Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 02:06:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
568 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 584
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 568
Total: 568

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Adjusting views with FS9

Started by jackpilot, April 23, 2011, 04:11:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackpilot

I may have missed something before, but how do you manage to adust the views angle to get lets say three 60° views in FS9, versus the preset 5 views system (left /left front/ front/ right front/right).

Jack

Nat Crea

TH2Go or WideView Jack?

WideView is easy...but i dont have FS9 running anymore sorry...im sure theres people
running FS9 TH2Go... Drew, Ian Cameron?

Nat

wledzian

Within the subject aircraft's panel.cfg file, find the [views] section and edit it so that there are three view directions called out.  I've tested it with View_forward, View_forward_left and view_forward_right.

[Views]
VIEW_FORWARD_DIR= 0.0, 0,0, 0.0
VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_DIR= 0.0, 0.0, 300.0
VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_DIR=0.0, 0.0, 60.0

You may want to use other view directions that don't see much use, such as VIEW_BACKWARD_LEFT_UP or similar.  The actual view redefined doesn't matter much, as long as it's one of the predefined views within fs9, and you're sure to use the same name in the .flt file later.

I'm not sure, but I think you may also be able to define zoom in panel.cfg.  It's worth a try.
Example:
VIEW_FORWARD_ZOOM= 0.54

If setting the zoom there doesn't work, you can create and save a flight with appropriate windows in approximately the right place, and edit the [Window.x] sections of the .flt file.  In each [Window.x] section, you will find the following (example) lines:

ScreenUniCoords= 10, 20, 2700, 5400  (position of each window)
ViewMode=Virtual Cockpit                     (set each window to Virtual Cockpit)
ViewDir=Forward                                   (Set to the appropriate direction)
CockpitZoom=001.00                            (doesn't matter)
VirtualZoom=000.54                              (set this to the appropriate zoom level)

FS9's ScreenUniCoords defines location in screen space, regardless of aspect ratio.  This space is 8192 units wide and 6144 units high.  Recommended positions for a 3-window setup are as follows:

Left window:
ScreenUniCoords= 1, 0, 2730, 6144

Center window:
ScreenUniCoords= 2731, 0, 2730, 6144

Right window:
ScreenUniCoords= 5461, 0, 2730, 6144

jackpilot

Thanks a ton as I do not intend to use wideview as long as traffic is not sync with FS9.
Will give it a try.
Jack

Jack

Drewsta

Hey Jack, Im about to play with the Th2go and wideview with FS9. I'll post results here soon. I have just managed to get the leveld767 running on the pentium D and got the panel intruments to line up perfectly with fs panel studio. Im now about to trial wideview and setup 3 75 degree screens using the main fs computer with Th2go. I have no idea how to do that yet but with some reading and tests I'm sure I'll be able to achieve something.

I'll keep you posted.

Drew

Joe Lavery

Hey Jack,

If I understand correctly is it possible then to show more than three views on three monitors. I use a TH2Go with FS9 and simply expand the view to be 3072 x 768. Which of course is the new monitor setting provided by the TH2Go. Have I missed a great opportunity to get a better forward visual, or have I missunderstood the question. Or possibly the answer, or both  :-[  ???

Cheers
Joe. 
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

jackpilot

Not really an expert at all on that ( actually on more than that!  ) as I was so far quite content using one proj and one front view zoomed back to 70%, concentrating on inside more than outside.
I think that all posts on visuals have been centered on "High End"180-220° three proj systems like Mau's Ivar's, Scott's etc. on circular screens.
I am supposed to checkout the one at Maurice very soon and I will probably be "Woww'ed" but this needs a super PC which I do not have, so at least for the moment I more inclined to look at a 60°X3 views system with moderate zoom as I spend my money inside the cockpit.

All comments highly appreciated Guys....
JP

Jack

wledzian

Unless I'm mistaken, there are 26 cardinal views in FS9, for various combinations of forward, back, left, right, up, down.  Any of these can be redefined in panel.cfg for a particular aircraft.

regarding opportunity for a better visual, that depends.  if you're dead-set on extremely wide FOV, then multiple windows is the only way to go.  If you're happy with ~120 degrees or less, you're better off with a single window.

jackpilot

I just realized that I missed (or forgot) that post where Sean attached a PDF dealing with FS9 and visual tutorial .
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com/community/index.php?topic=1560.0

Jack

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate