Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:09:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
114 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 121
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 114
Total: 114

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

MSI 2011 X99A Godlike Gaming motherboard - USB devices cause endless reboot

Started by Michael_B737_ATP, September 25, 2016, 05:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael_B737_ATP

Hi Everyone,

Having trouble with one of my computers, its an MSI 2011-X99A Godlike Gaming Motherboard. If I plug in "ANY" USB device, the computer will not boot up, it goes into an endless reboot cycle.

If I pull out the USB devices she boots up just fine, when I plug in the USBs after boot up they work.

Been on MSI's website and cannot find a bios update on their site at all.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Mike

RayS

maybe the BIOS boot sequence is set up to look for a bootable USB device first (And nothing else?)
Ray Sotkiewicz

Michael_B737_ATP

Hi Everyone,

Issue has been solved.

I find it hard to believe that a multiple computer build given to Jetline Systems (after all the rave reviews I read) at a cost of $10,500.00 would result in simple items (like drivers) not getting installed at all. I just spent the better part of two days isolating and correcting something that never should of been allowed to leave their workbench.

As I have posted here and on other sites, the main server visual computer kept rebooting once it was hooked up, I was told by Ken to unplug the unit for ten minutes and then plug it back in. This worked once and never again. I finally isolated the problem to "ANY" USB device that I hooked up to the server, as it turns out they never installed the USB drivers.

I've since found a few other issues on the left and center visual computers as well, you would think at a price of over ten grand they would pay more attention to detail and TEST the unit before shipping. Last thing on my mind was a driver issue due to non-installation, I was thinking of using them to install my wrap around screen, but I do not have any faith in their ability to get the job done right without me having to correct any issues missed by them.

Don't get me wrong, Ken is a nice guy. But attention to detail should be priority one, how do you miss drivers... That should of been done as soon as Windows was finished installing.

I need some sleep, been up for a VERY long time working this out.

Needless to say, I'm not a happy camper right now!

Michael_B737_ATP

Hi Everyone,

I just spent over an hour on the phone with Ken, I believe it was a productive conversation and I have been reassured that EVERYTHING will be working correctly once the build is finished. They are finishing up the last computer and I am upgrading to P3D3.4 and installing the airports that have been left out.

The USB issue is being taken care of and I should have a USB controller (provided by Jetline at no cost to me) in the server soon. Overall I am happy with the discussion I had with Ken and we will continue with the installation of the networked setup.

As soon as the flightdeck is up and running, I'll have some additional videos for everyone

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate