Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 08:51:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
539 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 584
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 539
Total: 539

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Wideview FS9/FSX

Started by G-BVOB, February 10, 2011, 03:57:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G-BVOB

Folks,

Has anyone got experience of using Wideview with different versions of Flightsim? I just got 2 machines networked and was playing with Fsxpand which works OK, but I don't think is going to do what I want. So plan B is to run my panels in FS9 on my less powerful machine and drive the visuals through a TH2GO on my newer PC. I'm hooked on the Orbx scenery, so it's definitely FSX for the visuals. So far I can't get Wideview to connect, but that's probably me just being stupid  :idiot:

Has anyone got this mix working, or maybe I need to load FSX onto the older machine and run 2 FSX installations - I'm guessing if I throw all the display sliders to minimum and have minimal or no external view on the Master machine (external only on the Client) I should be able to keep frame rates as high as possible.

The benefit of anyone's experience would be much appreciated!
Cheers
Jon
www.g-bvob.net

Sean

I cant help with your specific enquiry Jon, but I seem to remember a problem with Wideview in that AI traffic displays only on the master and not the clients, therefore if your entire externals are on a client, you may not see any other traffic.

I could be talking rubbish, but Ian Sissons demonstrated it during a visit to his sim. Maybe he can answer better.

Sean

Bob Reed

If I recall correctly, with FSX you have AI traffic just fine. FS9 only on the main view... BUT... I would lok at the site for WideView they may have fixed that.  http://www.wideview.it/ 

Maurice

The problem with FSX and Wideview as well is that the AI traffic does not transfer from one view to the next. So you see a plane taxiing in front of you and when he moves to the side it disappears from the side view. You can see AI on the side but it does not synchronize with the front. At least that's what I saw earlier and they may have fixed that since then.

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

firstinflight

Maurice -
I have the same configuration that you describe with FS9. I have 180 degree views for my 737.

Yes, you are correct in that traffic does not flow on to the side views.
Weather gen also is a little erratic. Of course I found that the difference in Wxr is somewhat driven by the differences in the display adapter for each of the 5 PCs (1 primary, 4 supporting each individual wideview Left Front, LR, RF, RR).

The way i got over the traffic issue was to load AI Traffic on to the side view PCs and load the same flight schedule. Its some work initially but then it works well. Even if the plane taxiing in front of you does not appear on the left immediately, at least the airports dont appear totally empty. I did that for one but that machine crashed and i havent rebuilt it back up.

Wideview has apparently fixed both Wxr and Traffic issues with its new version for FSX. Now traffic does appear on the side views if you are using FSX and the most recent version of Wideview. I dont have FSX so havent seen it work in my setup.

Hope this helps.

Firstinflight

www.simulationresearch.net
FSX, Jetstream 737, Prosim737, Engravity CDUs, CPFlight, Active Sky 2012, Ground Environment, AI Traffic, UT Europe, PilotEdge, NThusim, Aerosoft Airports, Dreamteam airports

NeoMorph

They fixed Wideview lacking traffic on the other screen with WideTraffic...

QuoteWidetraffic, available for FSX and ESP, ensures AI and multiplayer traffic synchronization throughout the local area network, so the same airplanes fly at the same time and place on every computer. Since version 1.2, Widetraffic synchronizes also the airport vehicles and, thanks to a distrubuted client - server processing, improves the performance of Flight Simulator when lot of AI Aircrafts are displayed.

WIDETRAFFIC MAIN FEATURES

•  Synchronizes most airport vehicles, AI and Multiplayer aircrafts throughout the LAN, the perfect complement for any WidevieW based cockpit, see the AI aircrafts and the airport vehicles moving from a monitor to the next, as they would come from a single computer;

•  Compatible with Flight Simulator X with or without SP1 / SP2 / Acceleration Pack installed;

•  Compatible with Microsoft ESP (Flight Simulator ESP)

•  May improves the overall system performance, due to client / server distributed tasks (server handles path and flight dynamics, clients handle just the aircraft's shape); AI traffic update frequency can be decreased in favor of own aircraft and global scenery smoothness;

•  Can use the same network cable used by WidevieW or can be configured to use a separated secondary network card;

•  Compatible with most third parties AI aircraft packages, including custom schedules, aircraft models and textures;

•  Works in Windows XP (all editions), Windows Vista and Windows 7. Doesn't require "server" editions, but just any normal network configured under one of these operative systems. Very cheap to setup! Supports mixed operative systems through the network;

• Works with 32 and 64bit editions of Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7. Operative systems can be mixed throughout the network.

• Supports mixed FSX / ESP configurations;

• Supports multi-core / multi-processor platforms;

• Dozens of user's configurable settings to fine tune aircraft quantity, performance and behaviour

• Synchronizes most AI aircraft external animations (landing lights, landing gear, flaps and more)

•  Trial mode available;

•  User's friendly windows to configure all the options.

Sounds awesome...

Oh and I meant to say that I bought FSXpand before I bought the Flight 1 ATR (which was a bit silly as a bunch of the gauges are not accessible to FSUIPC which I didn't know at the time). The good thing about FSXPand is that the gauges are fully configurable. One of the guys on the FSXPand forum actually knocked up an ATR PFD which worked (except no TCAS on the one gauge). I might use the F1 gauges for the PFD's and FSXPand for the center gauges as you can actually use your own graphics in FSXPand gauges. That's on my ToDo list though.

One question, Jon. Why are you using various versions of FS? Is your older machine a LOT older?
John AKA NeoMorph... Gamer, Simmer, AnythingToGetOutOfNormalLife...er

Project: ATR 72-500, Ruscool panels, OpenCockpits Electronics.
Currently Doing: Awaiting coloured acrylic for colouring rear lighting and working on final versions of overhead panel fixtures (Yay, finally!)

G-BVOB

Thanks for the comments, I'd be ecstatic if I could get to the point of worrying about AI traffic, but at the moment Wideview seems to want to do everything except work. OK onto the stage of RTFM  ;D

My old(er) machine only has FS9 installed and when I've ported the panels over to FSX I seem to lose some functionality and the sounds don't work 100%. However I'm sure that can be worked on. But the main reason for sticking with FS9 right now is I can't find the 3rd FSX installation disc ::)

Sean how's your 73 coming along, the rate you were working last year you'd just about have the whole airplane built by now!

Jon

NeoMorph

My copy of FSX only came on two discs with the third being Acceleration (I have FSX Gold). I didn't need to install disc 3 for FSX to work.

I'm guessing you must have an earlier version, Jon?
John AKA NeoMorph... Gamer, Simmer, AnythingToGetOutOfNormalLife...er

Project: ATR 72-500, Ruscool panels, OpenCockpits Electronics.
Currently Doing: Awaiting coloured acrylic for colouring rear lighting and working on final versions of overhead panel fixtures (Yay, finally!)

Sean

Quote from: G-BVOB on February 11, 2011, 11:32:33 AMSean how's your 73 coming along, the rate you were working last year you'd just about have the whole airplane built by now!

Your joking... still a long way to go.

Your's is looking great!

G-BVOB

Sean, that's coming along very nicely, looking good. Have you rebuilt the screen?

Made some good progress this weekend, I found my FSX discs. John you are right FSX is on 2 discs, but I had made a third with the SPs and a few other bits and pieces, confused the hell out of me for a bit. My 3 year old machine will run FSX at 33fps with graphic details at minimum so the server is stable.

Wideview FSX hooked up first go, there must be some querks with mixing FS versions. Initially had a 2 second lag on the client, I've tweaked it and there is now no noticeable lag. Will test the full system tonight, but at least it works in principle.

Jon

Drewsta

Hi guys, Ive just being playing with wideview and 2 networked computers. The wideview works well and very smooth for fs9. I am using the leveld767 and all seems good at this time. However I can't seem to get the landing and taxi lights to show on the front outside visuals on client pc. Anyone have any ideas on this one? I have looked on the outside view on the server pc and they are all turning on and off properly there, just not transfering across to the client for some reason.

Cheers
Drew

Drewsta

I have spoken to Lucianon and there is an addon file for the leveld767 to make the external lights work with a spotview etc. Hopefully this will work and show the landing lights up out the front of my window:) Ill let you know how it goes.

Drew

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate