Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 01:57:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
555 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 588
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 555
Total: 555

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

More sim progress

Started by ivar hestnes, February 17, 2010, 11:38:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ivar hestnes

The backwall is painted. But still a few bits and pieces to make before the backwall is complete. A few pictures :)

A peak from the outside  :)

And a few weeks ago I won an Ebay auction for two real Ipeco seats. (My wet dream). They are in mechanically perfect condition, but could need new cushions. But I like the "used" appearance also. Well, believe me, the sim now feels like a real CAE sim to sit in. This really did the trick. Very fun to fly this now :)

Add a couple more pictures of the sim in use with the experimental 225 degree visual that still needs a curved screen and three new short throw beamers.

My dream is getting closer to the finishing line now. Not too much missing really. I hope to have the sim roughly finished this year. At least the "big" items. There will always be something to rebuild and improve later anyway. And not to forget the maintenance, lol.

:)

ETomlin

Ivar,

Your project really sets out to attain and make the 'Gold Standard' for home sims. Very nice looking project. I really appreciate all the info and pictures you've shared over the years even though Im an LJ45 builder.

thanks!
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

Trevor Hale

OMG That is a picture perfect device.  Your paint job looks incredible.  I am so jealous.

Fantastic stuff.. 

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

ivar hestnes

Thanks Eric and Trevor :)

There is a big issue with the paintjob though. I need to repaint the rest of the interior now. To get away the glossy paint, lol. Looks sooo much better with a matt finish. RAL 7031 used in the back. tried with 7011 first, but it was too dark for my taste.

So the glossy paint will only be on the outside of the shell later :)

mpl330

WOW - fantastic stuff!!!

Great work Ivar
Cheers
Mike

XOrionFE

:P :P :P

Awesome job....I am jealous too!   

Scott

Maurice

Cut it out Ivar!!!!!    :camp:  I'm completely out of drool, so my mouth is getting really dry now. I'm not sure whether you are motivating me or depressing me as I know my sim will never ever looks as good as yours.  ;)

Anyway, what did you mean by experimental 225 degrees visuals? Are you trying the same setup as Nic with 5 separate windows/views ?

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

when acting as a wave

This is just insanely great! Phenomenal.
Ruscool Electronics Limited
Manufacturer of backlit panels and other parts
Ruscool Blog

Boeing Skunk Works

Outstanding work Ivar. It looks like you could hop in and fly it right out of the house!
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

ivar hestnes

Thanks guys :) I hope the images can be motivation for some. For sure it is possible to make a realistic sim out of wood if patient enough :)

Maurice. The so far experimental visual is a NicD setup. 5 undocked windows. Left, left fwd, fwd, right fwd, right. It take some time to understand how to play with this. I will make a tutorial on my webpage when I have done more.

There are a few advantages with this setup. Of course nothing beats a 225, lol. But triplehead2go users is annoyed with "mushroom" style lights on the scenery. This issue will vanish. Also I believe the image quality is better compared to triplehead forward view only, which is kind of "foggy" sometimes. Cant say this for sure though. But image quality is very good. Also you get a very good sense of speed when flying. I use FSX and are bothered with sudden stutters on high FPS. (from 20 fps and up). These stutters are gone. FPS is also much more stable.

Backdraws. FPS here also, lol. Significantly drop in frame rates compared to a normal fwd view. Very high end computer needed. My computer specs can be found on my webpage.  And you will get 4 black lines on the screen, but its not an issue really.

My FSX settings is very high except for DX10 and bloom. Traffic 100%. (road traffic OFF). Not done any special tweaking in FSX.cfg. On a local flight in Norway with lots of terrain I have frame rates from 13 on the ground to 48 in the air. ASA real weather running. So far I am happy with the result. Still more things to test/tweak though. And I need three new beamers and a curved screen, lol.

jackpilot

sorry Ivar, your Sim is NOT complete.
[ebay]280467395092[/ebay]

Jack

ivar hestnes

hehehe
Very true Jack. Have been thinking of installing some of those, but...... I would probably kill myself on them while running around the sim looking for the light-switch ;D

jackpilot

Yeahh, running around the sim.....!!!

Jack

warvet

Ivar,
Imagine the most complimentary thing anyone could say to you x it by 10 add 500 and you'll have 1/2 what I think of the job you've done and how i feel about you and your skills.
Nuff said
Your Friend Always
Tim
"Want Some,Get Some, Bad Enough Take Some!:D "

Maurice

Quote from: warvet on February 19, 2010, 12:38:02 AM
Ivar,
Imagine the most complimentary thing anyone could say to you x it by 10 add 500 and you'll have 1/2 what I think of the job you've done and how i feel about you and your skills.
Nuff said
Your Friend Always
Tim

Typical Tim....always wanting to start a war...bidding war this time  ;D. This one could get ugly if Ivar keeps adding 'finishing touches'  ;)

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate