Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 07:11:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
555 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 584
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 555
Total: 556

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

737 crossfeed valve selector

Started by Sean, July 04, 2012, 05:49:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean

I was wondering if the 737 (NG) crossfeed valve selector travels through:-

90 degrees?
180 degrees?
360 degrees?

stinger

Its 90 degrees mate i brought my rotary from simparts de. its two way 90 degree rotation for shaw.

Sean

Ok. So the selector is North/South in the closed position. Am I correct in assuming it turns clockwise to open (and therefore anticlockwise to close it again)?

fdspcos

Mike Leavy can confirm but I believe it is 360 degrees. no Stop.
90 Degree selectors are likely the closest available. We use 90 degree unless a real device is available.
Peter

philb737

it's definitely a 90 Degree selector, not a 360  ;)
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while!

vidarf

90 degrees times 4 = 360. :)
Use a 90 degree rotary selector. Works just fine. If you want to, you could open the switch and remove the stop in order to get it fully realistic. NOTE: you'll need to wire two of the "legs" on the switch together so that the switch activates every other 90 degree turn.

jetpilot

I have the real one and travels 90
Roberto C

vidarf

OKay? To both sides? Interesting! :D I'm a detail freak, so this info is USEFUL! :)

wledzian

If you're referring to the knob in the center of the panel shown on this page
http://www.b737.org.uk/fuel.htm

then it is a continuous-rotation 4-position switch.

Open:  --- (---) ---

Closed: --- ( | ) ---

vidarf

One would think so. You cannot demand that the Divine Being in the left seat should remember which way (s)he turned the knob to begin with... :D

Sean

So are we saying the knob in the real aircraft turns thru 360 degrees?

Garys

Its a 90 degree 2 position switch here.

Gary

vidarf

I know we men are obsessed by knobs, but this?
Oh, actually - I get it! 8)

MLeavy737

Hey guys its a 90deg 2 position switch.  Clockwise to open, counter clockwise to close.  Those are the only 2 positions the knob will turn.

Mike L
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

Sean

vidarf

Another detail in the box! (breaking out the screwdriver...). Thanks, Mike! :)

Nat Crea

Hate to drag out the worlds longest thread about one click...
but...Vidarf this is for you  :P (Yes its the real switch and panel with FDS IBL Plate)

Nat

http://youtu.be/3nlrYV9NSWg

vidarf

Sean

That video proves nothing!  :-\

We want to see proof that if you try and turn the knob another 90 degrees, it snaps off in your hand!  :o

Sean

Whilst we're on about the crossfeed selector, can anyone recommend a good knob!  :o

vidarf

Maybe. I'll look into casting in clear resin (backlightable knobs).

Something like this:

Nat Crea

Sean...thats all it bloody does!!! ;D
No blending...cafe latte...cake baking...or any other miracle cures...
just turns 90 deg to the right(ONCE!) and back...no 30 or 45 deg clicks in between...
just bloody right(ONCE!) and back  :o

To rare to snap off to prove a point mate...Vidarf can try that LOL

;D
Nat

Maurice

This has got to be the longest thread ever about a trivial detail which will in no way enhance the flying experience.

But then again, this is a cockpit builder's forum and not a flying forum and it is quite obvious that very little actual flying is happening otherwise there would not be such passionate discussions about a simple knob but rather more discussions about the fine points of flying a sophisticated airliner.

To each their own of course but I got into this hobby because of my passion for flying and not for agonizing about trying to build an exact replica of an actual airliner, which is something nobody here will achieve anyway no matter how accurate your knobs are  ;D.

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Garys

Agree 100% Maurice. But on the flip side not only do you have a 737NG pilot, a 737NG AME, and one of the best 737 builders contibuting answers to this thread along with with many other great builders with a video no less showing not only the switch but also the state of the annunciators as the valve moves as well,  it also goes to show the passion that we have in our community.  Thats brilliant!  :)

Gary

Sean

Well, I need to buy that switch, so I may as well get the correct one!

So now that we have agreed on how the switch works (I think), does anybody actually use it???

(I'll shut up now)  :-X

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate