Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 07:42:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
520 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 546
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 520
Total: 520

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

LEVEL D 767 Panel question

Started by Richard, July 20, 2010, 05:18:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

Hi All

Has anyone managed to get the PFD/ND from the level D 767 undocked and onto a seperate screen on a different PC?

If so, could you let me know how you went about it in detail please?  Several people have come up with ideas, but I am unable to undock parts of the MIP in windowed mode and drag them about.  The whole MIP moves if you undock anything.

Any help appreciated

Richard

Hessel Oosten

Hi Richard,

Undocking possible to other screesn after editting the panel.cfg file with a text editor.
BUT it must be on the SAME PC.

Much more info and files on the Yahoo 767 builders forum:

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/b767homecockpitbuilders/

Hessel

Kennair

Hi Richard, as Hessel mentioned you'll need to edit the panel config file in order to bring the gauge out on its own, but it can only run on a screen attached to the main FS PC.  If you want to run network panels you'll need software such as PM or Sim-A etc but I don't think any of them do a 767 version.

For greater ease with panel editing I use FS Panel Studio.  Highly recommended as its all drag and drop rather than clumsy and confusing text editing required if you edit the panel directly.

Ken.
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

jackpilot

Quote from: Kennair on July 20, 2010, 10:54:44 PM
clumsy and confusing text editing required if you edit the panel directly.

Ken.
Sorry Ken,   ;D , it is fairly fast and easy.
Especially for one or two gauges only.
The soft you mention makes it too easy!!! lol
Richard if needed I can teach you.

Jack

Richard

Hi Jack

That would be great if you can help.  Up until now I have been unable to do this with any success.  I only need the PFD and ND gauges with no bitmap and yes the monitors will be attached on the 2nd vga output from the FSX card.  I understand the X,Y co-ordinates as Ian S has explained this in great detail but I couldn't get it to work and get them mapped to the 2nd output.  The first output is running a TH2Go for the three view screens.  The FSX PC is a quad core so should deal with the extra load okay I hope.

Many, many thanks for the offer of help.
Richard

jackpilot

let me dig back... I'havnt for a while.
Used to do complete steam gauge and engine separate panels.
Note I do not know FSX but should b the same as 9 for panels.
Be back
jp

Jack

dharrison

Richard,

If you have not seen it, this website may give you some additional insight.

http://www.lekseecon.nl/

Don

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate