Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:25:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
478 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 514
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 478
Total: 478

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

picture update of my project

Started by ivar hestnes, September 27, 2009, 04:54:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ivar hestnes

I have not posted any pictures for ages now. But have done some work anyway. So I will make a big post here instead of many small ones ;D

Have spent a few days making the Tiller wheel mechanism, and it turned out pretty good. It does improve the simulator. In the shots the potmeter is missing. But you can see how I did the mechanics here.

And I have made the cupholders also. One simple autocad drawing. Aluminium cut
in water-jet, then tackwelded together. A beercan fits just perfect. Nice for the weekend flights  ;D

And I also insert a picture of inside my yoke mechanism here. Maybe someone have not seen it.

I have also made my eyebrows. They dont look so good really, but I am happy to get the roof covered. Also I won a HUD on ebay, which is a very nice addition to the sim. Hopefully I will get it working at a later stage.

The eyebrows are shaped in a material I dont know the name of. But it is the same stuff that is used in a trucks fibreglass cargo hold.

Then I have had a display at Rygge air show 2009. Very nice event and it was fun to be there and talk to all the interested people. Very good feedback to keep the motivation up :)

And some shots of the sim in action. As you can see Phil has made a couple of extra panels for my pedestal. Nice work Phil :) Also a picture where I have two seats installed. I have borrowed them from a friend for a few days. Carpet is also in place, so the sim is improving very much. It is a nice ride to fly now :)

I am sorry that I have no update pictures of my ipeco replica seats yet. It is still a work in progress, but take really much time to do. Hopefully some shots later this year :)

Trevor Hale

:eek: Absolutely STUNNING!  I can't believe how much hard work went into that project so far Ivar.  Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing.  You inspire me, I know that much.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Boeing Skunk Works

Hi Ivar!

You sim is really looking great these days. Awesome job there.
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

geneb

Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007
http://www.f15sim.com - The only one of its kind.

phil744

I tell you guys I have had the privalige of flying Ivars sim, looks good in photos but to be actually sat in there is simply somthing else.

I am sooo jelous, Ivar, you are a true sim building God, keep it up :)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
757-200, P3D, LD767,Arduino, panels by some british moron, pile of dead airplane parts and a hammer!

Yeah i got one of these facebook things too http://www.facebook.com/Simvionics

warvet

Ivar!!!  :o
OMG! Man I almost spit coffee on my keyboard WOW! Your sim is looking better than a real 737 my friend. You truly have surpassed what allot of us have hoped to achieve. If there were ever an award to be given for building excellence in a Hall of Fame type environment, you truly should be one of the inductees. Your skill is truly a masterpiece. Thank you for continuing to show us the magnificence the hobby holds. I'm so proud and happy for ya my friend. I want to go out and show everyone I know your project and say this is my friend Ivar, I'm just that proud of your skill and accomplishment.
Continue success Ivar
Your friend always
Tim
A340
"Want Some,Get Some, Bad Enough Take Some!:D "

jackpilot

Hey Ivar...was about to tell how great...blah blah but Tim said it all...in just a few words...!!
lol
Great to see, always encouraging because as most of us, I have everything planned and ready between my ears, but going from there to the workbench need a little push sometimes...you did it.
Cheers
PS: what type of Struts/dampers do you use.

Jack

ivar hestnes

Thank you very much for all your kind words boys. I really appreciate it. It also helps alot on my motivation which sometimes can be low, lol.

The sim is far beyound what the original plan was now, and it seems to never end. More wants more ;D I am working on the Ipeco seats also, but it is a slow and expensive process. Sometimes hard to get the motivation to continue on them, but I am sure you guys will help on that after I show some shots. Thats still some time to yet though. Lots of issues to sort out. But all the metal is cut. And things are slowly coming together.  :)

You coming back anytime Phil? Sim is waiting for ya  ;D Such big fun to fly with you. And we need a holiday soon also. Tenerife was fun ;D

Jack, the struts for tiller and elevator are 8kg pressure ones. Fabricate swedish Lesjoforss, but guess any fabricate will do. The feel are nice, but still to light compared to a real yoke/tiller. Most important is that it is nice to fly with at home  :)

warvet

IVAR,
Las Vegas called they said they want all their lights back ;) :D ;D
Tim
A340

AndyT

Just totally Fab Ivar! Boeing wants their sim back now.

brissydave

www.Flightfacsimile.com
Selected Boeing 737 Cockpit Components.... From Australia!

ivar hestnes

Thanks again for your comments.

I am almost blushing here now  :) Only a very few girls have seen that before.  :P

You think they need more lights in Vegas Tim? I bet you can see Vegas from the moon already, or maybe from the chinese wall if it was a mirror on the moon  ;D But if Boeing wants it, they can have it. I have some ideas for a trade with them, hehehe, They have something I want :cheers:

warvet

Ok not quite sure what happened to my joke there, think it might have lost something in the translation and went from a poop to only a fart  :-[ Oh well,these things happen. I meant Ivar, that your sim is so bright that to get it that way you must have stole all the lights from Las vegas to get it that way. And the joke is they want their lights back :) *ok nm lol *  :D :D ;D ::) :-\ :-X

Tim
A340

andarlite

Wow, beautiful work that you are doing there Ivar.

You realized that if you keep posting pictures of your cockpit that the rest of us will stop posting our own cockpit pictures because it'll be too embarrassing.   :)

Regards,
Henry
Level D 767
FSX

ivar hestnes

Well, I really hope my pictures can be motivation to people. If people dont want to post their work cause of me, that would be sad. I love to see all kind of projects. And most people do. It is important to have a chance to see all the possibilities within this hobby.  :)

Everybody should be very proud of what they achieve. This is a special hobby, which involves many different skills. No one have them all. But everybody can learn :)

Hope some other guys also start posting their work and make a thread about it :)

Tim my friend, dont you worry. I understand your sense of humour perfectly, and have good fun everytime you post ;D But, I am not always good to put my words together in a correct way. I am a foreigner (alien) you know ;D Speak and write norwenglish ;D

Trevor Hale

Quote from: ivar hestnes on September 28, 2009, 12:36:42 PM
Speak and write norwenglish ;D

LOL..  No worries..  we can understand anyway.  Now the fun part would be to hear your norwenglish when you are drinking :)
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

philb737

My hero!!!!! :D
Wow !!!! :o :o :o Like always,.. :) Ivar you are the biggest inspiration for me.
Good job :cheers:
Phil
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while!

XOrionFE

luisgordo

SUPERB JOB Ivar !!

Always nice to follow your sim's progress. Have seen so many pictures of it throughout time that I have the impression of seeing an old long-forgotten friend there!!  ;)

Keep it up!!
Instructor Station
www.iStationGordo.com

Flight Data Recorder Mobile
http://www.istationgordo.com/instructorstation/fdr

ivar hestnes

Thank you very much for all your nice comments :)

It really helps on the motivation. Sometimes you get a little tired and need a break. But you guys keep me busy :) It is still a long road to the finished result as I want it. Not so much on the appearance. The 737 look is kind of close now. But there are always lots of things to do with software, and the curved visual that I want so bad (drool drool), and my pentium4 computer would love to be updated to a computer out of this world ;D Seats, new TQ, and so on, hehehe. It never ends ;)

It is hard priority all the time. I just have a regular job with a normal income, but I put the simulator very high on my priority list. But so far no wife to stop me ;D :P :-[ :-\

I might also add another module behind the simulator also now, cause I am very lucky and have got myself a 737 cockpit door for very reasonable money. Even got it in Norway. Unbelievable. So I might want to make the enclosure complete now. Anyone have circuit breaker panels???  ;D

@Trevor:  I dont drink so much buddy, but for sure you would notice if you talk to me when I am in the funny mood  ;D  :cheers:

Boeing Skunk Works

The only CB panel I could find Ivar was one from a 727 for cabin lighting. Could be the same for 737, but probably not the newer 700-800-900 series.

ivar hestnes

I have the p 6-3 panel here so I have the scale then. I might go and draw it in AutoCAD and get it cut myself. Probably a good way to get it done. But guess the breakers themselves is expensive. And it is very many of them, lol. And the artwork. Thats a lot of work to do.

Time will show I guess  :)

Boeing Skunk Works

Someone out there in hardware land makes and sells fake CB's but I can't remember the shop name.

Maybe Cockpit Sonic?

You might want to use a few real CB's in your lighting circuits if possible.

Angus Wighton

Absolutely STUNNING Ivar!! 

Its one thing to have designed & built such a complex life-like cockpit but to be designed so that it can also be transported in the back of a truck, well, that just blows me away.  The only thing that will move mine is dynamite .....

Congratulations ...... your project more than deserves everything that has, all will be, written about it.  WOW. 

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate