Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:22:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
178 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 161
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 178
Total: 178

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

What have you done for your simulator today?

Started by blueskydriver, January 14, 2018, 04:01:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor Hale

Tony,

That's beautiful work.  I wish I had done more paperwork like that for my build.  record keeping is always the last thing we do, and honestly should be the first.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

blueskydriver

Hey Everyone,

Been working on the change over, but I'm back on FSX (dual boot setup) in order to figure things out regarding fsuipc and other hardware settings to make for P3D.

So, I got everything running fine in FSX except one issue. If I'm remote accessing the FSX PC from a client PC using either TightVNC or TeamViewer to make changes and such, since when the projectors are running it's to hard to see the menus, I keep getting image flicking from FSX in full screen mode on the remote PC. FSX on the projectors is fine in either full or window modes, but it's like what gets sent to the remote PC is confused.

I am running NTHUSIM and turned it on/off and that's not the problem. I'm about to upgrade the NVIDIA driver, but this was never happening before. Also, this is setup on a Matrox Triple Head and that's not an issue for any video it sends out to the projectors.

Basically, I'm not sure why the image to the remote PC is flicking. What I mean by flicking is, if I have 3 views setup and while setting at a gate/airport (no matter which one) the remote PC image inside TightVNC or TeamViewer flicks between each view from the FSX PC and it even removes the airport building through one of the flicks...like 4 flicks, left, center, right, no building, then repeat.

Anyone have an idea what might cause this?

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

blueskydriver

Think I figured it out... Somehow, I changed the resolution in FSX to a smaller value, where it should've been 3840x800x32 matching the settings in the Matrox Power Desk settings. I changed it to the correct values and no more flicking in the remote programs....

What's that saying "try and try again!", more like beat head on keyboard, knock self out with mouse and punch your monitor, and then curse a lot...sooner or later the computer gives in...LOL!

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Joe Lavery

You're becoming very violent in your old age John  8)  :laugh:
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

Joe Lavery

This is where I am at, with P3D and ProSim.
I still have lots of configuration and tweaks to get it working nicely.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

navymustang

Looks very nice. But how to you deal with the monitor bezel right in the middle of your eyepoint, especially during an approach?

I assume you have the eyepoint set to the pilot side or it is switchable via ViewGroups.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

jackpilot

Jack

Joe Lavery

Thanks Jack, not in your league but better than the open version I had before. But as we all say it's never finished.

The eyepoint isn't something I thought about, but to be honest like the bezels you get used to it.
I seem to line up just off centre and once you're at a certain distance it doesn't matter anyway.  8)

The pics attached show more of the final structure as I was building it.
Since setting it up I've blanked off the side windows as well, I think it's more immersive that way. Although if I had the room I would add two more small screens.

jackpilot

I blanked those sides too..
With the front view covering the whole windshield, the movement of the aircraft is convincing enough (banking and Up/down.
Very well done !

Jack

Joe Lavery

I agree, it beats sitting in front of a monitor with a Saitek joystick in hand. Yet, I imagine all started out that way, well most of us:  8)

I guess it's whatever a person feels is realistic enough, and as long as the flying is enjoyable, what difference does it make.

Joe.

sagrada737

Hello Joe,

Congratulations on the progress with your 737 Sim!  Very nice attention to detail...  Great job!

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

Joe Lavery

Thank you Mike,

That's high praise indeed from someone with a full motions sim.
It's something I would have loved to have a go at, but we're quite restricted for space here in the UK.

Keep well.
Joe.

blueskydriver

Super awesome Joe! You made it look easy and showed us all that a large size sim can be done in a very limited space.

Thus, for new/researching builders with not much room, take a look at what Joe has done...you can do the same  ;D

John

_alioth_

Today I have remove the flight1tech standalone GTN 750 software, and remove the mini pc inside the cockpit.
Now I use rxp gtn 750 software in the main computer.
I have recoded everything in order to use the physical knobs and buttons with the RXP.

Arturo.

Joe Lavery

Thank you John, after seeing the size of your workshop I'm surprised you haven't built a full size aeroplane.

How many shells have you got in there so far?  ;)

Joe.

MistyBlue

Finished the LFE, overhead speakers and Aural Warning Module wiring to the amps. LFEs and OH speakers work like a champ.  Just need to finish my 3D-printed AWM design now.  Coming along nicely.

Also experimenting with cockpit airflow.  I was going to go all complicated with the MIP gasper vents connected to tubes and a powerful fan, but a small quiet PC fan connected to some short 3D-designed tubes may do just the trick and keep things a little simpler.  Not as much airflow, but still decent enough to move some air.

This weekend my rebuilt RevSim TQ started to give off some electrical smell and had to shut the whole thing down to prevent burning the place down.  Need to find out what happened.  Think one of the solenoids got stuck and overheated.  It may be time to start looking for a replacement.

Jason L

I guess it is more of what I'm doing tomorrow lol.  Picking up my CFY throttle from the post office, it finally cleared customs after sitting there for over 30 days.

blueskydriver

Hey Jason,

Pics, pics and more pics of it please....

John

Jason L

Quote from: blueskydriver on November 07, 2021, 04:50:48 PMHey Jason,

Pics, pics and more pics of it please....

John

I will, and I'll try to do an unboxing video too.

blueskydriver

blueskydriver

This past weekend I tried getting some flights in on my full-size sim and all goes well at first, but having problems with not being able to re-engage the AP CMD after an ILS attempt and turning it off a DH. For example in a Go-Around.

All the other MCP buttons work except either CMD. I've looked at all flight control axis too make sure there is no movement, have everything centered, check the ignore axis box in ProSim737 MCP Settings (not sure the exact name of the box, but it's supposed to ignore the movements and allow MCP CMD to engage).

I'm using a G2 Card which works fine, but it's only this AP issue. Currently, I'm running ProSim737 v2, but had this issue in v1 and that's what deterred me too stay with PM a little while longer. Also, I have v3 and need too try out it there yet.

Funny thing, in all these years, I noticed that be it PM or ProSim the MCP/AP has always been a difficult issue for both programs. Be it tracking, ILS approach or AP engagement. Not being negative towards either, as I understand it's a difficult task too get right. However, is this the same thing for SimA, how does it deal with the AP; what are the biggest known problems with that or the MCP in general?

Lastly, I will figure it out of course, but I do miss the times when I could fly from point A to B without any issues; albeit, no full stop ILS autoland being used....

John

sagrada737

Hi John,

You might try the following:

- Turn OFF both F/D switches, then back ON, CA side first, the FO side.
- You also can try to DISENGAGE the CMD, using the toggle switches, or on some MCPs, the Bar

It is sometimes the case with Sim-Avionics that the above can be done to "fix" the problem you described.  I'm not sure if this might be the same for ProSim.

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

FSAddon_boss

Ordered an Arduino Mega 2560 R3 today..... with 5 Euro Balck Friday discount  :D  :D  :D  :D
Best regards,
Francois
retired

jackpilot

@ John

To reset you have to click both FD to off to clear the FMA.
Boeing procedure.

Jack

FSAddon_boss

Been tinkering with some of the hardware and software. Trying out some of the setup, started building a center console for the throttles and the Saitek AP.
Best regards,
Francois
retired

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate