Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 10:18:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
512 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 595
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 512
Total: 512

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Glare shield measurement

Started by bussgarfield, August 09, 2010, 10:44:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bussgarfield

Hi all.

I am busy with my construction of the 737 800 and will be posting some pics shortly.

I have one question though in relation to the glare shield before I start posting any pictures.
I have been following the measurements of MarkusPilot and having cut out the glare shield and installed the MCP, it really does seem to be well back into the cockpit. All the pictures I have seen don't show this (unless taken from a different angle). The measurement I have used is 310mm from the top of the MIP out to the front of the MCP as stipulated on his site. Can any of you confirm this please.

Many thanks

Gary

Gary Buss
Intel E8500, EVGA NF780i mobo, 8 GB DDR2 ram, 500GB SATA2 HD, TH2Go, 3 X NVIDIA GF9800 GT 512mb GPU's, 780W PSU, Vista 64 home, 3 X HANNS-G 22" monitors.
Running - FSX, FSUIPC/WideFS, FSX Booster, FSXpand, SIOC and numerous add on aircraft and utilities.

Sean

Hi Gary

i have the Engravity panels, which I understand are 100% to scale. The MCP sticks out 310mm from the MIP. The glare wings another 100mm.

A real one:

jackpilot

310mm yep.
Glarewings:depends on the model but they stick out.

Jack

bussgarfield

Sean/Jack

Many thanks, I can rest easy now.

Best I get the camera out.

Gary
Gary Buss
Intel E8500, EVGA NF780i mobo, 8 GB DDR2 ram, 500GB SATA2 HD, TH2Go, 3 X NVIDIA GF9800 GT 512mb GPU's, 780W PSU, Vista 64 home, 3 X HANNS-G 22" monitors.
Running - FSX, FSUIPC/WideFS, FSX Booster, FSXpand, SIOC and numerous add on aircraft and utilities.

JWS

Sorry, off topic .. but,

I'd like to lay my hands on some of these round "screwy" things that are placed on the (bottom) rim of the MFD"s. You can see them on the picture that Sean showed here. They have a "cross" in the middle for the screw driver.
Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks,
JWS

Sean

Hey JWS

The ones on my Engravity panels actually screw off, so they obviously make them seperate to the frame itself. Why not contact Robert there and get a price for them. I know they sell parts that aren't advertised in their shop, maybe he'll help you out.

Sean

JWS

Quote from: sean nixon on August 11, 2010, 11:16:58 AM
Hey JWS

The ones on my Engravity panels actually screw off, so they obviously make them seperate to the frame itself. Why not contact Robert there and get a price for them. I know they sell parts that aren't advertised in their shop, maybe he'll help you out.

Sean

Ah, good old Robert, I'll ask him. Thanks Sean.

JWS

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate