Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:32:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
453 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 514
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 453
Total: 453

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Some more 737 parts...and light panel detail

Started by XOrionFE, October 16, 2009, 02:10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XOrionFE

I picked up some more parts for my build.   First up is the 727 Overhead.  This should be modified easy enough for a 737.   I will be making many panels myself for it and some I may end up buying (the real panels).   This panel as you can see was from N147FE which appears to have been a Fedex 727.   

Here is my new lights panel.  It is damaged but will be easily repaired.  The backlighting works fine.  I also have most of the actual toggles to populate it.    I just love the look of years of use....  Nothing like the real thing!

This is the center panel for the overhead and is in excellent condition.  I decided to take apart the backlighting panel behind it and take some pictures so everyone can see how the real panel is setup and the 5v lightbulbs in the back.   This is the same thing I will do for my own panels as I make them on the cnc.  I already have a nice supply of scissor cut thin clad board and about 1000 of these little 5v bulbs.

Hope you enjoy...

Scott

Boeing Skunk Works

Great new stuff Scott. I saw the lower exterior lighting light plate on the site. I guess he has a whole warehouse full of overhead racks.

I'm thinking of buying one and re-wiring my overhead now that I have all of the panels installed.

Pretty cheap too by sim vendor standards. Hard to believe they charge more for a repro than for an actual aircraft part.   ::)

Those center panel light plates are hard to come by. Nice score on the lot!

Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

XOrionFE

Yeah, was there this afternoon.  Nick has quite a few overheads.  He basically stripped one of them of the panels for me.    He also has all of the pots and other switches I need but I figure I will take it slow.  I have so much sitting around the bench now I really need to get bact to the building :-).   Working on a dual column/yoke setup and the platform right now but I had to relearn my oxy-acetelene welding skills for some of what I am doing (see Ian's site).   Anyway...APHS is a goldmine and Nick is super to work with.  BTW, he has like 3 or 4 Tillers right now...

Boeing Skunk Works

I'd like to visit his warehouse sometime. I'd have to leave the cash at home. I could really go on a buying binge up there.
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

shaneb

Hey Scott,

Some really nice finds there . . the 5v bulbs in the panel . . are they the same/similiar as the wheat bulbs we came up with a few months ago?
Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

XOrionFE

close to the same size.  Diamter is the same but ours are about 4.5mm in length and these are more like 3mm. Ours should still work fine but may want to lay on side.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate