Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 07:14:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
557 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 584
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 557
Total: 558

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Landing Light Switches?

Started by matta757, April 24, 2010, 02:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

makoy

FS9 / Posky 777 / OC cards and sioc / FreeFD / VasFMC / ProMFD / FSuipc & WideFS / 3 PCs / 3 projector / all homemade. https://www.facebook.com/MakoysB777er

Boeing Skunk Works

The original is not a locking type.
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

Emesis

Mike is correct, they are not locking toggle switches. Actually the arm of the switch triggers a plunger type mechanism as shown in the pictures. So they have a completely different feel then a toggle switch.

Cheers

makoy

I tought  landing lights are locking style, then i cant help you guys.
Well,  i save some money, i just use normal one  ;D
Thanks.

Marco
FS9 / Posky 777 / OC cards and sioc / FreeFD / VasFMC / ProMFD / FSuipc & WideFS / 3 PCs / 3 projector / all homemade. https://www.facebook.com/MakoysB777er

fordgt40

Mike

I meant that on my overhead panel there is no integral backlighting, this has to be provided separately, hence the need to keep the switches small. This is not uncommon with many of the overhead panel suppliers. Also, the area where the landing light switches are affixed is actually not through the decorative panel but the  metal back carrier, so that the gripping thickness of circa a few mm is not an issue. Doubtless your comments are valid where other circumstances exist

David

jackpilot

You can use a strong HD automotive paddle toggle, they do not rotate and the best ones are still cheap. The paddle can be shaped then.

Jack

Boeing Skunk Works

I'm actually using one of those for the backlighting control on my overhead. I think it's a 30 amp and it's the only one I haven't burned up yet in three or so years. It should be a rotary rheostat but those are rather pricey when all you want is on/off.

In several photos of the 727 overhead I've seen what appears to be non-standard or 'stock' toggle switches as replacements. Some have a very long baton, or a flat paddle. Similar to the switches on the Sperry SP50 but with a longer paddle. They stick out quite a bit compared to their neighbors.
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate