Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 04:19:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
551 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 588
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 551
Total: 551

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

which projector should i go for?

Started by Dan321, June 11, 2011, 09:13:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan321

Hi,

I'm most likely looking at short throw projectors, which one should I go for?

Is this one any good?

http://www.projectorshop24.co.uk/acer-projector/acer-projector_acer-x1230ps.html

Thanks

Dan

Bob Reed

Hi Dan. I think you want something with a higher resolution 1024x768 is not that good today.

blueskydriver

Hey Dan & Bob,

Dan we here at Team BSD suggest something close to what we have, as well as what Scott (XOrionFE) is using. The EW230uST by Mitsubishi work great! All the specs are just perfect for 3 projector setup.

http://www.mitsubishi-presentations.com/products/projectors/EW230U-ST.html

One of the neat things we like is the networking aspects. Each one has it's own ip address and that allows them to be turned on and adjusted from any computer connected to the same network. Even though they come with a remote (for free), you won't need it much, if at all. The network does it all...

One thing to understand, almost all projectors show what appears to be a screen pattern and the EW230uST's are not exempt from this. However, you can read that this is a commonality issue for a lot of sim owners, but don't let that discourage you. You're eyes will see past this...

If you're going too mount these on the ceiling, get short mounts. They should be no bigger than 4 inches and they should be able to adjust in all 3 spheres-tilt, pan, rotation.

BSD

| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Flying_Fox

Another short-throw projector you could use is Optoma GT720. It has a bit higher throw rate - 0.72 compared to EW230U ST (0.5).
However, it is about 30% cheaper than Mitsubishi projector ( I bought  new for $670 CDN). Like most of the cheaper projectors it does not have the lens shift, so if you need to move the picture you need to phisycally move the projector.

jskibo

Watch ebay, picked up two GT720's there for $480 shipped
Less than 4 years to retirement......

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate