Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 01:40:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
455 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 454
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 455
Total: 455

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

737 Build Progress

Started by XOrionFE, November 01, 2009, 12:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XOrionFE

Just proving I havent been slouching.... :)

Here is my MIP progress so far along with many of the panels and bezels I have cut which still need assembly and paint.    Note - the gear panel is one from OC but I will be making my own as that doesnt quite seem to fit properly.    Next is the Glareshield.   The glare will have CP Flight MCP and EFIS EL series units which I have ready to go.     I have OC radios on order for the pedestal.

The platform is on wheels and the whole thing can roll through a 36" door opening by design.   

Here is the rear platform with some of the odds and ends I have purchased so far.   I am awaiting on a couple real Yoke columns from APHS which will be installed into the rear platform.  I am also going to likely get the Simparts throttle quad kit from Jorg.   I like the idea of building some of it but his kit is nice and gives a nice head start for me.  The rear platform will latch onto the front platform.    Both platforms will also be carpeted.

Well thats all for this week...

Scott

Trevor Hale

Scott.. This is exciting..  Frigging incredible.  I love to watch a build like this come together.  Please keep us posted.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

when acting as a wave

Niiice. I too love seeing this kind of background work.

And with regards the '3rd time's a charm' in your custom title - have you built a couple before? Will this be the magnum opus? 'Cos it's looking fantastic!

Dean.
Ruscool Electronics Limited
Manufacturer of backlit panels and other parts
Ruscool Blog

Boeing Skunk Works

Hey Scott, that looks really good!

I thought you had already picked up the columns.  ???

Anyway, I've noticed too that some aftermarket manufacturers are not quite up to Boeing specifications. Not personal experience, but after reading on the various sites it seems no one is 100% Boeing accurate for whatever reason except of course Boeing.

On the other hand since few builders use Boeing parts, no one would (should) notice, but it happens.  ???
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

XOrionFE

Thanks all.

Dean, I started with a Lear 45 pit then a Cessna Mustang but neither of those have any support at all from manufactures nor can you find parts for them.   I also wasnt satisified with any software for the Lear in current states and the Mustang from Flight1 proved hard to interface.   I tried Sim-Avionics and loved it then thought about all the 737 support and after a few flights with the 737 I kinda fell in love with it.   So here I am....:-)

Micheal, I didnt get the columns from Nick yet.   He said he has some coming in soon.   That is when I will make the next trip and will be sure to let you know.  Hopefully in the next couple weeks.

Scott

Boeing Skunk Works

There's no hurry on my junk. It's just detail items. I need some of those foil placqards for the trim wheel and the MIP, a handset hangar for the center control stand, and one of those nice Telex headsets he has.

when acting as a wave

Hi Scott

Yes, that makes great sense. I can only imagine the frustration of having done all those hours and hours of groundwork only to find yourself not adequately supported once already well down the track of your build. Should be no problems this time around  :)

Dean.
Ruscool Blog

Boeing Skunk Works

727 is about the same, but there's always Boeing. I just happen to start building a 727 at a very good time. Five years earlier and I doubt many parts at all would be available.

I said the heck with aftermarket suppliers and built one anyway.

when acting as a wave

Yeah, our ATR72 was chosen simply because my father happens to be friends with two pilots who fly them and is therefore able to get access to various measurements and other explanations. This comes in especially handy when he's trying to get a certain 'feel' out of a newly-designed component - to have someone with hands-on experience critiquing that sort of thing is invaluable. Parts are an issue, yes, but that just means getting creative  ;D
Ruscool Blog

Boeing Skunk Works

At the time I didn't know anyone who flew them, but through the hobby and parts suppliers I've gotten to know several former 727 pilots, engineers, and maintenance troops.

Another builder (Joe) has given me many photos to work from for the cockpit interior detail and one now forgotten builder sent me photos and dimensions for my throttle some years ago.

The rest are all pretty much taken from Airliners dot net which gives the overall big picture but not much detail.

jackpilot

Hi Scott

Very clean  and neat MIP stand
I went the same way, except one item: the board straight behind the MIP. I found out that I had to do a lot of cutouts and the top part was in the way of the glareshield. I used aluminum instead. Just some ideas...

Jack

Trevor Hale

Wow Jack..  Nice stuff.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA

VATSIM:

XOrionFE

Really nice Jack!

Inspirational.   

shaneb

Hey Scott,

Your project is coming along nicely . . looking forward to update photos.  Really envy that scroll saw and sander in the background . . would have come in handy a couple nights ago while making the pitch disconnect box that mounts on the TQ.

Just think of all the evenings during the winter to work on our projects!  I kinda looked forward to winter this year.    :)
Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

jackpilot

Quote from: shaneb on November 02, 2009, 09:37:58 AM
Hey Scott,

Just think of all the evenings during the winter to work on our projects!  I kinda looked forward to winter this year.    :)

Yeah..nothing like being at the workbench, trying to solder that darn gizmo which is supposed to do wonders on the lower DU, when the wind is howling and the blizzard horizontal, burying the front door under 5 feet of white powder and wishing that the wind does not brake that stupid branch over the main power line (but who cares we have generators, hey Trev?)...blah blah blah.
Agree with you, we will not feel guilty being at the workbench, as there is nothing much else to do!! (or to be told to do..)
Cheers
jack

Jack

shaneb

Jack,

Oh don't mention generators . . last couple years we've had ice storms instead of snow . . I can deal with the snow . . just leave out the ice!  ahhh . . but the workbench . . cup of coffee . . new gadget, ha ha sounds great Jack!
Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

Trevor Hale

Quote from: jackpilot on November 02, 2009, 02:33:56 PM
(but who cares we have generators, hey Trev?)

LOL..  Should have bought a generator, but decided I needed an Overhead instead..  (Now when the power goes out.....I am pretend to fly my sim) LOL
Trevor Hale

Owner

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA

VATSIM:

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate