Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 06:27:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
519 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 547
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 519
Total: 519

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Accu-Feel in the homecockpit?

Started by blueskydriver, November 17, 2012, 09:50:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueskydriver

Hey Everyone,

I saw an older program for FSX that look like a good idea to try in the sim. It is called Accu-Feel and more or less, it is a sound program, but it also has visual movement settings within it.

Movement being that it gives you the bouncing, shaking, vibrating in the video (it is adjustable); thus, you can use this to help with the immerson factor. Some of us use butt kickers or auras, which is just fine to get that rumble feeling in our butts; however, we really do not see that same sense with our eyes. Accu-Feel gives you that, as well as many other adjustments.

It cost $14 US and is a download only (small download at that). Additionally, once it is installed, you make the adjustments from the FSX menu line under add-ons (Accu-Feel has its own interface window with sliders, which equals=simple). You do not have to use this program of course in a homecockpit, but as I said, it gives you just that little bit more of an inclusion of the things that are taking for granted, and sorely missed in the FSX defaults.

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

fsaviator

That may just be be the final piece I need to get my immersion.

Thanks, BSD
Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

Nat Crea

Hate to shatter your dreams John, but like Dynamic head movement  in FSX,
Accufeel will only "shake" your VC cockpit. Does nothing to the external view which we use in full sims...

Nat

blueskydriver

Nat,

It is shaking mine a little and I think that's due to my shock leveling being set tight. I will set it to be loose and report back about it...

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Nat Crea

OK...Judging by the video on their website, it looks like just the VC shaking...
Let me know If it actually does effect the outside view...

Nat

AVIATor-Olav

Are there any similar programs for fs9?

blueskydriver

Just now getting back up to flying after the computer crash. Anyway, just finished a flight and Accufeel does work in my sim. Right now the shock leveling is still tight, but I can attest that there is bounce in the visuals on all 3 screens!

I will check my camera settings, but since I am using the PMDG 737 NGX, it would be in the VC mode and I just stripped out the interior cockpit, so in short, I am setup in VC views. Also, I did not have the bounce before installing Accufeel. On my next flight I will set the shocks to be lose and see what happens. I suspect it will bounce a lot more. Either way I'll make a short video to show it working...

John

fsaviator

John,
maybe I'm misunderstanding...

Does it only shake the view, or does it allow for bass shakers and subwoofers to add add to the feel?
Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

Maurice

I have to say I'm very skeptical about the benefits. Whenever someone walks in my living room and I am flying downstairs, the projectors bounce a little and shake the image. If that is what accufeel does, I hate it as it does not feel like turbulence at all as the projected image just gets shaky & fuzzy and it is very annoying.

But maybe that is not what accufeel does so I'm also very curious about it. I would think that to simulate any kind of turbulence, the VC AND the outside view would both have to move a little as if you bounced on your seat. So without a VC, it would be just like someone or something shaking the projectors.

Anyway, curious about your impressions John.

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

blueskydriver

Hey Guys,

Okay, what it does is make the outside visuals move like you're in the plane with a gradual type of feeling to it. Think of driving and the car has real nice shocks...smooth, but noticeable up and down movement. It's not a jitter or a rough shaking, even though you could adjust it too make it more rougher.

The thing is you can adjust it to simulate the different types of aircraft, also it has the aspects of when you taxiing or rolling on different surfaces. On asphalt it's smooth, but on a grass field, you know you're on it. The key is to set it up to what you feel is right. Mine is just enough to notice, but not too much that's over done...

Now, I do have the subwoofers under the platforms and a butt-kicker under the Captains seat. So, that means I am seeing somewhat of what I feel of the bumps and thumps in my butt. Yet, neither of it is tied to one another. In other words Accufeel is not a part of anything to do with actual devices like that. However, it does have sound effects that'll play during the flight.

You do get the taxi/runway bumping sound, the gear up and down sounds, and even the screech of the landing gear on the runway when landing. There are other sounds I cannot think of at the moment, but all of them are adjustable.

Here is a good link about it. Scroll down for a youtube video on the subject:

http://www.a2asimulations.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=49

Finally, I think what happens is the VC cockpit view does the moving and since I am using that camera choice without the VC cockpit interior, the moving is still there, but my real shell is taking the place of the VC cockpit and that illusion of visual movement is still there.

I will for sure get a video up shortly...

John

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate