Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 09:14:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
541 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 584
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 541
Total: 541

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Limits using Keyboard Card

Started by christoph87, April 10, 2010, 01:34:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

christoph87

Hello everybody,

thanks for helping me out already.

I´ve got a question concerning the Interface of my Keyboard. I´ve read in several forums that via MouseMacro you can control as many switches with you want---- just with a Keyboard Chip-Board.

I´ve now tried it out and there is a certain maximum amount of switches that can be pressed simultaneously.
How did you solve the problem? A USB Keyboard can by the way have more buttons being switched on at the same time.

If you push too many buttons, The Computer refuses input...

Any clue on that???

Regards
Christoph

bussgarfield

Christoph

I do not have much knowledge with USB key cards but take at look at Ians site at www.737ng.co.uk - Ian is a mind of information and his site goes into great detail about using permantly on switches and momentary switches.
It may well be that your card will not except more than one permantly on switch being on at the same time.

Gary
Gary Buss
Intel E8500, EVGA NF780i mobo, 8 GB DDR2 ram, 500GB SATA2 HD, TH2Go, 3 X NVIDIA GF9800 GT 512mb GPU's, 780W PSU, Vista 64 home, 3 X HANNS-G 22" monitors.
Running - FSX, FSUIPC/WideFS, FSX Booster, FSXpand, SIOC and numerous add on aircraft and utilities.

ian@737ng.co.uk

hello christph........
i'm not 100% sure of what you mean by your question, but i think you mean how many switches can be in an 'ON' state when attached to your keyboard card or you are getting 'odd' keysends when you throw a switch to the ON state.
in my early days, i had a bad time with keyboard encoders giving me bad and odd keysends.
i used to use the Opencockpits USBKeys card.     then i sat down one day and worked out why i was having issues.    because keyboard cards use a matrix system, it is possible to get 'loopback'. that is where the continuity finds an easier way to make a contact than the one you intend.
so, i sat down and devised a diode system to stop this happening.
just have a look at these .pdf files which just might help you out if you are using the Opencockpits card.
http://www.737ng.co.uk/USBKeys.pdf
http://www.737ng.co.uk/usbkeysconnections.pdf
good luck captain and hope you get it sorted......
regards from wales ... ian
FS9 - PMDG/Prosim737 - Pokeys - Lots of BU0836X and a BEER FRIDGE :D

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate