Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 01:43:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
540 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 540
Total: 540

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Back on the building track

Started by Maurice, August 16, 2010, 03:53:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maurice

After over 2 years in SIM hiatus while preparing to move to my new house, I have finally had some time to resume working on my sim. So the shell from FDS was the first thing I assembled just to renew my enthusiasm which had taken a big hit during the long wait. After that, I started working on my 220 degrees screen and now on my platform .

I am particularly happy about the platform as I designed it with ease of access in mind. There are actually two separate platforms; one holds the shell only and the other one slides into the first and will hold most of the innards except overhead. This way I can work on the various components without the shell getting in the way

The screen is also built onto a movable platform with 20 small casters for easier moving & positioning if needed later (maybe a bit of overkill).

Anyway, lots of work left to finish the screen, add the liners to the shell etc. etc... Follow link below for some pictures of my current progress.

http://community.webshots.com/album/578393990fLjxzB

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

jackpilot

Very good news.
I had the opportunity to visit Mau's basement (and nice new house which actually was built around a dedicated sim space.. :laugh:  ) ...tons of room, obviously put to good use.

The sliding and nesting platform is the best idea I've seen so far  on this Forum!!! (and elsewhere).

Glad to see you back on track.
Jack

Jack

ian@737ng.co.uk

good, good ....... it's a brilliant idea  ;D
i get so frustrated having to distort myself in positions i didn't
know i was capable of just to change an LED in the MIP.
well done maurice now keep up the momentum.
regards

ian
FS9 - PMDG/Prosim737 - Pokeys - Lots of BU0836X and a BEER FRIDGE :D

MLeavy737

Maurice,
   Hey i must have missed your post somehow.. welcome back!! You and I have been on the same flight the last few years it seems.. I went through a tough move about the same time as you as well. Sim was all apart sitting in boxes and crates for a long time.

I had to laugh a little because we must be thinking the same thing when it comes to base design.. Ill put up a picture here of my work in progress.. Still have more to do but it looks like yours!! same wheels too!! lol..

Looks like were in a race to the finish line together :)   

Mike Leavy
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

Maurice

Quote from: MLeavy737 on August 29, 2010, 06:22:35 PM

I had to laugh a little because we must be thinking the same thing when it comes to base design..

Mike Leavy

Guess you don`t like being a contortionist either  :). I tell you, this is also great when installing the liners in the shell. You don`t have to crouch all the time since the shell is elevated and you can stand in the inside at a lower level...a great back saver.

I must say though, it is really, really hard to start all over. In my head, I quit every other day and that is why you really need to find stuff to get you motivated again now & then, like for instance a test flight in a simulator at FDS for instance  or even better, a real flight in a real flight deck  ;).

Cheers,

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

XOrionFE

Keep moving forward Maurice.  Your setup is looking awesome.    We are probably pretty close to each other on our respective builds.  I hope to have my visual done and running in short order and then have to tackle the rudder pedals using your ideas you sent me before.    Hopefully you get your BenQs soon because I have to say, just playing around with the projection late at night is a hellavu lot of fun and highly motivating.

Scott

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate