Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 12:06:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
568 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 564
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 568
Total: 568

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Wideview working a treat :)

Started by Drewsta, May 29, 2011, 06:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drewsta

Hey guys, I have networked my Core I5 with an old Pentium 4 and have now setup wideview aswell for the outside visuals. I couldn't believe how relatively easy it was to setup after eye bashing the user manual for awhile. I loaded it, ran it, configured it, then closed my eyes and thought of england......hey presto it works! I'm running the levelD767 and fs2004 with the pentium 4 and it runs great , leaving the coreI5 to run the the projectors and outside visuals at 1280x800. Unfortunately one of my brand new projectors took a dump and is waiting to be replaced :( I'll play around with just 2 projectors and the Fly Elise-Ng software now and see what I can achieve there. The beautiful 767 FMC arrived from FDS and it looks absolutely authentic and I didn't know wether to install it or sleep with it! I will send some pics through of that very shortly. Also the new 767 yoke should be here son from Ali and I'll be showing that off too!

Drew

stevenwatt

Quote from: Drewsta on May 29, 2011, 06:04:26 PM
Hey guys, I have networked my Core I5 with an old Pentium 4 and have now setup wideview aswell for the outside visuals. I couldn't believe how relatively easy it was to setup after eye bashing the user manual for awhile. I loaded it, ran it, configured it, then closed my eyes and thought of england......hey presto it works! I'm running the levelD767 and fs2004 with the pentium 4 and it runs great , leaving the coreI5 to run the the projectors and outside visuals at 1280x800. Unfortunately one of my brand new projectors took a dump and is waiting to be replaced :( I'll play around with just 2 projectors and the Fly Elise-Ng software now and see what I can achieve there. The beautiful 767 FMC arrived from FDS and it looks absolutely authentic and I didn't know wether to install it or sleep with it! I will send some pics through of that very shortly. Also the new 767 yoke should be here son from Ali and I'll be showing that off too!

Drew
hi can i ask u a question about wideview do u need fs installed on the other pc so in urcase the pent 4 pc. if so do u need to have fs setup the same as fs on ur i5 system thanks steve

jackpilot

Stee-vun.
Weeha Vroom E-nuf 4 txt he-rr
UK'n Hews plane English
No probe LEM

:laugh: :laugh:

Sorry could'nt resist!

Jack

dharrison

Drewsta

H Steven, yes mate, you ill need the same Fs installation on both pc's. The exact same is prefered and with that I mean any addon sceneries etc should be the same on both. This is so the position can be updated properly on the outside visuals. There is alittle more to it than that of course but thats it in a nutshell.

Drew

andarlite

Hey Drew

Looks like you are making good progress .... you're way ahead of me now. Are you using Wideview to get the side views? Would love to see pictures of your setup with all this in place.

Regards,
Henry
Level D 767
FSX

Drewsta

Gday Henry, I'm using wideview to produce the image through TH2go and 3 x Benq 811ST 1290x800 "native" projectors. Each projector will be roughly .75 zoom and will be projected onto a curved screen maybe 160 degrees. The image will be warped with the Fly Elise -NG software which seems to work well at this point.."trial only at this stage".

Drew

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate