Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 03:29:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
539 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 588
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 539
Total: 540

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Another video and more fuel for the projector vs LCD debate

Started by Maurice, September 25, 2012, 07:02:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maurice

Sorry but I was asked to remove this video from Youtube because of certain privacy issues. Nothing serious so I may repost after editing some parts of it.

Maurice

Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

XOrionFE

Awesome video Maurice!  Thank you and also thank Angus and Crew for another fantastic and inspirational video as well.

Scott

Maurice

Quote from: XOrionFE on September 25, 2012, 07:47:03 AM
Awesome video Maurice!  Thank you and also thank Angus and Crew for another fantastic and inspirational video as well.

Scott

Angus obviously loves to teach almost as much as he loves flying. I have attended a few of his training sessions both here and in his sim at the airport. His patience is outstanding and he always explains everything in great detail.  These are real pilots training for real corporate jobs so nothing is left to guessing.

Anyway, always a real pleasure to be in attendance and although I do not fly myself during these sessions, I always learn many things along the way by just listening.

Maurice

Trevor Hale

Awesome bud, and glad to see the sim is flying again, and not in a heap under the car in the garage.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Boeing Skunk Works

Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

Maurice

Quote from: Trevor Hale on September 25, 2012, 09:43:16 AM
Awesome bud, and glad to see the sim is flying again, and not in a heap under the car in the garage.

Trev

Stay tuned, it could still end there. I just completed a motherboard transplant and the damn thing survived the operation. I was so hoping it would be fatal but it keeps on ticking. But I still have to get one projector fixed very soon so that could well mean the end of it if it can't be repaired.

And no Scott, I am not buying your projectors  ;D

Maurice

rhysb

Haha Maurice I think that was the next post from Scott!

Great video bud, the picture looks quite clear in the video as well. Reminds me of a sim check!! I was just waiting for an alarm or something to go off!!
One wheel landings, tail scrapes... just doing my best!!
737 classic sim. Xplane 10 64bit on 3 i5 pc's. FDS IBL overhead, FDS CDU's & CCU's, Simvionics Panels, CP Flight MCP/EFIS, engravity & homemade MIP, prosim737, project magenta, GLB interior panels.

Maurice

OK, this is a bit ridiculous. My last post was deleted because I apparently said something about one vendor's instructor station software not working with my SimA software. This was neither an attack on that vendor nor a rant and I specifically said that the evaluation version was not working for me. It was simply a true statement applicable to me only.

Is this what this forum is becoming now... a place where you really have to be so careful about what you say? I believe in limited censorship but my post was neither incendiary nor hurtful in any way towards that vendor since they plainly admit their software was not made or tested with SimA. So my statement was not news & should not have been deleted.

Maurice

jackpilot

????????
As far as I know nobody deleted anything????
???
Please repost.

Jack

Maurice

Quote from: jackpilot on September 25, 2012, 07:49:21 PM
????????
As far as I know nobody deleted anything????
???
Please repost.

I wasn't just talking about my post Jack. I know of and I have seen other posts disappear without explanation. This reminds me of what was happening in another site and I find that quite disturbing. Need I say more?

Maurice

jackpilot

[quote/]

I wasn't just talking about my post Jack. I know of and I have seen other posts disappear without explanation. Maurice
[/quote]

As a moderator  I have probably deleted max 2 or 3 posts in all these years, always associated with a PM to the author explaining why. Also, as Trev said, when a member asks for his account to be closed (happens) all his/her posts go.

Hey! no one would dare to touch your posts Mau!! :D
Your last video is great.
JP

Jack

Maurice

I removed my last reply after talking to Trev and clearing the air. All is well with both of us and I agree that my earlier comment was premature as I should have checked with the moderators first. I am now happy that whatever happened to my post was not deliberately done assuming the post did actually appear in the forum and did not get lost in transit (it can happen)

Maurice

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate