[

Gianluca 

Bob Reed

My first question... Do the drivers work with the 64bit version of Windows?

FredK

Have you posted your problem on the CPFlight forum?

Also, have you contacted CPFlight directly?  They are normally quick to respond.

Fred
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

XOrionFE

I have the EL Series and have had no issues with the drivers in Windows 7 64 bit.    Maybe you dont have proper permissions in Windows?  Did you turn UAC down all the way?   Maybe that is why it is reverting back?

Scott

jackpilot

Jack

philb737

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while!

jackpilot

Jack

ian@737ng.co.uk

hello gianluca.........
my best advice is to mail Paolo at CPFlight and ask him.   his support is superb.
contact him on support@cpflight.com
good luck

ian
FS9 - PMDG/Prosim737 - Pokeys - Lots of BU0836X and a BEER FRIDGE :D

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate