Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 06:08:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
560 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 588
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 560
Total: 560

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Who has the following?

Started by blueskydriver, February 14, 2011, 03:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueskydriver

Okay, we're still going along with building, flying, building flying... Anyway, here are some questions that we need urgent help with? But first, this post is not about the company or maker of one said item.

If you have the following items in your sim:

1. FDS Cards in use with InterfaceIT
2. PM for B737 to include PMSystems (with all the latest updates)
3. TSR Boeing 737-NG/AutoBrake
4. FSX using ported PMDG 737-700 (800)
5. PM CDU file being PMDG 737-700 or the standard 737-700 file

Alright, using FDS SYS 3 Card and the HI128 card, the problem is, which offsets are used in conjunction with PMSystems (not premade InterfaceIT XMLs) and TSR. Are they the ones for PM Systems or the ones from TSR B737? This is all mainly to do with the Six Packs (inputs and outputs).

Next, has anyone experienced problems with the Hydraulics not working correctly from either updating to PM Systems 176 or using the TSR Offsets over the PM Systems ones?

The problems being the Hyd lights on the OVRHD do not go out, the Yaw Dampner and Wing Anti-Ice will not switch on, the Diff Feel Press is lit, all the Low Pressure Lights are lit, the Hyd on the EICAS is at 97 in the red, and the Six Pack on the Capt has FLT that cannot be extingushed by Master Caution. So, it appears the aircrafts Hyd pumps are not working , but they are. Also, everything worked correctly prior to changing to PM Systems 176.

Finally, if you have the above cockpit setup like we do(maybe that's you Scott or other's), how about doing a Teamspeak 3 (TS3) with us using the Cockpitbuilders TS3 site of: 208.34.83.254 port 9987

Note: again, this is not an issue about FDS, InterfaceIT or their XML offsets.
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

NeoMorph

I was having a look through the PMSystems info when I came across this...

QuotePLEASE NOTE: Do not expect pmSystems
to work if you run it with a/c with
advanced panels of their own. Like PSS
and PMDG. They have their own sys-
tems which will most probably cause
confl icts with pmSystems. We can not
accept bug reports if you are not running
these a/c with default MSFS panels
http://www.projectmagenta.com/resources/pmSystemsIntro.pdf

Sounds like PMSystems + PMDG 737-700 is a no go... :(
John AKA NeoMorph... Gamer, Simmer, AnythingToGetOutOfNormalLife...er

Project: ATR 72-500, Ruscool panels, OpenCockpits Electronics.
Currently Doing: Awaiting coloured acrylic for colouring rear lighting and working on final versions of overhead panel fixtures (Yay, finally!)

Bob Reed

Quote from: NeoMorph on February 14, 2011, 04:27:05 PM
I was having a look through the PMSystems info when I came across this...

QuotePLEASE NOTE: Do not expect pmSystems
to work if you run it with a/c with
advanced panels of their own. Like PSS
and PMDG. They have their own sys-
tems which will most probably cause
confl icts with pmSystems. We can not
accept bug reports if you are not running
these a/c with default MSFS panels
http://www.projectmagenta.com/resources/pmSystemsIntro.pdf

Sounds like PMSystems + PMDG 737-700 is a no go... :(

PMSystems is all the logic for the overhead. PMDG has all the logic as well.. They would fight. I used the PMDG 700 in my sim I just removed all the panels which gets rid of all the PMDG logic, no fighting.

blueskydriver

Not to confuse anyone, but using the PMDG 737-700 without panels and PMSystems has been working quite well for us for sometime now. The last version of PMSystems 142 has been fine.

However, after changing to PMSystem176, the matter of the Hyd (as described above, happened)....BUT and meaning a big but, it might not be 176 is the problem. As of right now, we reinstalled to version 110, all was good. Then, back to version 142 all is good. Working on version 176 to verify this.

What it might be is, admittingly, user error! What happened is this: If you look at the menu for PMSystems you'll see the labels "Check for Hardware" and "I/O Hardware Active". In some way, while clicking on a switch or button, a double click was done accidently and in a spot where the labels are on the menu. Thus, doing this must have turned on the hardware option, but since our FDS Overhead is not finished yet, we're not using hardware mode.

Now, if hardware mode is on and the last switch state for the hydraulics is in off positions, that is where it stays no matter what is selected on the PMSystems on screen panel. After confirming this by reinstalling everything that is the only conclusion.

Finally, you will notice on the menu of version 176, a selection for "double click opens menu", so that means you can deselect the double click option and thereby, avoiding this potential user error. In the case of suggesting a look at the manual; well, it does not state the hardware options labels and how they work for turning them on or off. It is very limited in the verbage on this subject, on page 51 of the March 08 manual.

As for the TSR offsets, it would be nice to know exactly what has to be changed, based on the fact that someone has it working correctly. Thus, sharing your info will make it easy for us.

Again, we're sorry if we confused anyone...

BSD
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

blueskydriver

Major change here! In the above post, we thought for sure the problem to be human error. Now, we recant that decision! Sitting in the cockpit, with PMSystems 176 running and using PMDG 737-700, Project Opensky 737, or default B737-800 in FSX, the Hyd levels will be at 4 redline on the engine gauges and the previously listed items in the Overhead will not work right. We understand it likely not working with non-default aircraft, but this happens with default models.

Therefore, with all running, we switch the PMSystems back to version 142, and then stared it. As it came on line, the gauges for the Hyd drop to 2800 (white range) and then the items on the Overhead work. Surely, we thought human error, but this is not the case!

Until someone tells us otherwise or we hear from PM (will email Enrico), the plan is to stay with version 142. Also, we did double check TSR, no issue with it.

BSD

blueskydriver

As mentioned earlier in this post, we're using TSR. So, here are some questions concerning the button states of the Master Caution, Fire, Recall, Capt and FO AT/ P/RST, AP/ P/RST and FMC P/RST.

Do you use the offsets as listed in the TSR manual?

Offsets=6DB4, 1 Byte Length
bit0-bit7

If so, how are the the buttons applied?

For example, to set the FMC P/RST, you have a down/on state that would have:

Offset=6DB4
Type=Byte
Operation=Set Bit
Bit=4

For the off/up state it's:

Offset=6DB4
Type=Byte
Operation=Clear Bit
Bit=4

Thus, to set this button correctly, you need to have both states programmed, or does only one of the states get used?

Finally, since our Six Pack does not have button function, we programmed the Master Caution to handle Recall as well; anyone see a porblem with that?\

BSD

blueskydriver

What is a 2 Byte Length? Please explain for InterfaceIT.

mikeh

A 2 byte length variable is a 32 bit word. Often used to allow coding of more than 1 function within a variable (lights etc) by toggling 1/0 of a particular bit within the variable.
For generality we have Bytes, Words (2 bytes) and DBytes (64 Bit words)
Hope this helps (indeed hope its correct since it is what my understanding is)

ATR72 build project

jackpilot

Just following the post above ..
Would someone know about an easy book or site  for "Bit/Bytes and Co" Challemged Dummies.??

Jack

mikeh

Just an update thought

Whereas I reckon I was correct when talking about my 64bit machine and editing its registry
I reckon all the software we are using is 16 bit stuff
Thus I reckon a Byte is 8 Bits
a Word is 2 Bytes (U16)
a Dword is 4 Bytes (U32)
and (a new one to me)
a Qword is 8 Bytes (U64)   - (Q = Quad)
Have done some examples from FSUIPC and all seems in order
39F8 = 4byte length - given as a 32bit boolean
39F0 = 8 byte length - given as a floating 64 bit

Sorry if I sent anyone on a wild goose chase
ATR72 build project

Like the Website ?