Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 08:28:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
567 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 557
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 567
Total: 567

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

New Projectors on the way....

Started by XOrionFE, August 24, 2010, 06:05:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XOrionFE

Well I finally found what I think will be a great set of short throw projectors for my sim.    I was planning on the Benq mp782st's but they are next to impossible to get in the US and even seem to be contrained in Canada.  In looking at the woes that Maurice is going through I decided to look around again and low and behold there is a new projector from Mitsubishi that is almost identical in specs to the Benq 872s.   It is the Mitsubishi EW230U-ST.    My cost was just under 1K each so very reasonably priced.    I ordered them today and guess I will be the guinea pig but I am at the stage of my project where I need to get this tested and mounted and hopefully all my calculations are correct.   I am looking at doing a Triplehead2go/3 DLP WXGA Projector/NThusim Pro setup much like Ivar did.   According to Projector Central calculator these give the exact same throw/size ratios as the BenQ's.   Hopefully I can get the 225 degree in my space but would settle for anything over 180.

I will post results here as I get this going.

Scott

Bob Reed

I will be watching this... Love to see what folks are doing for visuales!

jskibo

Me too!  Have my 3 sitting here waiting for time and space to build it out and check out Nthusim. 

Looking forward to see what you put together Scott!
Less than 4 years to retirement......

Maurice

Good decision Scott. Based on no response from BenQ so far, I wonder what would happen if a projector needs servicing some day. Not very re-assuring when there appears to be no way of contacting customer service.

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate