Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 12, 2024, 03:45:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
508 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 570
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 508
Total: 508

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

767-300 update

Started by Drewsta, June 21, 2011, 01:02:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drewsta

Hi guys, thought I'd give an update on the 767 project which is starting to take shape a little better these days. The pics are not great quality because I took them without a flash , the flash tends to ruin the look when used I think. The visuals and networking have consumed me to no end for the last 3 months and I take my hat off to all of you who helped and supported me throughout this challenging period. I only have 2 projectors running at the moment as the 3rd had to be returned to America for replacement. I still have a long way to go with aligning the images and then warping it all too. Building a sim is a steep learning curve for most and I'm no exception and many a time I've wanted to pull what hair I have left out and call it a day.  Thanks to the brilliant help from sites like this and others, we soldier on and eventually start to reap the rewards of out efforts:)

The fun continues.

Cheers
Drew

Drewsta

Nat Crea

Well done Drew!
You've come a long way...bit painful but worth it? :D

How did you go with the CDU power supply?

Nat

Drewsta

Thanks Nat, I found an adapter at Tandy's that should do the job, I'll give it a try tomorrow.

Cheers
Drew

DaveA320

Looks great Drew.

I know what you mean by time consuming but in the end it is well worth it.  Nobody but us simmers can really appreciate what goes into these projects.

Dave

Kennair

Bloody beautiful Drew, lookin good.

If you haven't already got it, read Ivar's info on setting up multiple views on a curved screen, I can highly recommend it, and yes a big learning curve which is ongoing!

Ken.
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

Maurice

Very well done Drew. I love the 767 and that's what I started with (767 PIC) when I just had a desktop sim.

Anyway, I wouldn't worry too much about the warping part; it's much easier than it seems. Edge blending on the other hand was a nightmare for me and that's why I decided to forget about it for now anyway. The lines separating the views bothers me less & less it seems.

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

jackpilot

Lines ...? which lines
I was probably too enthusiastic, (or just normal) but I cant remember seeing lines.
Just to show you!!!
Nice Sim.

Jack

Drewsta

Hi all, just a few more pics with new FDS CDU installed. This unit is worth every dollar!! Congrats to Peter and his crew for an outstanding product. The visuals haven't been warped so they are distorted somewhat. I'll probably have to dump that whole Idea and go with straight edged screens. Should still look and feel good hopefully.

Cheers
Drew

Nat Crea

Good work Drew. Nice to see the C DU going!
Any dramas with LVLD FMC after our initial hick-up? :)
MaxiVista work?

Nat

Drewsta

Hiya Nat, the FMC works flawlessly with the Leveld767 and I can't believe the step up in realism it brings to the whole sim experience. I couldn't seem to get it to work with maxivista demo for some reason. I loaded everthing as per the instructions and Maxivista was showing on the network and the little screen on the other computer that represented the fmc actually showed up in the desktop settings of my FS pc ..cool :) So I would activate it and extend the desktop to that monitor and apply it. However I couldn't seem to drag a mouse to the fmc screen afterwards and found that everytime I checked the desktop settings the little screen always is deactivated. I reactivate it click apply and if I immediately reopen it to check it, its deactivated again. Im guessing Maxivista is working but perhaps not properly , guaranteed its probably the operator :P

Here is a little video that gives an idea of the fmc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtyopCnLEqA

Cheers
Drew

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate