Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 03:17:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
554 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 588
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 554
Total: 554

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Wideview

Started by Drewsta, May 06, 2011, 09:09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drewsta

Hi all, I'm attempting to install and configure widewiew on my setup. Just a couple of initial questions if I may. Do I have to have a registered version on the server pc for wideview to work or can i trial it (10 min)? I downloaded widewiew and installed it on both computers. I chose the computer that runs the leveld767 panels only as the server inside the configuration screen. On the other computer I opened the config screen and set that as the client for the visuals. I have chosen the same aircraft/panel on both computers. I'm still reading the manual and have no idea what im supposed to do next. I think I have to look for a switch gauge that should have been installed or will that only appear on a registered version?

Cheers
Drew

jonesthesoftware

Hi Drew
Wideview is only for synchronising the outside view of the client PC with the server PC. It does not support gauges. I have the FO display running on a second PC which is my wideview client and after take off the FO EHSI, EADI, ALT, VSI all work but are displaying values which are always different to the main PC. I use wideview running on a second PC only for the outside view via TH2GO. I have the FSX scenery settings at max on this PC.
If you have the setup correct run both PC's with exactly the same flight, set the client PC view to show no instruments only the view thruough the windscreen, and when you taxi and takeoff on the main PC the outside view on the client PC should synchronise.
regards
geoff
Building a 767 cockpit

Bob Reed

It has been a long time since I looked at this software, but you use to have to run the setup software for Wideview and instal the gauge in the aircraft you wanted to use the software on. Don't know if it still works that way or not. Just something to look at.

Kennair

There's no longer a gauge or WideFS installation requirement for wideview, just install on server and client, set server config as "server" and client config as "client" and the client aircraft should recognise and track the server automatically (assuming you have your network setup to see both PC's).  As Geoff pointed out this is mainly for outside views and any gauge won't track correctly and you can have any aircraft loaded on the client however for most purposes you'd want the same aircraft as the main flight model.  It does have a demo mode but can't remember what time length.  When you do register you only need to register the Server application, you can have as many clients as you like.

You will also need to tweak settings like "Intelliview" etc in order to get the outside views tracking in sync.  Also to save any unnecessary load on the client PC you should remove all the gauges from the "panel.cfg" file to stop them loading at startup.  Do this by deleting all contents and replace with this:

[Window Titles]
window00=Main Panel

[Window00]
size_mm=1024
position=7
visible=0
ident=MAIN_PANEL
no_luminous=1

Hope that helps,

Ken.
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

Drewsta

Thanks for those replies, I now have the wideview working properly and now adding the left front view. Once i have repositioned the projectors and warped the visuals i will get some screenshots posted of how its looking and a new video aswell.

Drew

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate