Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 18, 2024, 09:28:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
52 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,638
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 99
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 52
Total: 52

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

helicopter turbine engine sounds

Started by navymustang, December 06, 2021, 12:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

navymustang

I am trying to tailor my engine sounds so that there is a noticeable change in pitch and volume in the turbine(s) as it goes from ground idle to flight idle.
In the sound.cfg file for P3d I am fumbling as to which parameter P3D expects to be the N1 or N2 turbine sound that varies using the rparam and vparam entries. Is that the jet_whine sound? If so, it always stays at a single pitch regardless of fuel flow for idle or flight. That's a 40% change in N1, so there will (should) be a very noticeable difference. I have great rotor sound that varies with RPM and great startup and shutdown sounds. I just need a turbine (idle) sound that varies with fuel flow.
OK for those who don't know, almost every add-on helo I have checked does not do this, so it may be a limitation of the helo version of the turbine.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

MistyBlue

I don't know if this will help, but here's a Dovetail SDK doc I found a little while back when I was working on improving my ProSim sound set and dived into sound creation a bit.  It was pretty challenging, to say the least.  I think in part because some things are controlled by the model that you just can't can't manipulate with just the sound.cfg.

navymustang

This is an excellent article, it adds to some papers I already have. Thank you.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate