Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 06:20:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
556 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 588
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 556
Total: 556

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

aircockpit.com

Started by jackpilot, November 30, 2011, 06:40:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackpilot

Very interesting French site
Some amazing cockpits/tips/and tricks
Found this for Bodnar users if it can help.

Jack

matta757

You know, the one problem with Leo's card, if you can even call it a problem with the card, is that it accepts 8 axes, but FSUIPC seems to only recognize 6 per joystick. I can't seem to get it to recognize those 2 extra axes.

Tom_G_2010

Quote from: matta757 on November 30, 2011, 02:53:44 PM
You know, the one problem with Leo's card, if you can even call it a problem with the card, is that it accepts 8 axes, but FSUIPC seems to only recognize 6 per joystick. I can't seem to get it to recognize those 2 extra axes.

Say it isn't so . . .  I need to fire my bodnar board up this weekend on the test bench.  I had planned three of them for my build and was planning to use most of the analog inputs.  That would force me into a 4th board.

That stinks.
PC: Intel Core i5 @ 2.8GHz, 6Gb Ram, Win 7 64Bit, ATI Radeon HD5450
SIM:FSX w/Aclrtn Pk, FSUIPC4, ASE sp3, Megascenery Earth & X

matta757

Tom,

*EDIT* In the FSUIPC manual, it states that each joystick will accept up to 6 joystick axes. So it appears that you will not be able to use all 8, unfortunately :(

I'd love to know if you can get more than 6 to work. I think it's a limiting factor with FSUIPC.

Actually, maybe I am wrong. You might be able to get 7 to work. I have never gotten 8 to work. I may or may not have gotten 7, but as I think about it I think I have only ever gotten 6 to be recognized.

This is within FSUIPC, the calibration in Windows will see all 8. But FSUIPC does not see all 8.

Let me know what you figure out!

Matt

Tom_G_2010

Quote from: matta757 on December 01, 2011, 01:31:15 PM
Tom,

I'd love to know if you can get more than 6 to work. I think it's a limiting factor with FSUIPC.

Actually, maybe I am wrong. You might be able to get 7 to work. I have never gotten 8 to work. I may or may not have gotten 7, but as I think about it I think I have only ever gotten 6 to be recognized.

This is within FSUIPC, the calibration in Windows will see all 8. But FSUIPC does not see all 8.

Let me know what you figure out!

Matt

I'll be sure to post what I find out.  Thinking about it though, while I far prefer to run everything through FSUIPC, there are a couple axis that aren't as critical or in need of as robust an interface, cowl flaps for example.  I could pick those up directly in FSX since, as you point out, it does read all 8.  The the first 6 or 7 on each card could be controlled via FSUIPC.
PC: Intel Core i5 @ 2.8GHz, 6Gb Ram, Win 7 64Bit, ATI Radeon HD5450
SIM:FSX w/Aclrtn Pk, FSUIPC4, ASE sp3, Megascenery Earth & X

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate