Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:48:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
136 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 136
Total: 136

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

PFD Bezel measurements needed

Started by ifeliciano, March 20, 2018, 08:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ifeliciano

I have the documents from MARKUUPILOT with the overall size of the PFD, ND, bezel, but i'm not finding the specific width of the bezel. I have marked the inserted image with two locations, A & B. Can someone with a OEM 738 MIP assist with measurements?

jeffreyk

Hi there!

Actually it's not an OEM MIP you're after but an OEM DU.

I doubt simmers have those but if one does, I would like to know too for my own future build :)

Perhaps someone from maintenance or a helpful pilot can give some guidance on your question.

Cheers,
Jeffrey

Karl737

Hi guys,

A= 11/32"
B= 3/4"

Cheers,
Karl

Joe Lavery

Or if you work in mm,

A = 8.7mm
B = 19mm

These are almost exact conversions but many third party MIP frames will be 9 and 19mm
In fact my Engravity MIP is 11mm and 20mm

Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

Bob Reed

Actually the bezels and glass on my MIP are real. If you need any other measurements let me know.

ifeliciano

ifeliciano

Forgot to ask, but what does the top of the bezel and the gaps between the bezels measure ?

Bob Reed

D=5mm As for the gap, remember that these are slide out units so that is going to be a little different on every set. Mine are right together so I can not help much.

ifeliciano

Quote from: Bob Reed on March 22, 2018, 12:44:26 PM
D=5mm As for the gap, remember that these are slide out units so that is going to be a little different on every set. Mine are right together so I can not help much.

Thanks Bob.  I just literally became aware the DU's slide out with the bezel attached (reading Flaps 2 Approach site). I'll probably set the gap somewhere between 2mm and 4mm. 

jackpilot

Basically no gap, one or two mm max

Jack

ifeliciano

Karl737

If you are OCD like me, gap is 1/16th (Boeing use imperial measurements) or 1.6mm.

Cheers,
Karl

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate