Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:29:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
130 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 130
Total: 130

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

VIDEOS - X-Plane 10 on 5 LED 60" TVs - 225 degree view - Innsbruck

Started by XOrionFE, February 06, 2013, 06:34:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XOrionFE

Thank you all for the very nice comments.     

I am really happy of course that I made the swtch to TVs and will be very happy with this setup for a long time to come.    I think the next evolution is probably bezeless LED tvs or flexible bendable LEDs but we'll all have to wait and see.  Three years ago when Ivar Hestness shocked us all with his warping of projection and Nat followed on with his setup (actually might have been the other way around...I'm not sure) I was blown away and had to do that setup.  I enjoyed it for two years and if I hadn't of gone to the FDS Openhouse/CB get together last year and listened to James Price and Matt Ford talking about X-Plane and Peter Cos mentioning that at the time he thought it could have a bright future I probably wouldn't be here today.  One thing kinda led to another.   Curse those guys for I probably would have been 15 K richer right now!   :o

What I need to do now is finish up my Pedestal and radios and then start flying again.   I wold like to get to the level of Maurice, Jack, Trevor, Michael Carter (aka 727 flyer extraordinaire), and my friends CP and Don.   I have all this great setup but ask me to perform an arrival into LAX on a busy day with Vatsim or Pilot edge and I would crumble.  Maybe I could con Mike Leavy into spending a weekend out hear showing me the finer points of 737 flying.  In fact, it would be great to me if some of you guys would start up a thread discussing your favorite flights and the nuances of them.  Would really kick the motivation into higher gear

Thanks again for the nice comments, encouragement, and friendships.

Scott

Bob Reed

XOrionFE

Sam Llorca

Hey Bob, you don't want to watch that video, is way too good, the scenery is awesome and the wrap around set up is out of this world, after I watched it I cry for two hours, forget projectors guys!!!

XOrionFE

Quote from: Sam Llorca on February 07, 2013, 04:05:46 AM
Hey Bob, you don't want to watch that video, is way too good, the scenery is awesome and the wrap around set up is out of this world, after I watched it I cry for two hours, forget projectors guys!!!

Hey Sam, of course you are welcome up here anytime.   I would love to fly your beast again someday.  I am heading down to Sanibel in the second week of March.  Not sure how far that is from you.   You have the ultimate motion machine and will never forget flying it at FDS last year.

Sam Llorca

Thank you Scott, I'm about one hour north of Sanibel, you are always welcome, maybe you can fix my flashing CDU's, great set up there with the LED's, it blew my mind!!! Take care Scott and Ill see you in March, cheers.

blueskydriver

Do say what? You still have the flashing CDU's? OMG! I thought someone was coming to fix them Sam?

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Sam Llorca

Nope, I was waiting for you since last November!!!, No one wants to come to florida, too hot!! The flashing CDU's are an issue but I don't want to make a big deal about it, I tried a few things but to be honest I'm afraid to touch anything else I may screw something else instead and I rather wait until I get the right help from someone who knows what is doing, Good to hear from you John, take care and hope to see you soon.

blueskydriver

| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

N737AG

Hey Scott

Great to have you in Florida in March. Maybe I'll join yo too in trying to figure Sam's flickering CDU's out.

Axel

BimmerCop

That is an awesome setup, Scott!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Sean

Scott, that's the strongest argument I've seen to date for TV's over projectors. I'm really impressed with your setup.

I'm in Florida next week for 2 weeks holiday. How easy is it to get to Sugar Grove, IL???

Sean

XOrionFE

Hi Sean,  it is about a 2.5 hr flight up to Chicago (either to ORD or MDW) from Orlando.   I live about 45 minutes from either and happy to play taxi so long as outside my work hours which is basically normal business hours .  You are more than welcome to come by if you have the opportunity.  Just let me know so I can coordinate with you.

Scott

Aerosim Solutions

Hi Scott,
Just when I've decided which projectors to get, Nthusim etc your video throws a huge spanner in the works. Now I'm back at the crossroads - cheers Scott! Your set up looks awesome, this is going to need a deep rethink. I was planning on doing my visuals this August, my new year's resolution - to get my sim going again this year and I think it is do-able!!!

Cheers Gwyn
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

rhysb

Scott,

I have been away working for a couple of weeks and just catching up with posts now.

As an xplane convert like yourself I can honestly say this is epic! Looks awesome bud. Great stuff.

I'm on the next flight to Chicago!!!

PS I don't have Innsbruck in my copies of xplane??

Rhys b
One wheel landings, tail scrapes... just doing my best!!
737 classic sim. Xplane 10 64bit on 3 i5 pc's. FDS IBL overhead, FDS CDU's & CCU's, Simvionics Panels, CP Flight MCP/EFIS, engravity & homemade MIP, prosim737, project magenta, GLB interior panels.

fsaviator

Now here is the real question Scott, since you're using LCDs...

have you tried to run 3D on them yet through the video card?  I just discovered the 3D preview feature for my 670.  Wow.  Even with just a cheap pair of stereoscopic (red/blue) glasses I was blown away.  I can't imagine what that would look like on your five surround screens.
Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

jskibo

Less than 4 years to retirement......

XOrionFE

Quote from: rhysb on February 12, 2013, 01:18:54 PM
Scott,

I have been away working for a couple of weeks and just catching up with posts now.

As an xplane convert like yourself I can honestly say this is epic! Looks awesome bud. Great stuff.

I'm on the next flight to Chicago!!!

PS I don't have Innsbruck in my copies of xplane??

Rhys b

Thank you Rhys

You are welcome anytime!    As for Innsbruck....I think it came with the demo.

XOrionFE

Quote from: fsaviator on February 12, 2013, 02:40:42 PM
Now here is the real question Scott, since you're using LCDs...

have you tried to run 3D on them yet through the video card?  I just discovered the 3D preview feature for my 670.  Wow.  Even with just a cheap pair of stereoscopic (red/blue) glasses I was blown away.  I can't imagine what that would look like on your five surround screens.

Hmmm, I will have to check that.  I know my TVs don't have the 3d feature but not sure about mp my cards.

BimmerCop

Scott, you think I would be able to get away with 55" TVs instead of 60"? I am doing a C172SP cockpit and my MIP is just 40 1/2" wide. I ran some quick numbers and with 55" TVs, I would end up with a diameter of 9.5 feet which would have me almost 5 feet away from the TVs. Does this sound right? 5 feet from 55" TVs would be almost an optimal viewing distance, but I want to make sure I got my math correct.

XOrionFE

Quote from: BimmerCop on February 12, 2013, 03:51:15 PM
Scott, you think I would be able to get away with 55" TVs instead of 60"? I am doing a C172SP cockpit and my MIP is just 40 1/2" wide. I ran some quick numbers and with 55" TVs, I would end up with a diameter of 9.5 feet which would have me almost 5 feet away from the TVs. Does this sound right? 5 feet from 55" TVs would be almost an optimal viewing distance, but I want to make sure I got my math correct.

55s would probably be fine for a 172.  In fact maybe even 47s but the problem is that the smaller you go the shorter the height and really the closer in you want to bring them to the cockpit so you don't see the edges.

BimmerCop

Quote from: XOrionFE on February 12, 2013, 04:20:26 PM
Quote from: BimmerCop on February 12, 2013, 03:51:15 PM

55s would probably be fine for a 172.  In fact maybe even 47s but the problem is that the smaller you go the shorter the height and really the closer in you want to bring them to the cockpit so you don't see the edges.

Yea, that's exactly what I thought. I think in my situation, 55" would be a good compromise. Thanks, Scott.

rhysb

Scott,

What traffic program are you using for the traffic at the airport?

Thanks

Rhys b
One wheel landings, tail scrapes... just doing my best!!
737 classic sim. Xplane 10 64bit on 3 i5 pc's. FDS IBL overhead, FDS CDU's & CCU's, Simvionics Panels, CP Flight MCP/EFIS, engravity & homemade MIP, prosim737, project magenta, GLB interior panels.

XOrionFE

Quote from: rhysb on February 14, 2013, 12:12:26 PM
Scott,

What traffic program are you using for the traffic at the airport?

Thanks

Rhys b

nothing extra.  Just built in

Sean

Quote from: XOrionFE on February 10, 2013, 10:41:58 AM
Hi Sean,  it is about a 2.5 hr flight up to Chicago (either to ORD or MDW) from Orlando.   I live about 45 minutes from either and happy to play taxi so long as outside my work hours which is basically normal business hours .  You are more than welcome to come by if you have the opportunity.  Just let me know so I can coordinate with you.

Scott

Sorry Scott, just catching up with the forums now, sat round the pool with a cuppa first thing in the morning. What a life! Of all the countries the British Empire once 'ruled', why on earth did we keep the one with the worst weather?!?

Thanks for the invite. By normal working hours, I take it you work Monday to Friday, and weekends are free? Not sure if I'll be able to escape yet, but I can work on it! What's the weather like up there, you had any of the snow I keep seeing on TV?

Sean

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate