Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 10:48:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
566 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 589
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 566
Total: 566

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Bank angle adjustment.

Started by jackpilot, May 02, 2010, 06:13:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackpilot

When I tried the new FDS MCP I played with the Bank angle rotary which works impeccably and is a definite plus!
The top knob adjusts the heading and the lower one the Bank Angle at 10 15 20 25 30
My previous generation MCP does not have this feature.
Is there a way (through offsets?) to adjust the angle "on the fly" with contacts to a rotary.

Jack

Boeing Skunk Works

That's a nice feature to have. In the 727 you just keep the knob turned 'till it rolls over onto it's back.  :P

Well, no you don't really, but if you didn't roll it back to center it would just keep on increasing.

Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

ETomlin

There's some stuff in FSUIPC that would make this happen but you need to know some programming I think. We know it's possible at least via a custom AP as PMDG did it with the 737 and Im sure the 747 (dont know though there). Bottom line, you need it done via a software programmer. If your avionics supplier would develop it, then they would give you the custom offsets to interface it with. At least this is how we are developing JET45 for the Learjet builders :-)
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

Bob Reed

Quote from: ETomlin on May 04, 2010, 05:07:17 AM
There's some stuff in FSUIPC that would make this happen but you need to know some programming I think. We know it's possible at least via a custom AP as PMDG did it with the 737 and Im sure the 747 (dont know though there). Bottom line, you need it done via a software programmer. If your avionics supplier would develop it, then they would give you the custom offsets to interface it with. At least this is how we are developing JET45 for the Learjet builders :-)

It is not the same for PM. PM uses it's own AP programing, in other words it does not use FlightSims Autopilot. So it had to be programed into the software and I am sure there are offsets to use it. I do not have my offset list here but I know it must be there. If anyone is interasted just send a email to PM I am sure they can give you the offsets.

Boeing Skunk Works

Just use the mouse capture function in FSUIPC with multiple position switch. No programming required.

jackpilot

That is a great idea, but does'nt it mean that the image of the MCP has to be on?
I did not even check if that function is active on the PM MCP soft....is it ?
JP

Jack

dnoize

The bank angle is implemented in PM.

They alleady made it functional in version 428 for our flyengravity/cpflight mcp which has the dual concentric bank angle selector also.

I have no doubt Enrico will implement it for the new FDS MCP also (if its not allready done !)

Stef

Boeing Skunk Works

Quote from: jackpilot on May 04, 2010, 09:07:55 AM
That is a great idea, but does'nt it mean that the image of the MCP has to be on?
I did not even check if that function is active on the PM MCP soft....is it ?
JP

No. The window for the unit does not need to be open for this feature to work. That's why this program feature is so important to unsupported builders.

jackpilot

Thats great news, I will check the manual.
As PM has that function, problem seems to be solved.
Will report.
Thanks Mike.
JP

Jack

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate