Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 05:07:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
553 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 588
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 553
Total: 553

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

737 Seat J Rails

Started by ian@737ng.co.uk, December 21, 2010, 09:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ian@737ng.co.uk

g'day captains.......
here's something for your 'must have' list  ;D
i was talking to Eren at Revolution Simproducts early in the week and he sent me these
pics of his latest product .......... cockpit seat J rails and bases.
100% copy of the original dimensional movement with lock (there's a comparison shot
with a real set).   to get the idea, he's put a short video up on youtube
revolution simproducts " RAILS FOR COCKPIT SEATS"
cost is about the 240 euro's mark with a discount if a pair is ordered.
contact Eren at sales@revolution-simproducts.com
have a great holiday season chaps and here's to 2011  :cheers:
regards from siberia (wales really, but it feels like the arctic  :'(  )

ian

FS9 - PMDG/Prosim737 - Pokeys - Lots of BU0836X and a BEER FRIDGE :D

ETomlin

That's awesome. I tell ya if I was building a 737, that's what I'd be aiming to get if my seats didnt have them.
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

XOrionFE

Pretty nice but these prices are just way too high I think.   If they were half that I would buy a set but cant see spending that much along with having to deal with the Euro to dollar conversion and shipping to US.   Just too much money.....

Very nice though.

Scott

jackpilot

Clever idea as the main trouble with J Rails is positionning for a smooth slide.
The fact that they are one piece solves that prob.
I usually never object prices but have to agree with Scott.
Nice product.

Jack

ian@737ng.co.uk

g'day chaps.........
totally get your point Scott about the price, but there's a lot of work in these and of course it's not high volume so the economies of scale don't apply.    i'm sure as Eren sells some, then the price may come down because he can make them in batches.     these are machined out and a lot of time is needed to set up to make them.
anyway, here's a couple of other vids Eren sent me.
have a great evening chaps and merry christmas  ;D

ian

REVOLUTION SIMPRODUCTS " RAILS FOR SEATS PART2"
REVOLUTION SIMPRODUCTS "rails fors seats PART3 "

Bob Reed

I feel your pain Ian.. We have not seen the freezing mark since December 1st. Totally not the norm for here. We are also only 1/2" away from having the most snowfall in December in recorded hisory... Sucks to live here and the weather is only 1 of the problems.

XOrionFE

Quote from: ian@737ng.co.uk on December 23, 2010, 05:48:13 AM
g'day chaps.........
totally get your point Scott about the price, but there's a lot of work in these and of course it's not high volume so the economies of scale don't apply.    i'm sure as Eren sells some, then the price may come down because he can make them in batches.     these are machined out and a lot of time is needed to set up to make them.
anyway, here's a couple of other vids Eren sent me.
have a great evening chaps and merry christmas  ;D

ian

I completely understand the economies of scale point Ian and dont get me wrong, I think it is a great and very much needed product and I wish Eren all the best in selling them.   That said, factor in the Euro to US Dollar conversion and the cost of shipping some pretty weighty items to the US and the price is not bearable.   Of course this is only an opinion and the actual market will dictate the success at that price.     On the other hand, we have plenty of companies that need work here in the US and Canada that can do machining like this and all one needs to do is draw something up and they will be happy to cut it out and in the end it will be a fraction of the cost.     That is likely what I will do when I get to that point as I know how to use cad and since I own and can use a cnc I know that once the g-code is done really the work is pretty darn simple.     Again, my opinion only and what my pocketbook would bear is about half of what Eren is selling for but someone else I am sure will be willing to pony up.....time will tell.   And to put my money where my mouth is if Eren decides to drop the price at some point to about half and I havent already built something....I will fork over the cash to Revolution in heartbeat because it certainly fits the bill.

Scott

ian@737ng.co.uk

well, i bit the bullet (i'm just a sucker really).
Two packages arrived here thursday.  ;D  yes that's right J rails  ;D
Then a call from Eren to talk about them. He's telling me that Revolution Simproducts now have stock and are
despatching 'pre-orders'. i had chance yesterday to take a good look at them and here's some shots of
the actual product. because both Eren and I have WEBER seats, he has made some adaptor plates to fit
the claw feet the WEBER's have. these will be made available as an optional extra if you have WEBER seats.
the price of the adaptors will be about 30 euro's per side.
i hope to fit these at the weekend, so i'll post progress as i install them.
take care chaps....

ian

Trevor Hale

Ian,

These look amazing.  Maybe I missed it but what are they made of?  Are they steel?

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

jackpilot

Looks really good and well made Ian.
On this side of the Pond we have this also.
I have seen it on an FDS Trainer and it works super with basically any sort of seat.
http://www.northernflightsim.com/seatrail.shtml

Jack

ian@737ng.co.uk

hello trev.......
yes, they are milled out of steel.  and the 'carrier' has 4 roller ball type bearings which run in
the channels.    to prevent the rollers coming out of the channels, they then place a lip plate screwed
down on the top.         quite clever really  ;)
hope to get onto the installation at the weekend and i'll post pics as it happens  ;D
have a great day....

ian

NeoMorph

Shouldn't this thread be moved to the Builders section as I doubt the J Rails will want to introduce themselves. ;)
John AKA NeoMorph... Gamer, Simmer, AnythingToGetOutOfNormalLife...er

Project: ATR 72-500, Ruscool panels, OpenCockpits Electronics.
Currently Doing: Awaiting coloured acrylic for colouring rear lighting and working on final versions of overhead panel fixtures (Yay, finally!)

Bob Reed

Quote from: NeoMorph on March 01, 2011, 09:08:56 AM
Shouldn't this thread be moved to the Builders section as I doubt the J Rails will want to introduce themselves. ;)

I never noticed that. THank you.

NeoMorph

I only knew because someone told me off for posting info that was already available on the site... I hadn't thought to look for seat rails in the Introductions section when I ran my search.
John AKA NeoMorph... Gamer, Simmer, AnythingToGetOutOfNormalLife...er

Project: ATR 72-500, Ruscool panels, OpenCockpits Electronics.
Currently Doing: Awaiting coloured acrylic for colouring rear lighting and working on final versions of overhead panel fixtures (Yay, finally!)

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate