Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 06:24:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
562 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 588
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 562
Total: 562

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Penny for your projector thoughts

Started by usafgadget, December 01, 2010, 11:18:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

usafgadget

I big piece of my rig planning is the visuals.  That's probably a biggie on everyone's list. I want to go the projector route and I want to have 180 degrees plus (like Ivar's) and my room is only 10' wide so I'll need short throws.

I'm seriously looking at this Viewsonic model.  Good reviews and at a decent price.  I have TH2GO and hoping to build a curved screen and using Nthusim.  I might just angle the sides (that part hasn't been worked out yet).

http://www.viewsonic.com/products/pjd5351.htm

Any thoughts?

Chris
You can accelerate out of any problem.

ETomlin

Right off the bat I'd say that 10' isnt enough for a view as big as Ivar's. 12' is almost the minimum. However, I'd also say that the TH2Go with angled views and short throws will still be able to make a fantastic visual for your 10' space and I wouldnt worry too much about it until you go to buy the projectors.
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

usafgadget

Quote from: ETomlin on December 01, 2010, 11:29:49 AM
Right off the bat I'd say that 10' isnt enough for a view as big as Ivar's. 12' is almost the minimum.

You're right.  I know I won't get the same views but I really want an "outside the cockpit" visual so I'll just have to mess with the zoom factors and alignment.  Just hoping someone with projector knowledge can give me some insight.
You can accelerate out of any problem.

Sean

This is a very quick reply as I have to dash, but have a look at the Mitsubishi EW230U-ST's

http://vis.mitsubishielectric.co.uk/products/projectors/education/ew230u-st

It's Ultra-Short Throw (0.5:1 compared to 0.9:1) and WXGA compared to XGA.

I have 3 x Acer1230S's at 0.9:1 throw ratio but feel I may need the extra 'shortness' of the Mitsubishi's.

I was recently at Ralph Watson's sim, he is using 3 x Mitsubishi's and 3 x angled screens in a space around 10ft.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate