Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 10:13:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
526 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 526
Total: 527

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Toggle Switch Boeing Solenoid

Started by jackpilot, May 11, 2010, 06:28:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackpilot

I got this new solenoid switch on EBay  for $9.99.
Not sure what it is, APU start?
Any idea?

Jack

Trevor Hale

Not sure jack..  Looks neat though, and if you got it for 10 bucks, thats a great deal.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

jackpilot

Jack

Bob Reed

There are a number of switches that are supposed to work that way in the overhead.... But would work great for APU if it is 3 position...

MLeavy737

Seems that would make a nice APU start switch.. Also keep in mind that you would not have to use the solenoid part if you used it for a 737 APU..

Mike Leavy
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

XOrionFE

i have one of those just like that that I got from Nick at APHS.   He said it was for the APU start.    I was going to use it but it wont on my overhead in that spot due to spacing with other switches so i will ebay it.   

Based on what you paid I would say you found a great buy.

dnoize

It probably comes from a 747 (100/200: aux power panel - not locking in the center position) or 727 (engine bleed panel - pull to unlock the center position).

If so the solenoid will hold in both ends and only the center position is locked (with the 727 switch).

Although most 737 apu switches dont have solenoids, it IS an option. In those cases the solenoid only holds the APU start position and the OFF and ON positions are fixed (without solenoid), both positions locking - pull to unlock.  (as far as i know).

If you want to use it as a 737 APU start switch you need to find a way to lock the OFF position also since it spring returns to center (ON) when the solenoid is powered.

If its one of the above switches, both positions are powered by the same terminals, so not 2 independent solenoids.

Either case, at 10$ its a bargain anyway !

Stef

Efe

This is what Nick has on his site as the 737 APU start switch.

dnoize

dnoize

it can easily be modfied though.....on top of the switch you can see a small metal blade. This has a hole in the middle (where the lever locks in the center position.)

You can easily drill a hole in the top (off position) as well so it locks there too without using the solenoid.

then you have to pull the lever to get it out of the OFF position and out of the ON position and you can use the solenoid for the START position.

But like i said earlier: 9 out of 10 737's DONT have a solenoid APU start switch.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate