Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 10:11:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
23 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 41
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 23
Total: 23

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

windows 7 and Updating

Started by iwik, January 31, 2016, 09:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwik

Hi All,
Whats happened to the Updating feature Win 7 has. Its been a we while since I did an
install. In the past after a install, you went to "Check for Updates" and in a short while
you got a list of updates required.
Now the Checking for Updates just goes on for ages and reports nothing. Is great that
if one has an older version of Win 7 with little security patches and the update service is not available then you are really vulnerable.
I have tried a few installs and in one occasion I just left it  going over night and it picked up 199 updates. The next install left it overnight and nothing.
What goes, any IT Gurus can shed some light on this for me. Thanks cos its frustrating
me like hell. Don't like having to run my PC and exposing myself to everything
Thanks
Les

mbunjes

It's a well known issue. You could try this Microsoft troubleshooting tool : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/gp/windows-update-issues/en-us

good luck

Martin

iwik

Thanks Martin,
After leaving the PC on over night it now given me the updates(219). Wonder if the system is now much slower by the introduction of Win 10 and its auto updating.
Regards
Les

mbunjes

I think you might be pleasantly surprised...I updated all my computers to Windows 10 and never looked back.

Bob Reed

I do this on a regular basis, 219 updates = 960 some megabytes in update size. Takes a while to install as well.

xplanematt

As an IT guy for my day job and a sim builder in my spare time, let me offer this: if your Win7 PC is primarily for running your sim, don't waste your time with updates.

Matt

757Simulator

Agree with Matt. Turned that crap off long ago.

Mike

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate